Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Jock Gooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:00 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:51 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:17 pm
Pleased if it comes to pass, PSG was not a barometer. Domestically no challenge means its tough in Europe when you do face decent sides, as such i'm not going to hold PSG time against him.

No hes not a top top tier manager/name, but we are not currently going to get one of them...and lets not forget PSG, who are now one of the biggest in Europe trusted him. hes definitely in the 2nd tier of top managers, has good experience and record in Spain. infinitely better choice than the simply mental one of arteta. of the others rumored, id have emery over all bar allegri, conte and ancellotti, rather have emery than pv4.

just had a look at Ornsteins twittter tweet, and what i don't get is all the mouth breathers unhappy about this that we're not getting arteta (hopefully as its not confirmed). these folks truly are the pricks who have facilitated years of wenger and see no wrong in a weak captain of his with 0 qualifications or attributes for the job, being appointed. i hate those 'fans' with a passion.
For the life of me I can't understand whatsofuckingever. There are actually people legitimately disappointed we're getting a manager with actual experience over a glorified iPad merchant in Arteta. The likes of John Cross and Le Grove are completely slating the board for this.

:banghead:
Utter cretins. I can only hope that now the slate is being wiped clean and all traces of Wenger hopefully being removed, they fuck off and leave us to support The Arsenal and the new man.
just had a look at john cross twitter. what a complete and utter *word censored*. the defintion of the word should be his mug shot in the OED, complete spacktard. seriously the cult of wenger. was john cross an arsenal man before wenger does anyone know? what a utter prick. like to smash his face in tbh.

Like a lot of journalists I suspect Cross wasn't even a football man until he got the sack from doing the mirror's horoscopes and was put on the sports desk. 3 years later and he's a lifetime Arsenal fan....lucky us. If this appointment sees the likes of him and the AKBs fuck off then I for one am delighted. And feel free to smash his face in :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery is a coach first and foremost. He adapts to teams and his players. He's thorough/meticulous which by the way has been missing at AFC for a while. He'll add structure/purpose, players will learn of their obligations and responsibilities, will have 2 come out of comfort zone https://t.co/XqLFFXphfe

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: There's Only ONE Unai Emery! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

One Unai Emery! :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Oooohh Unai you are awful but I like you!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

AND!!!!

he knows how to do up a fuckinn Zip! :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Block93 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:01 pm
My 250-1 on an Allardyce/Pardew ‘dream team’ is now looking decidedly iffy...

☹️
That's because such a pairing would be VERY Iffy! :D :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Hmm the more AKBs and Mouthbreathers who are against this the better i feel for some reason, is that a bit facetious of me? :rubchin:

Well i know its not the appointment most of us wanted but with the rumours flying about in the last week i feel we might have come out slightly on top in this situation and as said above it'll make the start to the new season interesting for a change. If im honest i really dont expect miracles next season but it will be nice to hoepfully see something a bit different and unpredictable :barscarf:

MrT

Post by MrT »

According to PSG fans, they played their best football under him but suffered due to weak, pampered and mentally fragile players.

Will fit right in with our sorry bunch. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery does all his own video analysis and, during his time at Valencia, gave players USB sticks to watch tactical clips on. He suspected one player never watched them, so gave him a blank USB and then asked him what he’d make of the clips #afc

Via BT commentator on Twitter

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Not expecting miracles, but if Emery can shake things up and get us heading in the right direction, and competing. That is a great start. We were never going to get a sexy big name. Thank fuck all this Wenger moulded ex player bollocks, appears to be over. Might even renew my ST. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

seems like they tried to float arteta then shit themselves when they saw the reaction. us miserable bastards online can have an affect imo

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Does anyone else think this might all go wrong this time tomorrow and 12 hours before the season starts, we'll appoint John Gregory or Mike Walker on a one year deal?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Anyone remember the last Spanish manager who came to north London with a europa league trophy under his belt with Sevilla :lol:

shu

Post by shu »

goonersid wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 pm
Oooohh Unai you are awful but I like you!!
Ha ha yes one for the older supporters.

I am pleased we will get him .

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Absolutely delighted with this, we will have structure, pressing, strategy, organisation and anyone not doing their job will finally be accountable.

was thinking is there anyone at PSG who could be on way out we could attract?

Poor little snowflakes won't know what's hit them