Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Unai Emery

Post by augie »

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

So Solsjaer had to come and work with a broken side?? And Emery? Emery had to come in and work with the utter gash left to him by Wenger.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:52 pm
So Solsjaer had to come and work with a broken side?? And Emery? Emery had to come in and work with the utter gash left to him by Wenger.

And that "broken side" included £400m worth of signings, and that doesn't include the likes of de gea, rashford or martial who were there before moaninho :roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:52 pm
Didn’t they finish 2nd last season ? :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is a Very Good interview.

phpBB [video]

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Dick out

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:38 am
This is a Very Good interview.

phpBB [video]
Very good video, you just gotta love him :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:50 pm
Dick out
That's Rodders' motto! :lol: :wink:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'm not going to make a full judgement on Emery until the end of next season but it's rather pathetic to see the wankathon over him every time we have had a decent result this season, when we all know that embarrassing results like yesterday are right around the corner. If our away form stays as it is, and we shit the bed over 2 legs against Napoli, then we will finsh the season 5th/6th and empty handed, while only having 5 away wins all season - against relegation threatened sides(or relegated sides in Huddersfield and Fulham's case). Maybe with the entire summer to change things, he might get it right but at the moment he is helping us to stand still at best.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:00 pm
I'm not going to make a full judgement on Emery until the end of next season but it's rather pathetic to see the wankathon over him every time we have had a decent result this season, when we all know that embarrassing results like yesterday are right around the corner. If our away form stays as it is, and we shit the bed over 2 legs against Napoli, then we will finsh the season 5th/6th and empty handed, while only having 5 away wins all season - against relegation threatened sides(or relegated sides in Huddersfield and Fulham's case). Maybe with the entire summer to change things, he might get it right but at the moment he is helping us to stand still at best.
I am not sure where the wankathon is, but it isn't on this forum. I don't see that he has helping us to stand still at best. That is really harsh. He is level on points with 6 games remaining to Wengers total last season and in the Quarter Finals of Europa. At best he qualifies for the CL one way or the other. When you look at his performance, you have to take into consideration that he lost a 1st choice right back and 1st choice centre-back and a good squad player (Welbeck) for the season. The Everton result was disappointing, but when you have Elneny and Dozi as your midfield two, it's going to difficult to control the midfield.

In my opinion, it is a miracle given the circumstances regarding injuries along with many in the squad requiring moving on that we are in with a shout of 4th. At best, we qualify via the League for 4th, in my opinion.

Away form isn't great, however. I hope that Spuds would be the blueprint and that Everton was because of the injuries.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:04 am
Dick out
:lol:

I think you'll find he's trademarked it :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:04 am
Dick out
:lol:

I think you'll find he's trademarked it :lol:
:lol: :lol:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

begeegs wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:44 pm
BFG4 wrote:
I am not sure where the wankathon is, but it isn't on this forum. I don't see that he has helping us to stand still at best. That is really harsh. He is level on points with 6 games remaining to Wengers total last season and in the Quarter Finals of Europa. At best he qualifies for the CL one way or the other. When you look at his performance, you have to take into consideration that he lost a 1st choice right back and 1st choice centre-back and a good squad player (Welbeck) for the season. The Everton result was disappointing, but when you have Elneny and Dozi as your midfield two, it's going to difficult to control the midfield.

In my opinion, it is a miracle given the circumstances regarding injuries along with many in the squad requiring moving on that we are in with a shout of 4th. At best, we qualify via the League for 4th, in my opinion.

Away form isn't great, however. I hope that Spuds would be the blueprint and that Everton was because of the injuries.
I'm referring to fans on social media, who because of their hatred of Wenger - feel the need to overhype Emery. I despise Wenger but il judge Emery on what i see, rather than being right because i wanted Wenger gone. As for the points total, it is irrelevant as league position is what matters and if we keep shitting ourselves away from home, we will end up 6th. I hope you are right about us qualifying for the CL, one way or another - but it's unlikely we beat Napoli and we have Watford away sandwiched between that, so nailed on defeat there.

augie

Post by augie »

begeegs wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:44 pm
BFG4 wrote:

I agree with most of this - our points tally and our performances against some of our rivals (manure, the scum and the chavs) has improved hugely, so to suggest otherwise is nonsense. I understand why BFG4 would argue that ultimately league position is all that matters and to a certain extent he is right, but to judge him and the team solely on that is unfair because nobody expected his to make top 4 at the start of this season anyway.

Our away form is absolutely shambolic and there is no getting away from that. Last week I disagreed big time with lefty (and still do) with the suggestion that emery has the same mentality/preparation for away games as wenger, and I argued that if anything he changes TOO MUCH from week to week - I have seen/heard a good few comments since Sunday's game (rightly) slating dick's formation and team selection, and questioned the negative mindset that we went with, and I think that bears out what I have said about dick trying to come across too smart and flexible for our own good. We were playing well recently and have had no game for 6 days, so why make those changes ? Why play one of the most useless c.unts in the whole league (that's you elninny btw :roll: ) ? Dick got a lot of decisions wrong on Sunday and is rightly criticised for them, and he has to take some responsibility for our shambolic away results this season, but to get us into this position with the lack of quality players he has to work with, and the injuries he has been dealt too, also deserve some credit - BFG4 (and a few others) would argue that he is getting too much credit, whilst I believe he is getting fcuk all credit from some fans, so maybe it should be somewhere in the middle