Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:37 pm
I got the feeling from Emery's post match interview that he is under a bit of pressure. Maybe finally, the board is managing their manager.

The team does take after the manager full of passion but lacking in a bit of composure. Post match he was speaking at 100mph, which makes his English sound worse than it is. He either needs to calm down before giving an interview or let someone else talk for him, i.e. Freddie.

Cellabos would've been lost in that first half so it was better he came on. Pepe will get there so give him time, both DB10 and TH14 took 7 games to get their first goals. Xhaka's display isn't the managers fault but how much longer will it be before he drops him?
I said before the start of the season he's got until Christmas and if we're not comfortably in the top 4 he's gonna get moved on. We showed last season we are a top 4 team.

He's definitley got a system that doesn't work until the second half. Remember last season during the 22 match unbeaten run, we were only ahead at half time twice. We'll do better than last season but fall short of winning the league.

About time! - If he does a good job (top 4 AND a Trophy) fine, if he doesn't then fuck him off . 8)

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:26 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:37 pm
I got the feeling from Emery's post match interview that he is under a bit of pressure. Maybe finally, the board is managing their manager.

The team does take after the manager full of passion but lacking in a bit of composure. Post match he was speaking at 100mph, which makes his English sound worse than it is. He either needs to calm down before giving an interview or let someone else talk for him, i.e. Freddie.

Cellabos would've been lost in that first half so it was better he came on. Pepe will get there so give him time, both DB10 and TH14 took 7 games to get their first goals. Xhaka's display isn't the managers fault but how much longer will it be before he drops him?
I said before the start of the season he's got until Christmas and if we're not comfortably in the top 4 he's gonna get moved on. We showed last season we are a top 4 team.

He's definitley got a system that doesn't work until the second half. Remember last season during the 22 match unbeaten run, we were only ahead at half time twice. We'll do better than last season but fall short of winning the league.

About time! - If he does a good job (top 4 AND a Trophy) fine, if he doesn't then fuck him off . 8)
Whatever happens we'll never have to wait for another 22 years before the club will do something .

John F

Post by John F »

Dick is well known for boring the pants off his players by playing endless videos of how they can improve their game.Has he not learnt from watching videos on how his past teams defended and now how Arsenal defend ,perhaps he watches endless runs of the well known defensive video Debbie does Dallas instead which would explain how the defence continues to not pick up the opposition players near the box until they are down their throats and nodding one in.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

John F wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:50 pm
Dick is well known for boring the pants off his players by playing endless videos of how they can improve their game.Has he not learnt from watching videos on how his past teams defended and now how Arsenal defend ,perhaps he watches endless runs of the well known defensive video Debbie does Dallas instead which would explain how the defence continues to not pick up the opposition players near the box until they are down their throats and nodding one in.
He has had a full season to watch videos back of Xhaka and still thinks he should start, so his video analysis must be piss poor.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:14 am
John F wrote:
He has had a full season to watch videos back of Xhaka and still thinks he should start, so his video analysis must be piss poor.
Does he use Betamax or VHS ??? :? :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

BFG4 wrote:
John F wrote:
I think all on here agree that xhaka is a useless idiot bastard who should not be seen in an Arsenal team??
Emery however sees him not only in his team, but as his captain, his leader, his inspiration to those around him, the player to lead by example!!
This in my book makes Emery a useless idiot bastard!! End of!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:04 am
BFG4 wrote:
John F wrote:
I think all on here agree that xhaka is a useless idiot bastard who should not be seen in an Arsenal team??
Emery however sees him not only in his team, but as his captain, his leader, his inspiration to those around him, the player to lead by example!!
This in my book makes Emery a useless idiot bastard!! End of!!

Ohhhh! Come On Sid, will you stop holding back and tell us what you really think!

:D :wink:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I think he picks him as we don't have any 6ft plus midfeilders that can head a ball, I think chambers may play there when fit, if not he needs to go back into the market in Jan and get a phyiscal screen to play in the center when needed.

Xhaka provides a false sense of security, the scum were there for taking we gifted them both goals and still nearly won the game, if emery does not look at his performance and realise that he is a penalty / redcard / goalscoring free kick waiting to happen, then I too question his ablity to understand the game he is watching. He has all the awareness of a youth player, so why not even play a young player there, at least they have a chance to improve.

Xhaka is not going to grow up, he is one of those brain dead players, and always will be, its like Walcott he was never gonna get any better, and if anything is worse because he has lost some pace. the thing is now that ozil and mhikatarian and iwobi are no longer getting game time, he is gonna get the full abuse, there is nobody in the team right now that is going to take flack ahead of him. if he keeps playing it will get to the level when he is booed onto the pitch .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The general consensus appears to be that Emery is clueless and doesn't know what he's doing.
Looking back at the season so far it seems to me that he is being too tactical. He certainly knows how to drill his team and get them passionate about playing but I think he needs to ease back a little on the tactical side of things.
Cellabos is an intelligent player as is Lacazette and Luiz, thay can read the game, and they should be given more freedom to play the game, rather than be directed from the sidelines.
Whoever suggested Lacazette should be the club captain I fully agree with that.

augie

Post by augie »

John F wrote:

There are a lot of things that dick is rightly getting hammered for in the past week and a half, but ffs that cant be one of them. Are our poor little diddum players pissed off cos they are being forced to do tactical preperations when they could be at home on their Xboxes/playstations ? Would they prefer to be at home polishing and driving their many sports cars as if they are some kind of penis extension ? Maybe they feel that the world would be better served with them posting more brainless and arrogant shit on social media ?

Fcuk those players and their boredom - if they were working a 40 hour week job and earning .5% of what they are now earning, then they can come back and complain, but otherwise just shut the fcuk up and be willing to put in the necessary time to make you and your team much better :evil: :censored: :cussing: :cussing:

I'm a big nfl fan as many of you know, and if our footie players had to put in 10% of the time that nfl players put in doing video analysis, they would do some complaining :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:32 pm
John F wrote:

There are a lot of things that dick is rightly getting hammered for in the past week and a half, but ffs that cant be one of them. Are our poor little diddum players pissed off cos they are being forced to do tactical preperations when they could be at home on their Xboxes/playstations ? Would they prefer to be at home polishing and driving their many sports cars as if they are some kind of penis extension ? Maybe they feel that the world would be better served with them posting more brainless and arrogant shit on social media ?

Fcuk those players and their boredom - if they were working a 40 hour week job and earning .5% of what they are now earning, then they can come back and complain, but otherwise just shut the fcuk up and be willing to put in the necessary time to make you and your team much better :evil: :censored: :cussing: :cussing:

I'm a big nfl fan as many of you know, and if our footie players had to put in 10% of the time that nfl players put in doing video analysis, they would do some complaining :roll:
Yeah but then the game would be fucking boring and tedious as hell. :roll:

:D :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

John F wrote:
He probably does watch endless runs of Debbie does dallas which explains why he never sees the action until the ball is landed in the back of the net, by which time its too late and leaves everyone a bit dissatisfied because nobody sees it coming.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I'm still keeping the faith... Deffo made someprogress sinced he joined us. He just needs to get rid of one or two more players and things are looking up . I've been impressed with the new signings, apart from David Luiz who is a bad buy for us. Some of the youngesters when given their chance have looked good. We deffo need to improve at CB still.

Leno, Bellerin, Tierney, Sokratis, Holding, Torreira, Guendouzi, Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Ceballos

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Barring a calamitous fall down the table between now and the end of the season he's not going anywhere. So like the great man said...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:32 pm
I'm a big nfl fan as many of you know,
How bout them Bears? :cry: