BILLIONAIRES

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: BILLIONAIRES

Post by The Arsenal Way »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 7:33 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:29 pm
The hypocrisy and lunacy of the Russian Gangsta's ownership of the chav cùnts is well documented here.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... -1.2212486

Ludicrous that this was allowed. Fuckers should have been shut down and consigned to being a small blip on football's history. Much like OneBardEwok :wink:
None of the oligarch's should have been allowed in but then we pimp ourselves out to anyone with money these days, to think he nearly bought Spuds (and Villa), actually I would have much preferred if Villa got him, Chelsea should be where Leeds are today, dirty little club.

They don't need a new stadium anyway, if they stop winning trophies for a few years they'll soon be back to a half empty bridge, I remember back in the early 90's all clubs had some terrible attendances but they were one of the worst, take out the modern day 'glory hunter' types and their fanbase is quite small.

True that.
I lived over the road from the shed back in the 90's.
I could have attended anytime for a nominal price. Couldn't be arsed.
Just like the idea that the plutonium loving gangsta will move on. Perhaps buy Maccabi Tel Aviv now?
Fuck em off down two leagues, where they truly belong.

As an aside. I do recall that we were days away from buying pikey Terry before Bates sold the club to Abramovich.
Also, when he flew over SW London, he first thought that Fulham's ground was the club he was going to buy.
It maybe folklore, but it will do for me.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 7:39 pm
Andrew wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:44 pm
Looks like their stadium plans have gone for a Burton:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315033
The problem they've got is where they are, ironic really, that is probably the main reason they attracted an oligarch in the first place, the cost of redeveloping in that area is astronomical, even for a multi-billionaire. No doubt our government will back down and give him a visa now as this bs project will 'create jobs', this is exactly what he has done this for.

:roll:
Surely they should get Wenker as manager then he can build them a stadium from scratch with his bare hands :rubchin:

Post by 1989 »

Chelsea are fucked. Apparently they have to give Napoli a massive payment to get Sarri as his 8m release clause expires today. They've all but sacked Conte so it's too late to have a change of heart there.

Courtois wants out.

Owner not allowed in the UK and won't pay for the new stadium project.

Average squad apart from Hazard, Kanté and perhaps Azpilicueta.

No CL footie.

If ever there was a club that's going downhill, it's them. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:32 am
Chelsea are fucked. Apparently they have to give Napoli a massive payment to get Sarri as his 8m release clause expires today. They've all but sacked Conte so it's too late to have a change of heart there.

Courtois wants out.

No CL footie.

If ever there was a club that's going downhill, it's them. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

They still have better deals on kit and sponsorship than us, so I don’t think the demise is inimment.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:32 am

Courtois wants out.

No CL footie.

Believe me when I say that it is great when you read that, but at the same time I dont understand why they would have to pay compo to napoli for sarri when they have already appointed ancelotti as their manager :? To me that is ALMOST as bizarre as watford thinking that they can get compo for a manager that they sacked 6 months ago :roll:

Post by 1989 »

Because Sarri is under contract until 2020 and they haven't sacked him yet.

Napoli have played a blinder and are taking Chelsea for mugs. Sarri's agents are trying to find a way out of the mess.

Not to mention they have to pay Conte a hefty sum as well if they sack him, and he's refusing to resign and waiting to get the boot so he can get his compensation. :lol:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

BBC reporting that Abramovich has withdrawn his application for a UK visa... but they failed to explain what the consequences are in the grand scheme.

I mean, it sounds pretty promising - and that he's about to sell up - but maybe it's just a paperwork issue he can work out in a different way.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:02 pm
BBC reporting that Abramovich has withdrawn his application for a UK visa... but they failed to explain what the consequences are in the grand scheme.

I mean, it sounds pretty promising - and that he's about to sell up - but maybe it's just a paperwork issue he can work out in a different way.
It would be great if he fucked off but the advantage of being a billionaire tends to be that you get what you want in the end.......although Usmanov may turn out to be the exception to that rule.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:22 pm
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:02 pm

It would be great if he fucked off but the advantage of being a billionaire tends to be that you get what you want in the end.......although Usmanov may turn out to be the exception to that rule.
He's just using veiled threats to try and get the government to back down because of the jobs and investment that would come from a pointless stadium, I fully expect them to back down because that is what we do in this country - sell everything off to anyone that pays up. Hope I'm wrong and they go to the gutter because that is where they belong.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

You dont get a big part of Russian industry without Putin's approval. All Russian billionaire are into dodgy shit.

You cant compare to billionaires like Buffet or Gates who are legitimate

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Mastrova chaliinchka comrades. :?

wibble

Post by wibble »

Wilson wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:32 am
You dont get a big part of Russian industry without Putin's approval. All Russian billionaire are into dodgy shit.

You cant compare to billionaires like Buffet or Gates who are legitimate
Ah, the guy who owns the all you can eat places :wink: