Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by OneBardGooner »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: UNAI EMERY'S RED ARMY :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I loved the pictures towards the end when he was stroking his chin like an evil genius :rubchin: :D :D :D :D

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

His desire and passion today were palpable.

He was manic until we were 4-2 up and then he sat there in shock.

He was like that for about five minutes and then he was straight back at it, as he will be tomorrow- you'll notice he didn't take the pitch today, he shook pochytiny's hand and went straight down the tunnel.

I think what happened in those five minutes was that he realized what he can do with this club, with the fight, the heart, the skill and hard work that these players showed today.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:19 pm
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: UNAI EMERY'S RED ARMY :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Well put mate, well put 👍🏻

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:22 pm
His desire and passion today were palpable.

He was manic until we were 4-2 up and then he sat there in shock.

He was like that for about five minutes and then he was straight back at it, as he will be tomorrow- you'll notice he didn't take the pitch today, he shook pochytiny's hand and went straight down the tunnel.

I think what happened in those five minutes was that he realized what he can do with this club, with the fight, the heart, the skill and hard work that these players showed today.

:barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:23 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:19 pm
Well put mate, well put 👍🏻
:high5:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

When asked if this was his best day at Arsenal he responded:

'The best day was the day I signed here'.

Post by 1989 »

Tactically, there's very few that match him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

1989 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:17 pm
That stood out today. Other than when we beat them at home last year, we were outplayed by spurs every game Wenger came up against Pochettino for the past few seasons.

Today we out-thought and out-fought them. We pressed them hard in the right areas, took the correct calculated gambles and by and large made a lot of clever fouls when Kane had his back to goal a long way away from goal. The bold change at half time was a masterstroke.

shu

Post by shu »

Brilliant can’t to see what he says , big game weds against a team we struggle against .

Post by 1989 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:21 pm
1989 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:17 pm
That stood out today. Other than when we beat them at home last year, we were outplayed by spurs every game Wenger came up against Pochettino for the past few seasons.

Today we out-thought and out-fought them. We pressed them hard in the right areas, took the correct calculated gambles and by and large made a lot of clever fouls when Kane had his back to goal a long way away from goal. The bold change at half time was a masterstroke.
We actually have a manager with a gameplan. Ahh, it feels so fucking good.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Not much more needs to be said.

I fucking love this bloke

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

The man's the real deal for sure.

Not bothered by reputations and willing to make changes when things need to be changed. None of this waiting until the 70th minute bollocks that Wenger adhered too. It was a revelation to see two substitutions made at half time for tactical reasons yesterday.

But it's the way he's motivated the players and galvanized the fans that impresses me most. The atmosphere around the club has been toxic in the past but not now and that change hasn't happened by chance. Emery actively encouraging players and fans is a refreshing change from watching the fourth official being berated by Wenger. He seems to have a backroom team that are motivated as well (apart from Bouldy that is who continues to sit there chewing away).

It's still early days but the man clearly knows what he's doing and what he expects from the players. The next couple of transfer windows should be interesting as well.

I'm well happy with how things are progressing and like so many others on here i'm enjoying watching my team again.

General

Post by General »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 am
Aaaaanyhooo!

If people cannot see the logic and sense in being patient with Unai Emery - Then they may as well go support the scum.

It took 10 years for wenger to create and bring amazing success - THEN 12 years to totally "Destroy" all that and take the club and it's fans to the lowest ebb in at least the last 54yrs.

I and I'm sure many other Gooners have begun to enjoy watching Arsenal FC again. That awful haunting Gut Ache of hopelessness is GONE!

Yes, there are many wrinkles to be ironed out and many changes still to be made, also many, many, many old ugly negative habits left over from wengercunt to be eradicated from the Spirit, Memory and Nightmares of the players and many, many Gooners...

So FFS!

Give Him Time! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:rubchin:

"Peace Out!" :D
I'm an Arsenal supporter if i think the managers getting it wrong i'll say so, if he is getting it right i'll say so, thats the benefit of being a supporter and bollocks to any *word censored* who says otherwise..... Wenger was given way too much time by way too many people in the hopes he might eventually pull it out the bag, he didn't. We have a new manager but it doesn't mean he gets a free pass just because numbnuts has gone.

We are THE Arsenal its time fans started remembering that once more and didn't accept small improvements just because it is different management running things, have we become so whipped, so run down and disconsolate by the legacy of the old Master that we'll accept any horseshit just because it isn't Wenger :roll:

I said benefit of the doubt and i continue to give it but as far as i can see he is still making a lot of the same mistakes 20 games in as he was making in the first few games, it has improved but that doesn't excuse him repeating the same mistakes. If people want to blindly ignore it that's not my problem.

He is learning but he is also repeating mistakes, its stupid to praise him for improvements and ignore the mistakes :rubchin:

He gets at least 2years to fix the mess the big French vagina left behind.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wenger = vagin français. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: