Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Unai Emery

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:59 am
Allegri and Ancellotti already being linked....they were 1 and 2 on the Rodders wish list when Wanka got the bullet so fingers crossed 8)

(Tuchel was 3 - don't tell SteveO)

:wink:
Remember these times Rodders? Linked with Ancelotti and Allegri - winners of trophies a plenty?

Fuck me, as much as Tuchel most be the most overrated imposter trying to dine at that top table, I'd rather have had him

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wonder what Dick would have made of today? 35 games gone last season and everyone crying about losing to Palace but still hoping to qualify for the CL on both scores

Where’s the hope value now?

If this fella does anything like it next year I’ll bake my own hat before eating it with chips and all the trimmings

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Officially appointed Villareal manager and I for one wish him all the very best !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:37 pm
Officially appointed Villareal manager and I for one wish him all the very best !
Despite your ever more elaborate conspiracy theories about Dick and everyone on here :wink: I think you'll find most of us would wish him well mate.

He was a very likeable character, always looked well dressed unlike the hipsters Pep and Arteta, seemed a very decent and genuine guy, and early in his time with us looked like he might do well.

I'm still disappointed it ended like it did for him but it had to end. Sad but true.

I wish him every success - but obviously never at Arsenal's expense. 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Good luck to him, although it didn't work out here i hope he can do great things for Villareal and his philosophy will work for him along with his new players :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:33 pm
Wonder what Dick would have made of today? 35 games gone last season and everyone crying about losing to Palace but still hoping to qualify for the CL on both scores

Where’s the hope value now?

If this fella does anything like it next year I’ll bake my own hat before eating it with chips and all the trimmings
Get over it FFS :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Best of luck Unai, the Beliebers on here will keep your memory alive forever :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:54 pm
Best of luck Unai, the Beliebers on here will keep your memory alive forever :barscarf:
I can just see them of an ebening, reminiscing ober the glory days under Unai :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:00 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:54 pm
I can just see them of an ebening, reminiscing ober the glory days under Unai :lol:
Lol - keep tugging yourself off into your Arteta duvet cover! You never know......the ultimate wet dream of finishing above Burnley and Sheffield United might still happen for you :D :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Do not adjust your sets, this is not a drill. I repeat THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Thank god we've moved on for the better since those times eh?

37 games played......10th.

I wish the last few league games had only been a drill !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Jesus Christ rodders a warning at least please! You've fucking triggered me now! :shock: :cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Allegri and Ancellotti already being linked....they were 1 and 2 on the Rodders wish list when Wanka got the bullet so fingers crossed 8)

Remember these times Rodders? Linked with Ancelotti and Allegri - winners of trophies a plenty?

Fuck me, as much as Tuchel most be the most overrated imposter trying to dine at that top table, I'd rather have had him
Never saw this post at the time mon ami.

Allegri remains my first choice, would have loved him to have gotten the job. I’d hire him in the morning, wonder what his plan is?

Have been fairly underwhelmed with Ancelotti at Everton I must say, they’ve been fucking dire to watch and he’s been giving game time to both Iwobi and Feo :shock:

I know you love Tuchel deep down but he will be at a massive disadvantage when the CL resumes coming up against teams who’ve been playing competitive football for the last 6 weeks while PSG haven’t had a game since March. They’ll probably give him the bullet when it goes tits up regardless.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:37 pm
Me too! :barscarf:

Sadly for him, he won’t get to manage Santi Cazorla :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:29 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Never saw this post at the time mon ami.

Allegri remains my first choice, would have loved him to have gotten the job. I’d hire him in the morning, wonder what his plan is?

Have been fairly underwhelmed with Ancelotti at Everton I must say, they’ve been fucking dire to watch and he’s been giving game time to both Iwobi and Feo :shock:

I know you love Tuchel deep down but he will be at a massive disadvantage when the CL resumes coming up against teams who’ve been playing competitive football for the last 6 weeks while PSG haven’t had a game since March. They’ll probably give him the bullet when it goes tits up regardless.
I'd rather give Arteta a 5 year deal than take Tuchel for a day :D