Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Unai Emery

Post by TeeCee »

Thank fuck! That’s part one done. Part two is even more important! Please please please do not go for Nuno at Wolves! It’ll be another Emery. We have to make the decision to go with top proven quality ....Allegri.... or unproven youngster with great reputation.....Nagelsmann or maybe Arteta? Please don’t go for Paddy, he hasn’t exactly proven much at NY or Nice! Make the right decision Arsenal!!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Good riddance.....absolute dud hire.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Charlie the piss head saying we have to go get Brenda Rogers. Fuck off. :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:32 am
Charlie the piss head saying we have to go get Brenda Rogers. Fuck off. :censored:
Sean Dyche for me :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
:barscarf: :lol:

Or maybe Curbishly? :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Big day for Freddie on Sunday :barscarf:

Appointed as "interim" manager so if he stops the losing run then he buys the twats in the board a bit of time. If not then the pressure for a full time appointment will grow.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Good luck to Emery wherever he ends up, no doubt in true ex-manager tradition and Arsenal Tradition he will be managing a team at some point in the future they will come to the bowl and turn us over. Whaaaat? It's fate I tell ya It's Fate!.

Anyway'#s I think you lot are all well off the mark as to who should come in and manage us, there is only one person surely:

He's an ex-player of the highest calibre, he still has his own hea dof hair and he is "Old Skool".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07vt4 ... Preview%5D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:34 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
:barscarf: :lol:

Or maybe Curbishly? :wink:
or perhaps Warnock? :mrgreen:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Another mistake we must not make, when the next manager is appointed is to refuse to act sooner if it’s aparent that he is taking us nowhere! We beed to see evidence of progress !
I will give him 3 months and if I don’t see any then I’ll want him sacked :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 am
Just out of interest Sid...Did you have a bet on this?

Also just out of interest ... What will you moan about now? :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 am
Thank fuck! That’s part one done. Part two is even more important! Please please please do not go for Nuno at Wolves! It’ll be another Emery. We have to make the decision to go with top proven quality ....Allegri.... or unproven youngster with great reputation.....Nagelsmann or maybe Arteta? Please don’t go for Paddy, he hasn’t exactly proven much at NY or Nice! Make the right decision Arsenal!!
Part Two is getting rid of the yank wig wearing CUNTT Kroenke and his son and all and any connected with the evil bastardd. :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DITTO.
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Let me say that Freddie was probably my favourite "invincibles era" player. I don't know why....he just was. I would go further and say that for perhaps nine months of the 2001/2002 season, especially when Robert Pires was out injured, he hit heights that equalled those of any of his contemporaries during that whole glorious period.

But it is fucking ridiculous to leave ourselves in a position where he as a fledgling coach is running the show, probably until the end of the season. The fact that we failed to move three weeks ago, when it was obvious Emery was on borrowed time, allowed Tottenham to act decisively and bring Mourinho in. Whether you like the man or not is irrelevant. It was a calculated gamble to appoint a man with a proven track record of hitting the ground running. Liverpool changed their manager in the autumn four years ago, but had Klopp lined up to take over straight away.

Of course there will be loads of goodwill towards Freddie from the fans. The board know that. But it doesn't translate into turning the club round or even leaving us in a position where we are likely to attract a quality manager in the summer. It is criminal that we have left ourselves in this position where Freddie is left in charge because no-one else is available, not Rodgers (even if we wanted him)......probably not even the bloke from Wolves!
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

FRODO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.