Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Unai Emery

Post by clockender1 »

Dick should drop Cech, play Leno and tell Leno to give Cech his medal.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:54 pm
Hmmm.......I suspect Leno might tell Dick to fuck right off :rubchin: .

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Hang on, we're getting there....Dick tells Cech to fuck off and Leno keeps the medal...easy :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:09 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Hang on, we're getting there....Dick tells Cech to fuck off and Leno keeps the medal...easy :lol:

:lol: :lol: Works for me. :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Shirley, the whole squad get one anyway + he can have a photo with the cup as a nice keepsake as long as he doesn’t play.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
He'd fuckin drop it :lol:

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

StuartL wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:35 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Shirley, the whole squad get one anyway + he can have a photo with the cup as a nice keepsake as long as he doesn’t play.
Leave him on the bench and then let him do a John Terry by joining in the celebrations in full kit mode!

And don't call me Shirley!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertone wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 pm
StuartL wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
Leave him on the bench and then let him do a John Terry by joining in the celebrations in full kit mode!

Which teams celebrations would he be joining in on :rubchin: :evil:

Sorry, have I blown your cover ?

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

StuartL wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:29 am
goonertone wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 pm
StuartL wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Which teams celebrations would he be joining in on :rubchin: :evil:

Sorry, have I blown your cover ?
Well it had better be ours (hopefully) and not the chavs although i think we all know where his true loyalties lie! 😏

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Slightly off topic but I would like Emery to say something similar to this:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... thout-plan

We all hope Spurs suffer in the same way as we did after building an expensive new stadium but you can see Pochetino has ambition, unlike Wenger (aka the company man), who just played along with Kroenke's plan, intentionally or just because he was deluded enough in his own ability to think he could compete anyway.

Emery needs to call out the board (Kroenke) as this will get the fans on his side if (when) we get to the end of the summer and have only spent peanuts again because of the board's cost cutting agenda, Pochetino is smart enough to put the ball in their court and Emery should follow suit. Notice how Poch doesn't mention Arsenal, one could say this is to insult a rival but honestly I think it is just because it is obvious we are not even remotely trying to be ambitious.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:33 pm

We all hope Spurs suffer in the same way as we did after building an expensive new stadium but you can see Pochetino has ambition, unlike Wenger (aka the company man), who just played along with Kroenke's plan, intentionally or just because he was deluded enough in his own ability to think he could compete anyway.

Emery needs to call out the board (Kroenke) as this will get the fans on his side if (when) we get to the end of the summer and have only spent peanuts again because of the board's cost cutting agenda, Pochetino is smart enough to put the ball in their court and Emery should follow suit. Notice how Poch doesn't mention Arsenal, one could say this is to insult a rival but honestly I think it is just because it is obvious we are not even remotely trying to be ambitious.

You have to wonder if Dick is really that bothered about the finances. He must have asked that question when he was blowing smoke up the Board's arse during his interview presentation telling the clueless wankers what a magnificent squad we had. Having now experienced the actual quality and depth of our squad and seen the actual ambition of our owner I wouldn't be surprised if he's half hoping for a way out of this mess i.e. the second year clause in his contract :rubchin:

Poch doesn't mention us because he is naming the PL big spenders - which we ain't :( He has previously stated he wouldn't manage Barca because he's loyal to Espanyol and in the same way could never see himself working at the Arsenal. I think he is more an honest bloke than a petty one.....but then again you never know :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:57 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

You have to wonder if Dick is really that bothered about the finances. He must have asked that question when he was blowing smoke up the Board's arse during his interview presentation telling the clueless wankers what a magnificent squad we had. Having now experienced the actual quality and depth of our squad and seen the actual ambition of our owner I wouldn't be surprised if he's half hoping for a way out of this mess i.e. the second year clause in his contract :rubchin:

Poch doesn't mention us because he is naming the PL big spenders - which we ain't :( He has previously stated he wouldn't manage Barca because he's loyal to Espanyol and in the same way could never see himself working at the Arsenal. I think he is more an honest bloke than a petty one.....but then again you never know :lol:
Even with somebody like Kroenke as our owner I honestly feel as long as any top class manager with ambition is given at least £75 million every summer to spend and more crucially patience from the fans and the board then they can over time build a competitive team as Klopp has shown. In Wenger's last 10 years he proved to be incompetent and worse an ambition less company man. There has always been enough resources to compete for the league till March at the very least.

FWIW I still think Emery will get around £100 million to spend this summer and I'd like to see what his, Sanllehi and Edu's plans in the transfer market. I would be happy with just four players coming in if it meant that we could get rid of most of the deadwood.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:57 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

Even with somebody like Kroenke as our owner I honestly feel as long as any top class manager with ambition is given at least £75 million every summer to spend and more crucially patience from the fans and the board then they can over time build a competitive team as Klopp has shown. In Wenger's last 10 years he proved to be incompetent and worse an ambition less company man. There has always been enough resources to compete for the league till March at the very least.

FWIW I still think Emery will get around £100 million to spend this summer and I'd like to see what his, Sanllehi and Edu's plans in the transfer market. I would be happy with just four players coming in if it meant that we could get rid of most of the deadwood.

From loan signings only at xmas to a warchest of £100M in the summer. I hope you are right but I don't see where the extra £60M is coming from given the way our finances have been run of late. I'm not sure how much of the ropey cup money is accounted for and how much extra Dick might get but it's not that much.

Still it's ST renewal time so time for some well placed leaks from the club linking us with some real players who we will never actually sign :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:55 pm

From loan signings only at xmas to a warchest of £100M in the summer. I hope you are right but I don't see where the extra £60M is coming from given the way our finances have been run of late. I'm not sure how much of the ropey cup money is accounted for and how much extra Dick might get but it's not that much.

Still it's ST renewal time so time for some well placed leaks from the club linking us with some real players who we will never actually sign :roll:
Haha you are almost as cynical as myself :twisted: . I agree that with a healthy budget given time and the right people around him we can build as Pool have proven, but the situation here is not the same, we have no assets to sell like they did, I believe Kroenke to be a worse owner than Henry, less ambition and less involved, I cannot see where the £100M is coming from either, if you assume we get in the CL and sell a number of players maybe that is about right but certainly much less outside the CL and before sales.

Transfer fees are still rising and our budget is at best now static, we know that Kroenke wants to reduce the wage bill in light of next financial years circa £60M loss, I think it will take a miracle worker to turn Arsenal into a competitive club again under this regime. Raul is correct in saying we need to be very 'efficient', as in 100%, when currently we are probably about 30%. :roll:

That's why I say if Emery has any sense at all he needs to put pressure on the board to back him, otherwise he's sailing a sinking ship, and they will have another fall guy to blame it on.

augie

Post by augie »

I really don't understand how we are supposed to have made a loss of between 40m-60m last season - we spend fcuk all in the transfer market, we sell out tickets for every home game, we probably make millions on merchandise worldwide, plus we rake in serious coin from tv deals, so how the fcuk can we be in a worse position that the shite fart lane scum ? :?