Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Unai Emery

Post by rodders999 »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:01 pm
We’ve got Emery
Unai Emery
When he speaks no one can understand
A gromless fucking shite
He is our Wenger Lite
We’ve got Unai Emery :barscarf:
OOOOH don't tempt the aw 8) ay fans to sing this next time (if he gets to the next away game)
Re-wrote it to make it flow better. You’re welcome

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Has he gone yet?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Odds on him getting sacked are in and around 2/1 with most bookies.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:15 pm
Odds on him getting sacked are in and around 2/1 with most bookies.
If he’s still here for the Southampton game then Raul and Edu are going on the c.unt list.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:48 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:01 pm
We’ve got Emery
Unai Emery
When he speaks no one can understand
A gromless fucking shite
He is our Wenger Lite
We’ve got Unai Emery :barscarf:
OOOOH don't tempt the aw 8) ay fans to sing this next time (if he gets to the next away game)
Re-wrote it to make it flow better. You’re welcome
Or just what the Leicester fans sung to him yesterday "your just a shit Arsene Wenger "
I'm starting to think I should of been careful of what I wished for.
Only arsenal it would seem would appoint a manager to prove akbs right

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:49 pm
Clash wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:10 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:04 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:52 am
The board and owner 100% behind him, of course they are because they don't want to pay him off.

When is the wiggy out campaign ever going to start?

When all the supporters groups got together during the summer I thought that the wheels were starting to turn.
Our sad case fans can't see beyond the manager can they?

Fooled by a transfer window that was better than nearly all of the previous ones (wouldn't be hard would it) whilst failing to realise its the sort of investment that West Ham and Everton have been outperforming. Pepe paid for over 5 years, a cast off on loan from Madrid, someone from the SPL that none of the top teams in this country were interested in, an 18 year old from Brazil. Oh, chuck in the Chavski cast off too. The way our trendy beards reacted you'd have thought we signed Alysson and Van Dijk (I think thats what you call an effective transfer window).

Of course it would have helped if the previous C.unts In Arms (Gazidis and Wenger) had actually tied some of our better players to long term deals (Alexis, Ramsey) so that we'd have had some additional funds to invest

I still can't understand why people think this squad is somehow equipped to be in the top 4. Everyone above us, including Sheffield United, have a better defence and I don't care whether Mourinho, Allegri or Dyche got the job......until someone takes a wrecking ball to the back line, signs a proper right back (not a converted winger), the sort of commanding CB that has been missing for years, and a proper shielding player in front of them (yeah not the Swiss dollop that shit for brains spent 32m on), this team will continue to concede goals
All absolutely true mate.

I’m not defending Emery but he wasn’t simply just the wrong choice meaning a sudden change in management can put everything right . It goes much deeper than that.

Looking at our team, with perhaps 3 or 4 exceptions, we are actually just a collection of poor players, with a weak mentality. The reason our results are not very good is because we are not very good.

Maybe they’re not getting coached properly or whatever ... but there is no point denying how inadequate the players really are.

What we are most certainly not, is a great team that is being held back just from being badly coached. And so getting Emery out and someone similar in like Enrique will change nothing much.

Listening to Tony Adams yesterday was a reminder how different the mentality of the whole club is now compared to when he was there. I would love people who know what the real Arsenal is about working at the club so that there are certain standards in place - the way they do it at Bayern. And I mean the real Arsenal - not that hideous distorted monstrosity Wenger created. But I just cannot see a way this will ever happen. I can’t envisage any future scenario where we are not paying a price for selling our soul.

The axis of evil, Kroenke, Wenger and Gazidis did so much damage that I cannot see a way back for Arsenal any time soon.

Have to say that I am not buying that at all - take citeeh and the victims out of it, and Tierney, bellend, lacazette and aubamayueng would walk into every other team in the league, whilst leno, guendouzi, pepe and torreira would get into most teams. I agree 100% that they are embarrassingly weak mentally, but saying that they aint good enough is giving them an out that they do not deserve. Emery is at fault for his tactical and team selection fcuks (and they are increasing weekly :roll: ), but the players have down tools and are not trying enough imo, and that should be acknowledged instead of pinning 100% of the blame on emery :roll: :roll: Lest we forget, these players are employed and paid by AFC not emery fc, and their lack of effort is killing the club not just emery
Bellerin :D

augie

Post by augie »

Bellerin is not a complete full back and that is for damn sure, but yeu tell me how many better full backs are in the league right now :rubchin: The reality is that average is the new world class cos standards across the world have dropped that much

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:( :( :(

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is just going to drag on and on and on like one of those divorces that is beyond repair whilst all your friends/ gut knowing tells you it is over...

How on earth are the next 6 games going to change things - The World and his Dog already know he is NOT the man for the job, so they should get rid and move on.
FFS! :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:54 pm
:( :( :(

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is just going to drag on and on and on like one of those divorces that is beyond repair whilst all your friends/ gut knowing tells you it is over...

How on earth are the next 6 games going to change things - The World and his Dog already know he is NOT the man for the job, so they should get rid and move on.
FFS! :banghead:
The issue as always with 'X' games to turn things around, if the teams around you get similar results you are still in the same position you were :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

In fairness I think that we all know that this "6 game trial" is b.ullshit - if they were seriously considering emery's position they would axe him now in the international window when we have 2 weeks without a game. This scenario is like the solskjaer one except that it is in reverse - manure axed moaninho right before they had an easy run of games cos they knew it would be harder to sack him if he put a run of wins together. Our board are planning on a few wins against mediocre teams (brighton, Norwich etc) silencing the disgruntled fans, and then they can continue with operation emery :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:24 pm
In fairness I think that we all know that this "6 game trial" is b.ullshit - if they were seriously considering emery's position they would axe him now in the international window when we have 2 weeks without a game. This scenario is like the solskjaer one except that it is in reverse - manure axed moaninho right before they had an easy run of games cos they knew it would be harder to sack him if he put a run of wins together. Our board are planning on a few wins against mediocre teams (brighton, Norwich etc) silencing the disgruntled fans, and then they can continue with operation emery :roll:

Exactly this. The board are banking on the next 4 "winnable" league fixtures and I guess hoping that a couple of EL wins might help quieten the mob. I was saying exactly this elsewhere yesterday.

Any less than 6 points from the 4 league games and he's probably gone, because the games following those don't promise too much. Six to nine points and he'll be kept at least until after Christmas.

I feel for the bloke, but the right decision would be to give him the bullet now, so that we can make an adjustment during the international break and the new structure will have those four "easier" games to bed in. Still, our board rarely make the right decision. :(

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I'm in agreement with the club for now.

yes Emery should probably go but i think he deserves to be given these next 4 "easy" league games to see if he can improve things.
at the end of the day he has had a bad month, it happens. his winning percentage at Arsenal is still pretty high.

hopefully now that the players have returned from injury, he will able to get some wins and then take that momentum into the Christmas fixtures.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

"We firmly believe Unai is the right man for the job."

Unai Emery receives a public vote of confidence from the Arsenal hierarchy.

Full story

https://t.co/37UDMWzNbD

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm
I'm in agreement with the club for now.

yes Emery should probably go but i think he deserves to be given these next 4 "easy" league games to see if he can improve things.
at the end of the day he has had a bad month, it happens. his winning percentage at Arsenal is still pretty high.

hopefully now that the players have returned from injury, he will able to get some wins and then take that momentum into the Christmas fixtures.

Why should he deserve it?