2018/19 home kit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: 2018/19 home kit

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:33 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:15 am
augie wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 am
All joking aside, I have said to my buddies that Ireland would be wasting our time qualifying for Russia with the likes of Randolph, ward etc in the squad and martin o'neill as manager, and then I look at the England squad and see Delph, wellshit, young etc and southgate as manager, and I'm not sure we would be much worse than ye :shock:
I have never gone along with the excuse that foreigners coming into the English league is killing your national team players coming through, but if that is the best squad southgate has at his disposal, then maybe Brexit will be a good thing after all :wink: :lol: :lol:
I think if we don't qualify from a group which includes Panama and Tunisia then we'll be back to the latest "root and branch review of English football" which happens after just about every tournament. The midfield is what concerns me the most. We were supposedly developing more technical players with the investments in infrastructure and coaches, St George's Park etc......then I see Dier, Henderson, Delph etc and think to myself what the fuck......
There was a time when we had decent keepers too!

Hard to disagree with that - there isnt an ounce of creativity between them (unless running around a lot classes as creativity these days).

Personally I think that this world cup has the makings of one of the worst world cups ever - there isnt one world class squad that you would feel confident to put your house on so maybe ingerland have a chance after all (a joke too far ? :rubchin: :wink: :lol: )
The last time I thought we had any sort of chance was back in 2006 when Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Ferdinand, JT Chav, Cashley Hole etc were all in their prime. To be honest they did better than a lot of Englishmen gave them credit for, the manager as usual got canned after a QF penalty loss. I remember saying back then when there was the usual media hype about "chuck them all out and play the kids"......fine, but there aren't any decent kids to play to start with!

As it happens - and I must admit as a nation it happens to us a lot - we have a group that you'd have to look at and fancy your chances of getting out of. If that happens we play one of the two who get through from Poland, Japan, Senegal and Columbia, so it's quite possible to make the quarter finals if they get their shit together. However, there are far superior teams out there beyond that stage. Says something about the sign of the times when Sven was absolutely slated in 2006 for only reaching the QFs......12 years on and most Englishmen would say it would be a really decent achievement. Progression? Hardly..

Post by 1989 »

The 2006 team is miles and miles better than the current one in pretty every single position. We just needed someone to figure out how to play Lampard and Gerrard together and nobody had a scooby doo. :oops:

To think we had Sol, Terry, Rio and Carragher as a collection of CB's to choose from. Bloody hell.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

By the way, anyone seen our new home shirt - it's shit... :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:36 pm
By the way, anyone seen our new home shirt - it's shit... :D
:lol:

Have you seen it on the players? It actually looks worse when worn than it does in the stock images. There is so much white on the shoulders that it does not look like an Arsenal home jersey but more a training bib or something. It is fucking awful. :oops: :roll:

And red lines on the sleeves my fucking hairy shit delivery system.... they look pink from anything further than 5 yards away. Fuck off Puma. :evil: :censored:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

At first i liked the new home shirt but having seen it in the shops it is awful......

I like the new blue away kit :?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

last seasons home kit was totally devoid of any personality, this one imo is quite contempory. maybe a bigger hit with the young and stylish of our support than some of the more battle worn traditionalists. 8)

Post by 1989 »

The away kit looks just as bad. Some navy and maroon nonsense.

Puma are taking the piss in their last year as manufacturers.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

No no and thrice NO

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Maybe somebody at Puma is saying to our lot 'you don't deserve to play in a traditional Arsenal home / away shirt and until you spineless wankers show some balls we are going to churn out wanky kits for you to wear'. No, just me, ok :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:19 am
At first i liked the new home shirt but having seen it in the shops it is awful......

Bought my son both today - he collects them - and the home one is just shocking. The blue away is OK but I still prefer traditional yellow with blue sleeves or trim for away.

The home comes in 2 materials too - regular material at €65 and EVoKnit for €120. :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:38 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:19 am

Bought my son both today - he collects them - and the home one is just shocking. The blue away is OK but I still prefer traditional yellow with blue sleeves or trim for away.

The home comes in 2 materials too - regular material at €65 and EVoKnit for €120. :shock:
That's shocking. I could get a flight to Oireland for that money...........then again :D

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Ugh, avoid the EVOKnit top, it's disgusting, here is an example of how they look (not in Arsenal colours)!! 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 am
Ugh, avoid the EVOKnit top, it's disgusting, here is an example of how they look (not in Arsenal colours)!! 8)

I know we have an abundance of sewing enthusiasts on here, but is anyone big on knitting :shock: ?

Post by 1989 »

Awful.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 am

Is that a joke? Is it just a jumper knitted with the pattern of the jersey?