Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 am
bunch wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:01 pm

To be fair, I think Arseblog was calling for a change of manager at least 2 seasons before Wenger finally departed. Not as long as me and many others but it is understandable that younger fans like Arseblog, Gunnerblog and Stillman had a strong emotional attachment to the Frenchman as they grew into Arsenal knowing only Arsene.

Now its different. You fail you go. Emery has failed, he should go.
I’m 46 and I’m pretty sure Arseblog is older than me so he will have experienced as far back as the Terry Neill era at least.

Personally I think he defended Wenger and the regime way beyond what was acceptable, especially for someone who’s now demanding the following manager be sacked after 18 months.

Makes me wonder if going with popular option to maximise their own revenue is the priority with a lot of these bloggers but only they know the truth.
I think you've summed that up pretty well there Clash. Arseblog did defend TOF for way too long for anyone who claims to have any perspective on the Arsenal. I've never had him down as being a younger fan and if he did experience the brief joys of 'Neil Out' and support that push then he has no excuse for prevaricating over pulling the trigger on TOF. When the time has come for someone to go, then it's time and he was several years too late on TOF.

I know we all feel that things are different now that TOF has gone and as the post above said - you fail you go - and that is certainly truer now following the last managerial departure but that is our take on it not the club's. Whether wiggy is prepared to get shot of Dick half way through the season is anyones guess. There is the argument that while Dick is taking the heat then Sanllehi and Edu have a bit of thinking time to start making plans so why put the pressure back on themselves by going to wiggy about making a new appointment when the guy who was also wiggy's first choice is failing. It's a job to these guys, it's not their life's passion and as long as we are still top 6 then this gets to rumble on for a bit longer.

Midz

Post by Midz »

So, he's been given an ultimatum until January to turn it around.
We all know he isn't gonna do that so we now have to sit back and watch us fail miserably to progress.

Jan 1st sees us host Utd straight after the Chelsea game. With a run of poor results he should be gone by early Jan.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:08 pm
We all know he isn't gonna do that so we now have to sit back and watch us fail miserably to progress.

Jan 1st sees us host Utd straight after the Chelsea game. With a run of poor results he should be gone by early Jan.
Googled this good news and ended up on The Metro site :shock: They refer to a Sun article.

Read the Sun article and the only thing in actual quotes is that he has "100% support".

The Sun then give their view that the support is not unconditional - however absolutely nothing to substantiate that comment.

The Metro then spin the Sun's view and report it as fact.............I fuc.king hate journos who pull that shi.t :x

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Midz wrote:

I don't really see the point of giving him until January. The only reason that I can think of is because there is someone already lined up who isn't available until January.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Good , very good.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

What if Emery is able to turn it around and wins every game until the end of December? Do we still want to get rid of him?
After all he would've been able to turn around the worst run we have been on since the end days of Terry Neill. Would we support him till the end of the season ?

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Midz wrote:

Ahhh...common Sense REIGNS!!!

Metro New Reporter - Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 4:17 pm [NB: Under the Label of GOSSIP!]

Arsenal board give ultimatum to Unai Emery

LINK
https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/12/arsenal- ... -11084985/

December is a TERRIBLY DIFFICULT Month of Quality fixtures in Rapid sucession with the shortest time between games for any part of the season.

Its Judgement Mth!

We could get injuries, so many things could happen, they prolly have already decided like us 'EMERY OUT'

But its to early to bring in a new Manager when we face 4 TOP sides within the space of 1month...December.

Let Emery Face the FIRE, then he may be Fired, Crash or Burn it works out for the club

Because in January

New Year,New Manager, New Players,

TIME to Embed a New System with less Quality Fixture Pile up Fatigue & Pressure

Rather than bringing in a New Manager & Burning him out with the December Fixtures, Emery's DONE,

Let him take the fire & go, OR Fire & let Freddie take over till Jan when the New Manager will come in start fresh in a New Year

To implement a Consistent 1st team, consistent IDENTITY, play players in their natural positions

& we go from there FOWARD!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Terry Neil now theres a man who truly was a fraud ,without Don Howe he could have taken us down.
The good thing though was that the club didn't leak stories to the press in those days and our expectations were so limited. The fun of the away matches ooop norf or by transalpino to Turin were like magical mystery tours .
Ah the good old days when fair was square the buck stopped here and you could still buy something with it . Pay in at the turnstiles what's all ticket games ,never had em at Arsenal........ anyone my age saw the glory of the fairs cup and a double followed by years of shit then 3 cup finals but mediocrity in the league ...and then came George......Overall I've been very lucky ,just think if your my age and have been a spud all those years what utter shit you've been through

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:52 pm
Midz wrote:

Metro New Reporter - Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 4:17 pm [NB: Under the Label of GOSSIP!]

LINK

December is a TERRIBLY DIFFICULT Month of Quality fixtures in Rapid sucession with the shortest time between games for any part of the season.

Its Judgement Mth!

We could get injuries, so many things could happen, they prolly have already decided like us 'EMERY OUT'

But its to early to bring in a new Manager when we face 4 TOP sides within the space of 1month...December.

Let Emery Face the FIRE, then he may be Fired, Crash or Burn it works out for the club

Because in January

Rather than bringing in a New Manager & Burning him out with the December Fixtures, Emery's DONE,

Let him take the fire & go, OR Fire & let Freddie take over till Jan when the New Manager will come in start fresh in a New Year

To implement a Consistent 1st team, consistent IDENTITY, play players in their natural positions

Umm yeah ok. Sure. Why not. :rubchin:

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:52 am
Zanatos3 wrote:
Midz wrote:

LINK

Its Judgement Mth!

Because in January

I just scroll past it. :lol: :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

clummo123 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:13 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:
Midz wrote:

LINK

Its Judgement Mth!

Because in January

:barscarf: :barscarf: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clummo123 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:13 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Zanatos3 wrote:
Midz wrote:

LINK

Its Judgement Mth!

Because in January

:lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

3 to 5 yrs the experts were saying that it is going to take Dick to sort out the shitfest of our glorious club falling into the depths of 5th place in the league

Fast forward 16 months and those experts are now calling for his head :rubchin:

Modern football know it all bollox at its best but at least we are top of the fickle as fuk league :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

herbert wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:42 am
3 to 5 yrs the experts were saying that it is going to take Dick to sort out the shitfest of our glorious club falling into the depths of 5th place in the league

Fast forward 16 months and those experts are now calling for his head :rubchin:

Modern football know it all bollox at its best but at least we are top of the fickle as fuk league :barscarf:
To be fair, as someone who is still prepared to be supportive of Wenger, at least you are not suddenly calling for Emery to be sacked. Unlike certain Dublin based bloggers I could name for instance.