Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Almunia is a clown

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Whatever manager & coaching personnel take charge of the current playing squad / youth development program, the fact remains, the club has wasted massive amounts of cash buying & playing overpriced sub standard players over the last decade. :banghead: :banghead:

Certainly in comparison all the other top clubs who seem to have got better value for their wage & transfer budgets, for fúcks sake the swamp dwelling vermin have a much smaller wage bill & Liverpool's wage & transfer spending is comparable to Arsenal's over recent years. :barscarf:

For many season's we all knew this was the case whilst Wenger tried to say constant shite, like calling the squad the best he had ever had / could win the league next season ect. What was even worse the Wenger cult defended the crazy outburst of their mad professor & believed every word he said! :roll:

These players need time said the OGL, , turned out most of them were wasters who were allowed to totally take the piss out of the fans & club, whilst others players saw right through the shitstorm & wanted out yet they were called traitors, :cussing: How dare they challenge the cult of the Dear Leader! :box:

How the fúck does Emery or any other potential manager sort out this crap, without any sufficient transfer budget? Plus overhaul a massive squad of underachieving players who are happy do the bare minimum / or are not capable of performing to the standard required of their transfer fees & wages?

Who exactly is going to buy this all this shite, obviously no one would even touch Ozil without getting a free transfer deal because of his obscene wages. :censored:

No wonder that lizard Gazidis done a jib to Juventus, he saw all this coming :shock:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I thought he looked a forlorn figure against Bate,
As someone else on here suggested, he might well have lost the dressing room, whether that’s down to the Ozil situation or the players simply losing faith in his coaching and tactics is anybody’s guess!
If this is the case and it continues to the end of the season, then I think he will be sacked.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:20 pm

No wonder that lizard Gazidis done a jib to Juventus, he saw all this coming :shock:
In fairness to Juventus, the slimey fucker is at AC Milan courtesy of his mate......another club clutching to past glories. Juventus wouldn't touch that piece of shit with the proverbial barge pole.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Still have a significant degree of patience with him.

Everybody is starting sentences with “I know he had a tough job but...” - respectfully I think a lot of people are just saying this words without appreciating it.

We were a complete fucking disgrace last season - 63 points, 4 away wins and would have been even worse this year. Our defence has been awful for ages - both personnel-wise and just defensive ability - and Cech, Mustafi and Xhaka (DM) have been playing week in week out for years. Then this year we can’t even finish the game with the same side we started (never mind start the same team consistently) because of injuries - Holding, Koscielny and Bellerin have all had long term injuries this season, Monreal and Sokratis have both missed chunks. Hardly conducive to the huge task of turning around a decade’s worth of shit.

We have played shit slow insipid football for years and have relied on Sanchez scoring a goal every other game and even last season Aubameyang banging them in second half of the season to even scrape above the likes of Burnley. We would be better off without Ozil in the squad as wherever you put the blame then it’s clear that by the end of the summer he is fed up at Arsenal and pissed off at football and the world. His wages are a massive massive problem with disharmony and signing players, and the Ramsey contract situation is just the latest debacle.

I think he’s done very well in the transfer market, we have shown in big games at home that we are capable of looking like a side who can stand up to the better sides around like Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. We’ve shown a bit more fight and a bit less panic, and will end the season probably 7-8 points better off than last year (rather than probably a few points worse off if Wenger had been here).

He hasn’t done enough on the defence, despite the extreme mitigating circumstances of what he hasinherited and injuries. Continuing to pick Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Xhaka and Cech at all is unjustifiable.

I’m not giving him complete blind faith but a huge number of people talking about how long it would take to scour Wenger’s philosophy from every book and cranny seem to have towed back on that significantly.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:15 pm
Still have a significant degree of patience with him.

Everybody is starting sentences with “I know he had a tough job but...” - respectfully I think a lot of people are just saying this words without appreciating it.

We were a complete fucking disgrace last season - 63 points, 4 away wins and would have been even worse this year. Our defence has been awful for ages - both personnel-wise and just defensive ability - and Cech, Mustafi and Xhaka (DM) have been playing week in week out for years. Then this year we can’t even finish the game with the same side we started (never mind start the same team consistently) because of injuries - Holding, Koscielny and Bellerin have all had long term injuries this season, Monreal and Sokratis have both missed chunks. Hardly conducive to the huge task of turning around a decade’s worth of shit.

We have played shit slow insipid football for years and have relied on Sanchez scoring a goal every other game and even last season Aubameyang banging them in second half of the season to even scrape above the likes of Burnley. We would be better off without Ozil in the squad as wherever you put the blame then it’s clear that by the end of the summer he is fed up at Arsenal and pissed off at football and the world. His wages are a massive massive problem with disharmony and signing players, and the Ramsey contract situation is just the latest debacle.

I think he’s done very well in the transfer market, we have shown in big games at home that we are capable of looking like a side who can stand up to the better sides around like Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. We’ve shown a bit more fight and a bit less panic, and will end the season probably 7-8 points better off than last year (rather than probably a few points worse off if Wenger had been here).

He hasn’t done enough on the defence, despite the extreme mitigating circumstances of what he hasinherited and injuries. Continuing to pick Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Xhaka and Cech at all is unjustifiable.

I’m not giving him complete blind faith but a huge number of people talking about how long it would take to scour Wenger’s philosophy from every book and cranny seem to have towed back on that significantly.
I agree with a lot of what you have posted.

No doubt we were never going to bounce back to be challengers with this squad whoever took charge,Pep Guardiola would imo not be able to get more than Emery has out of this squad in terms of league position,frankly we are average and with 12 games left we still have a chance of making the top 4.

January and the lack of activity certainly didn't help either,loan signings only,farcical.

Injuries withstanding I think the frustration has stemmed from justifiably seeing the early shoots of recovery stalling in terms of performance and direction.The early part of the season we had the unbeaten run,some fortunate results for sure but there did look to be more resilience in the side,especially away from home where we all know we have been an easy touch for many seasons.

The recent performances have been very poor fortunately I didn't see Thursday nights debacle and have been told it was beyond bad,I watched the Huddersfield game and Cardiff before that and apart from the wins the reality we struggled to beat either and that was worrying to see.The away performances especially have been disjointed and however you dress it up the constant formation changes have baffled me along with the slow starts to almost every game.

If we go out on Thursday the rest of the season consist's of an outside imo chance of top 4 and a summer where if we don't make some decent signings it really won't matter who is coaching or managing the team because players like Mustafi,Xhaka,Iwobi let alone some of the squad players are simply well below the quality required.

If we haven't got an owner who will invest which he won't,if we have obviously players that have let us down time and again,making the same mistakes again and again why not play young guys like Mavrapanos instead of players like Mustafi because I for one would rather find out if some of the younger ones can step up.

I would not of loaned ESR he would at least be used as a regular sub and next season again give guys like Nelson minutes in the first team because I would rather have a go with potential than those that have been and failed us time and again.

Herd

Post by Herd »

There's no doubt that Ozil is trying to lead a players revolt and our pampered Pussycat brigade are dumb enough to buy into it.
Hence we need to isolate Ozil and carry on.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Fahmy shook his head over and over again, Vekatesham slumped in his chair while an ashen-faced Sanllehi soon headed for the exit. This was not the result anyone had been expecting.

The vision that has been set out from the top brass has been clear. Champions League football is a must and winning the Europa League is arguably Arsenal’s best route back into Europe’s elite competition.

Written by an Arsenal correspondent for Football.London ,Thurs night

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'm fully behind Emery and I'm going to be patient while we navigate through our first season without Wenger. There was always going to be a rocky transition period after he left; however, and I feel a lot of the cult seem to forget this, Wenger left us in the shit. Any manager following on from Wenger was going to have to clean up a mess that we saw get worse and worse over the years.

Emery has been given a small budget to build around the mediocre players in the squad that were part of the problem last season and are now proving to be part of the problem this season too. Quite frankly, the players he has signed (sans Suarez as I haven't seen much of him at all to evaluate him yet) have proven to all be a step up from the players already here in their position, possibly with the exception of Guendouzi, but at this moment in time it is still painting over the very deep cracks that the previous manager caused when signing players who are simply shite.

There have been times this season that we look like a genuine force in the making. Spurs in the league, Liverpool at home, Chelsea at home, and arguably walking away from OT with a point too, also stand as evidence we can go toe-to-toe in big games again. It's going to take time to get to a stage in which we can confidently say that we are back, and it's going to take time for the manager after Wenger to implement his own mark on the team and get us playing the way he wants to with the players who are capable of doing it well.

With that being said, Emery is not without fault. I would have hoped to see more of an identity in his Arsenal team by now. With that being said, I think it's clear that Emery is so worried about our defence that we are setting up really conservatively, particularly away from home, that it's strangling our attacking threat and creativity.

I would give him until the end of next season before even considering replacing him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Anybody saying champions league is a must is on cloud cuckoo land.

It is a minor miracle that we are right in the mix for too 4, both through Chelsea and United playing at 70% of potential and us nicking more points than we’ve really warranted.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Usually, Arsenal back the manager and in all fairness to emery, Ozil is the only player who seems disgruntled with the new coach. Any attempts ozil may try to influence other players against emery will fall away quickly.
Also, I don't believe Arsenal would risk the cash loss of compensation pay out to another manager, having just paid £19.7m to wenger and co. That's half the transfer budget gone.
The Arsenal players reverted to type by playing to the level of the opposition and conditions in that second half.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:51 am
Usually, Arsenal back the manager and in all fairness to emery, Ozil is the only player who seems disgruntled with the new coach. Any attempts ozil may try to influence other players against emery will fall away quickly.
Also, I don't believe Arsenal would risk the cash loss of compensation pay out to another manager, having just paid £19.7m to wenger and co. That's half the transfer budget gone.
The Arsenal players reverted to type by playing to the level of the opposition and conditions in that second half.
So nothing of what is going on can be attributed to Emery? FFS he is the manager and if the players as you put it “reverted to type” then that’s down to their “ not having an ounce of respect for Emery or the club”
So whilst not “disgruntled” they are not on his side nor buying into any pholosophy however obscure that he may be trying to introduce.
We have a thread on this forum “lets all laugh at man utd”
Well Solskjaer has come in and completely turned them around ! Ok they lost to PSG, but I’m sure any level headed manc will recognise that was down to psg’s vastly superior squad
They are moving in the right direction whereas we are arguably in reverse and if this was going on at any of our rivals we would be pissing ourselves.
Emery aint up to the task!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:47 pm
Nos89 wrote:
So nothing of what is going on can be attributed to Emery? FFS he is the manager and if the players as you put it “reverted to type” then that’s down to their “ not having an ounce of respect for Emery or the club”
So whilst not “disgruntled” they are not on his side nor buying into any pholosophy however obscure that he may be trying to introduce.
Well Solskjaer has come in and completely turned them around ! Ok they lost to PSG, but I’m sure any level headed manc will recognise that was down to psg’s vastly superior squad
They are moving in the right direction whereas we are arguably in reverse and if this was going on at any of our rivals we would be pissing ourselves.
I posted this on the masterBATE thread but it works here too..... :wink:

You can add me to the list of EKBs too because to be honest if you are calling for his head after half a season with the absolute horror show he inherited then (and no offence intended buddy) you are either on the WUM or desperate to be able to point back at these posts if it does go proper tits up in a year or two and say "I told you so". Maybe I'm wrong in that but I just cannot see how anyone can want him gone before he's had a chance to prove himself.

The man has got to be given at least 2 full seasons to try sort out our mess of a team - especially given the fucked up transfer situation.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. I love Dick. :D

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:47 pm
Nos89 wrote:

I love the way that Norwegian tart is being held up as an example of great managerial turnaround ……… has he gone 22 games unbeaten like dick did ? Where is the respect due to dick if you are willing to give kudo's to solskjaer ? Of course we all heard the snipers pointing out how our 22 game unbeaten run was against shit teams, but solskjaer's is almost entirely made up of victories against the likes of Huddersfield, Cardiff etc :roll: In our 22 game unbeaten run we played manure away and the victims at home and lost neither - they only 2 tough fixtures they had was against the scum and psg and they only beat the scum cos of their keeper having a great/lucky game and a psg side missing two of their top 3 players give them a footballing lesson :roll: :oops: :oops: I should also point out that this was a manure squad that had £400m worth of players brought into the club by the previous portugese c.unt manager

You dont rate dick and that is fine (although very premature imo), but ffs stop holding up solskjaer as an example of how a manager should perform cos he certainly doesnt warrant it

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Dick out :shock: :wink: