BILLIONAIRES

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

BILLIONAIRES

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is told to prove his wealth is legitimate if he wants to return to the UK as Britain begins war on oligarchs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... imate.html

I had some fanciful thoughts about the demise of Chav$ki when reading this article. It could also include Usmanov and his plans to invest heavily in Everton.
Can't really see it happening though. Also, how many billionaires can prove that their wealth is legitimate? Not too many.
Perhaps I should have put this on the Brexit thread.

augie

Re: BILLIONAIRES

Post by augie »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:33 am
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is told to prove his wealth is legitimate if he wants to return to the UK as Britain begins war on oligarchs

I had some fanciful thoughts about the demise of Chav$ki when reading this article. It could also include Usmanov and his plans to invest heavily in Everton.
Can't really see it happening though. Also, how many billionaires can prove that their wealth is legitimate? Not too many.

If I was you I would be worrying more about our own club - IF, usmanov will have problems showing legitimate sources of his wealth, then he will more than likely sell his shares to kroenke and we will be fcuked like never before :cry: :cry: :cry:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Has too show 2 million quid out of 9.3 Billion!! is from clean sources. May as well be saying heres £930 prove 20p of it aint dodgy. Even these dodgy wankers can do that. Waste of time, pointless excercise.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

wilko49er wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:08 am
Has too show 2 million quid out of 9.3 Billion!! is from clean sources. May as well be saying heres £930 prove 20p of it aint dodgy. Even these dodgy wankers can do that. Waste of time, pointless excercise.
Yeah totally pointless but quite funny seeing Abramovich locked out of the country at the moment. I guess that's why Conte has not been sacked yet lol

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

augie wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:53 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:

If I was you I would be worrying more about our own club - IF, usmanov will have problems showing legitimate sources of his wealth, then he will more than likely sell his shares to kroenke and we will be fcuked like never before :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gawd. I should have put a few :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: in the post.
It is tongue in cheek augie.
Tell me. When you were buzzing about Emery becoming our manager today. Did you smile?
If so, did your face crack into a thousand pieces? :D :lol:
It's been a while since you saw the lighter side pal

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:20 pm
augie wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:53 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:

Gawd. I should have put a few :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: in the post.
It is tongue in cheek augie.
Tell me. When you were buzzing about Emery becoming our manager today. Did you smile?
If so, did your face crack into a thousand pieces? :D :lol:
It's been a while since you saw the lighter side pal
He can't see fuck all mate. Any light source shines off his big old bald head and blinds him. :lol: :wink:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Looks like he's managed to worm his way back in, must have been a Boris bung involved somewhere along the way! :rubchin: :barscarf:

Just taking the massive piss out of the government, so much for the FA's "fit & proper persons" test & EUFA financial fair play regulations. :cussing:

Football is really not corrupt honest Guv! :roll:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... iv-chelsea

augie

Post by augie »

The thing about abramovich is that, if he walks away from the chavs in the morning, the club itself will not drown under a mountain of debt like it was about to before mathew harding saved them. You have to give some kudo's to the man who converted club debt into shares every season (up to the last few seasons anyway), which cleared the clubs debt and made them ffp compliant. Of course if he walked away they would probably have a major crisis going forward cos they would struggle to meet the massive wage bill that they are now committed to

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 8:19 am
The thing about abramovich is that, if he walks away from the chavs in the morning, the club itself will not drown under a mountain of debt like it was about to before mathew harding saved them. You have to give some kudo's to the man who converted club debt into shares every season (up to the last few seasons anyway), which cleared the clubs debt and made them ffp compliant. Of course if he walked away they would probably have a major crisis going forward cos they would struggle to meet the massive wage bill that they are now committed to
Why would he walk away? He is a billionaire because he it astute in business. He would merely sell the chavs to another billionaire and everything continues unless get a billionaire like our billionaire and things might change but there will be no walking away

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:33 am
augie wrote:
Why would he walk away? He is a billionaire because he it astute in business. He would merely sell the chavs to another billionaire and everything continues unless get a billionaire like our billionaire and things might change but there will be no walking away
Ha ha ...selling tat on a table in a market to Billionaire, through countries previously state owned Natural resources .....

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:33 am
augie wrote:

You gotta agree that his financial investment in the chavs has decreased significantly in recent seasons - either he is bored or he is waving the white flag knowing that he cannot compete with citeeh's arabs. Maybe the constant turnover of managers is wearing him down ? Also being investigated over his questionable wealth, and be possibly exiled from england, could be enough to make anyone walk away

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The hypocrisy and lunacy of the Russian Gangsta's ownership of the chav cùnts is well documented here.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... -1.2212486

Ludicrous that this was allowed. Fuckers should have been shut down and consigned to being a small blip on football's history. Much like OneBardEwok :wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Looks like their stadium plans have gone for a Burton:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315033

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:29 pm
The hypocrisy and lunacy of the Russian Gangsta's ownership of the chav cùnts is well documented here.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... -1.2212486

Ludicrous that this was allowed. Fuckers should have been shut down and consigned to being a small blip on football's history. Much like OneBardEwok :wink:
None of the oligarch's should have been allowed in but then we pimp ourselves out to anyone with money these days, to think he nearly bought Spuds (and Villa), actually I would have much preferred if Villa got him, Chelsea should be where Leeds are today, dirty little club.

They don't need a new stadium anyway, if they stop winning trophies for a few years they'll soon be back to a half empty bridge, I remember back in the early 90's all clubs had some terrible attendances but they were one of the worst, take out the modern day 'glory hunter' types and their fanbase is quite small.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Andrew wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:44 pm
Looks like their stadium plans have gone for a Burton:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315033
The problem they've got is where they are, ironic really, that is probably the main reason they attracted an oligarch in the first place, the cost of redeveloping in that area is astronomical, even for a multi-billionaire. No doubt our government will back down and give him a visa now as this bs project will 'create jobs', this is exactly what he has done this for.

:roll: