Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:08 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:02 pm
With the transfer dealings over the last two summers and the 'success' of last season 3rd and Europa Cup win is minimum for a successful season from Emery surely :rubchin:
Don't agree on a technicality mate. Whilst I could not give a flying shit about the now massively devalued CL personally, if Dick gets that 4th spot and puts the club back in amongst Europe's elite (plus tottingham and the victims and all the other 3rd and 4th place teams in Europe :oops: :roll: ) then he could be said to have had a successful season - and I think that is how the wig molester will judge him.
CL qualification and our revenue goes up by about £50M which will keep wiggy happy whether we are 3rd or 4th so while I get your point it's not how wiggy will be thinking.

A successful season for me would simply be to win any of the cups. CL qualification means we get away from Thursday / Sunday football and get to play more high profile teams which is success of a different kind.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

fuck all the cups.

i want third.

and 2nd next year.

and a title in the next 4-5 years.

A club of our size and History should pick up a title or two a decade - 18 years was too long imho for a club of our standing.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I phrased it as a question but really it was a statement. Arguably he has a better team with more of his 'own' players this year, he's had more time to drill his way of playing into the youngsters and Wenger leftovers. Added to this arguably Chelsea haven't strengthened, Spurs havent had a better transfer window than us and neither have the Mancs scum. We finished 1 and 2 points behind the teams ahead of us and came close to winning the Europa league last season.

All things being equal and add this to UE being arguably a better manager than Fat Fwank, OGS, and Pocce (worlds greatest manager never to have won anything) then we should finish 3rd and win the Europa otherwise it's not a successful season.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:34 pm
fuck all the cups.

i want third.

and 2nd next year.

A club of our size and History should pick up a title or two a decade - 18 years was too long imho for a club of our standing.
....and a pony and a castle. Sorry excuse my childish humour, couldn't help myself :lol:

I hear you but I fear that until the wiggy one goes we'll be lucky to get back into a CL position and retain it. Size and history doesn't matter anymore.......just ask the chavs or citeh :x

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:38 pm
clockender1 wrote:
fuck all the cups.

i want third.

and 2nd next year.

....and a pony and a castle. Sorry excuse my childish humour, couldn't help myself :lol:

I hear you but I fear that until the wiggy one goes we'll be lucky to get back into a CL position and retain it. Size and history doesn't matter anymore.......just ask the chavs or citeh :x
I agree to a point, but the law of averages says there should be at least one year they BOTH fuck up.

that is why Leicester won it . under any other manager, that would have been our year most likely - given our resources.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:20 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
fuck all the cups.

i want third.

and 2nd next year.

I agree to a point, but the law of averages says there should be at least one year they BOTH fuck up.

that is why Leicester won it . under any other manager, that would have been our year most likely - given our resources.

But you are asking too much of the law of averages. You want 2 or more others to fuck up AND for us to step up when that happens. So when that last happened Leicester grabbed the title and our little flowers couldn't quite manage to bother their arses enough to nick a title that was up for grabs.....a little bit like last season when we couldn't get over the line for a top 4 finish despite other teams fucking up to try and help us yet we still threw it away. Whether Dick can change that culture or not I guess we will see this year.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
fuck all the cups.

i want third.

and 2nd next year.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Nuffin wrong wiv a pony & a castle! :?

:D

Now a Unicorn and yer talkin'

:barscarf:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

You guys realise that if we don't START Torreira + ANYBODY [other than XHAKA] against Liverpool,

Were doomed!

We need our BEST BALL WINNER !!! Actual Natural Born DM, next to someone who can also actually win back the ball,

& not SPECTATE with the Captains Badge on :banghead: , Take 5hrs to make up his mind where to pass the ball? :hmmthink:

Rather that Win back the ball + Drive Foward + Drive Past Defenders + Create Space + Shoot & SCORE!!!

All of these things Torreira & Kante CAN DO well, but ALL are out of Xhaka's range on possibility.

[The only thing he ever dribbled on was FOOD...NEVER ON THE PITCH...cannot move the ball forward]

Anyway so heres to hoping against Liverpool our 'DM' Partnership is

Torreira + Guendouzi / Willock / Ceballos [if Ozil shows up to work :alarmclock:] / the water boy

& if all of these OTHER guys are Unavailable due to a sudden...SUDDEN inconspicuously & ironically timed ..... illness :alarmclock:

THEN.....Xhaka can start...& I'll pray from SECOND 1 ............... Till 5mins After Extra time, that we don't need to press charges for battery! :groaner:

[Duracell or Energizer....more likely Energizer...]

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From todays telegraph.....Unai Emery plans to sell Shkodran Mustafi and Mohamed Elneny this transfer window and says they have no future at Arsenal

Emery doing well so far.....

Herd

Post by Herd »

Chelsea will struggle this season ,United might also,so their is a possibility of 3rd on the cards for someone to take .
Whether that is Arsenal will depend on our defense which shows no sign of improvement or even that the problems with it are bieng worked on .
The return of Holding is important as Luiz is a clown but just as important is having a defender assigned to covering the back 3 or four.
If Emry wont address the problem it then he and we will fail.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Unai Emery bottIes it again, pre match comments were not 'mind games' he's simpIy not a big club manager.
He needs to go whiIe Mourinho and AIegeri are stiII on the market before ArsenaI once again Iose out Iike we did by sticking with Wenger instead of getting KIopp

#EmeryOut

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

He got the victims game tactics/team selection COMPLETELY WRONG. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Riotof91 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:49 pm
Unai Emery bottIes it again, pre match comments were not 'mind games' he's simpIy not a big club manager.
He needs to go whiIe Mourinho and AIegeri are stiII on the market before ArsenaI once again Iose out Iike we did by sticking with Wenger instead of getting KIopp

#EmeryOut

Anyone that wants moaninho as manager of our club is a c.unt pure and simple :censored: :censored: :censored:

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:23 pm
Riotof91 wrote:

#EmeryOut

Anyone that wants moaninho as manager of our club is a c.unt pure and simple :censored: :censored: :censored:
must be a Wenger fan
Mourinho was right to piss on Wenger and our pathetic fanbase :barscarf:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Riotof91 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:44 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:23 pm
Riotof91 wrote:

#EmeryOut

must be a Wenger fan
Mourinho was right to piss on Wenger and our pathetic fanbase :barscarf:
:lol:

Augie is anything but a Wenger fan.

Allegri should be our number one target if Emery fails to get us into the CL next season. Until then I'm still behind Emery.