Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:17 pm
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:55 am

How is that by any stretch of the imagination "shockingly harsh"? Have you gone full snowflake buddy? Are we gonna have to set up a Facebook page and a gofundme thing to help you through your trauma here? Or did you just fuck the quoting pooch and meant to respond to Lefty's post rather than mine? :lol: :wink:
Leave me out of it littlin, Augie pm'd me after his post and clarified that it was your post he was whinging about and he'd fucked up his post by including my post because your post was shit, how many posts can you get in one post :? :lol:
Wow you Ewoks have gotten aggressive since they left you out of the last couple of Star Wars movies huh? :shock:

:lol: :wink:
:lol:

What's more amazing is that you can still get that belly in the R2D2 :shock: :lol:
:shock: :lol:

Wait there ankle biter. Belly? No no no not on your tiny tubby little legs are you going with that one! :lol: I'm proper built. Not an ounce of body fat mate. Football training twice a week (and playing) plus two sessions of Cross HIIT training and a KB class each week see to that. Straight up wee man I'm fighting fit and its seriously hard work staying this fit in your late 40s but I fucking love it. :D 8)
:shock:

Was it your twin I met some years back :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:46 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:17 pm
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Leave me out of it littlin, Augie pm'd me after his post and clarified that it was your post he was whinging about and he'd fucked up his post by including my post because your post was shit, how many posts can you get in one post :? :lol:
Wow you Ewoks have gotten aggressive since they left you out of the last couple of Star Wars movies huh? :shock:

:lol: :wink:
:lol:

What's more amazing is that you can still get that belly in the R2D2 :shock: :lol:
:shock: :lol:

Wait there ankle biter. Belly? No no no not on your tiny tubby little legs are you going with that one! :lol: I'm proper built. Not an ounce of body fat mate. Football training twice a week (and playing) plus two sessions of Cross HIIT training and a KB class each week see to that. Straight up wee man I'm fighting fit and its seriously hard work staying this fit in your late 40s but I fucking love it. :D 8)
:shock:

Was it your twin I met some years back :lol:
:lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The fact remains that only the top 2 sides in the league have beaten us by more than a single goal in league matches this year. I didn't see the opening day defeat by City but presume they were good value for it, since when only the Anfield debacle and the second half at City have seen us comprehensively outplayed. In both games our defence has suffered multiple injuries
We're far more competitive in the majority of games than under Shit for Brains and its plain to see

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm not against him and will give him time but there are some worries I have about the new manager's style .
First we don't seem to have any defensive cohesion ,but since he has inherited a shit defense and we have had appalling injury luck ,we need to give him time to change it but.
We cant defend set pieces and we still get sucked into pouring too many forward and getting caught.
Xhaka is shit yet he pays him every week
Playing out from the back in the premiership is just asking for trouble .
He seems to want to dominate the control of possesion which as we all know doesnt work in the fast counter premiership !

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am
I'm not against him and will give him time but there are some worries I have about the new manager's style .
First we don't seem to have any defensive cohesion ,but since he has inherited a shit defense and we have had appalling injury luck ,we need to give him time to change it but.
We cant defend set pieces and we still
get sucked into pouring too many forward and getting caught.
He seems to want to dominate the control of possesion which as we all know doesnt work in the fast counter premiership !
yeah this has been a thing for a while and i Hoped that Emery would change it, we tend to pass the ball sideways for ages slowly moving all of our team up the pitch in some kind of bid to have an extra man, and then iwobi / xhaka or bellerin will give the ball away and two passes later they are 1v1 with one of our center backs, who most times dives in and causes a goal scoring situation or a pen.

For about 10 years or more it seems like two passes gets them and a chance at goal and 25 passes gets us a chance on goal.

Also torriea seems to be far more advanced up the pitch than he used to be when he first signed.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am
We cant defend set pieces and we still get sucked into pouring too many forward and getting caught.
This is the one thing that mystifies me the most with Dick. When we finally turfed out Shit for Brains, I quickly thought about the list of dross that would be the first to be shipped out by the new manager as I truly believed that this great dollop of useless turd must have been Wenger's lovechild or had pictures of him doing shit he wasn't proud of, such was his blind faith in him. Then when he eased Torreira in I thought that would see the demise of the gormless fuckwit, but nope he's still featuring regularly.

He's one of those players - like Cech - where we had such a paucity of quality in that position for a decade or more that people are sooooooo willing him to be mustard that they almost start believing he is, including the manager. A more ponderous plodder I've struggled to find since the days of Hillier, Morrow, Jensen and Selley post GG's lobotomy and yet here he is a regular part of Dick's plans.

Please please please fuck this useless piece of shit off before he concedes another dozen dumbass freekicks and penalties :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Interview with UA

phpBB [video]

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:25 am
Interview with UA

phpBB [video]
Not that there's any prizes for being a nice bloke, but you can't help but like him can you?

I love his outlook on things and really hope once the nucleus of his squad are his own, and not brainwashed by years of Shit for Brains, that they really buy into him

Respect to the guy for his English too - took Podgie years to even attempt an interview in English

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

This time last year we had 45 points from 27 games and were 6 points off the top four having played 1 more game. Wenger had been allowed to spend €60m on one player just over a week before

This year we have 50 points from 26 games and are 1 point off the top four having played the same number of games. Emery has signed one loan player and wasn't allowed to spend a combined transfer budget in his first window anywhere near the level Wenger spent on one player

Still, there hasn't been any progress.....

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:31 am
This time last year we had 45 points from 27 games and were 6 points off the top four having played 1 more game. Wenger had been allowed to spend €60m on one player just over a week before

This year we have 50 points from 26 games and are 1 point off the top four having played the same number of games. Emery has signed one loan player and wasn't allowed to spend a combined transfer budget in his first window anywhere near the level Wenger spent on one player

Yeah but in fairness to TOF he was concentrating on preparing us for that historical record breaking away run of defeats that we embarked on.....that kinda shit just doesn't happen all by itself you know :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Astounds me how many people I’ve seen claiming that we are just as bad or even worse.

Aside from the above and having been frankly decimated with defensive injuries week in week out, we’ve also won more PL away games now than throughout the whole of last season.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Can’t agree that this is in any way a fair way to assess Emerys progress or lack of it as the case may be.
Last season was Wenger’s worst ever and rightly saw him sacked.
If Emery couldn’t improve on that then fuck me I would be calling for him to go asap.
My point is we had been shite for st least the previous 5 years under Wenger, and most agreed his time was up, despite considreable fa cup success
Emerys record thus far doesnt look any better than the other 4 years and is in some cases worse!
What Emery has to work with still includes Wenger’s £60m purchase plus 5 signings of his own!!
I’m still hoping to see some genuine progress, but I don’t see it coming and still believe we will finish worse off or very close in both points and goals conceded than we did last season.
That to me would spell EMERY OUT!

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

That was probably the worst match under Emery's reign so far. :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Another result and performance to add to this clowns growing littany of shite!
Cant blame squad quality for this one!
He’s a fucking numpty and getting worse as the season goes on!
Anyone that honestly thinks this buffoon is the real deal is fucking deluded!
They’ll score in the return leg and I can see this being a close call! either way it matters not a fucking jot as the first decent team we play will turn us over
Emery Out.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:15 pm
Another result and performance to add to this clowns growing littany of shite!
Cant blame squad quality for this one!
He’s a fucking numpty and getting worse as the season goes on!
Anyone that honestly thinks this buffoon is the real deal is fucking deluded!
They’ll score in the return leg and I can see this being a close call! either way it matters not a fucking jot as the first decent team we play will turn us over
Emery Out.
He can't be defended tonight Sid, and I'm not going to attempt to. I've posted my thoughts on the match thread and I hold him solely responsible for that shambles tonight. If we fail to overturn a 1-0 deficit against that lot even with 11 stiffs it would be shameful

Not going to resort to calling him a numpty and a buffoon as he has done little in my mind to warrant that. However, five of his picks tonight were unforgiveable. Wenger made mistakes in his early days too - if you win more than you lose and learn from them, we will always forgive that. If he does a Wenger and does the same thing repeatedly then I'll be the first to say you were right, but would prefer to give him this season and next to find out. Wenger was a fucktard for a decade and left us right in the shit - surely someone deserves a bit longer to turn that round?