2018/19 home kit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: 2018/19 home kit

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:43 pm
In regards to the pink Stripe on the sleeve I don't see why the club and puma didn't make it the LGBT rainbow flag on the sleeves to show its diversity or aren't we ready for that?
I'm not - and shall I tell you why (in my new role as a wannabe 3rd rate political speaker) shall I? :wink:

Football should never be a platform for any political or social or cultural campaign. Football should just be football. If white people or black people or Asian people or gay people or weird people or cock inhaling tranny midgets (hi Lefty :wink: ) want to watch it or play it then great just fucking do it. Leave your politics and your social beliefs at home. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Looks like the Rwanda sponsorship shit is going to bite us on the arse;

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/ars ... ocid=ientp

I wonder which fucking moron on the Board green lighted this one...? :roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:16 pm

The Arsenal shirt is viewed 35million times a day globally !!

That’s nearly as often as the tit thread in the basement :shock:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

it's not a pink sleeve it's red and white stripes people :roll:

some of you have the eyesight of our long departed manager, i forget his name :? :wink:

ds

Post by ds »

Is anyone really surprised, the demise of football as I knew it happened a few years ago.

All about making money - so some old fat twat can wear the 'new' shirt, that was made to enhance a footballers physique, and look a caaaant. Plus the tiddlies will all be spending a fortune on it. Who cares what colour it is other than people like us.

To think we have come to this :banghead:

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

It's actually smart business from both parties. Arsenal create a new revenue stream while Rwanda gain added exposure as a tourist destination.

If Rwanda don't market themselves this way in order to improve their economy, they would continue to depend on the UK for foreign aid. How does that help the UK? If anything, this partnership should be seen as a positive by the MP's.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Apparently they went with Visit Oireland as the first idea......but market research suggested that people weren't willing to pay £50 for that :D

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:49 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Apparently they went with Visit Oireland as the first idea......but market research suggested that people weren't willing to pay £50 for that :D

Shouldnt you be dusting off your 1966 england team poster and putting your george's flags outside your house, on your car, and all down the streets ? 66 never again :wink: :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:57 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:49 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Shouldnt you be dusting off your 1966 england team poster and putting your george's flags outside your house, on your car, and all down the streets ? 66 never again :wink: :lol: :lol:
No time for that mate - I'm off to Wemb-er-lee this evening :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

We could have gone with Visit Russia but apparently all our Oirish and Scottish fans had objections to that :D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

All joking aside, I have said to my buddies that Ireland would be wasting our time qualifying for Russia with the likes of Randolph, ward etc in the squad and martin o'neill as manager, and then I look at the England squad and see Delph, wellshit, young etc and southgate as manager, and I'm not sure we would be much worse than ye :shock:
I have never gone along with the excuse that foreigners coming into the English league is killing your national team players coming through, but if that is the best squad southgate has at his disposal, then maybe Brexit will be a good thing after all :wink: :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 am
All joking aside, I have said to my buddies that Ireland would be wasting our time qualifying for Russia with the likes of Randolph, ward etc in the squad and martin o'neill as manager, and then I look at the England squad and see Delph, wellshit, young etc and southgate as manager, and I'm not sure we would be much worse than ye :shock:
I have never gone along with the excuse that foreigners coming into the English league is killing your national team players coming through, but if that is the best squad southgate has at his disposal, then maybe Brexit will be a good thing after all :wink: :lol: :lol:
I think if we don't qualify from a group which includes Panama and Tunisia then we'll be back to the latest "root and branch review of English football" which happens after just about every tournament. The midfield is what concerns me the most. We were supposedly developing more technical players with the investments in infrastructure and coaches, St George's Park etc......then I see Dier, Henderson, Delph etc and think to myself what the fuck......
There was a time when we had decent keepers too!

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:15 am
augie wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 am
I think if we don't qualify from a group which includes Panama and Tunisia then we'll be back to the latest "root and branch review of English football" which happens after just about every tournament. The midfield is what concerns me the most. We were supposedly developing more technical players with the investments in infrastructure and coaches, St George's Park etc......then I see Dier, Henderson, Delph etc and think to myself what the fuck......
There was a time when we had decent keepers too!

Hard to disagree with that - there isnt an ounce of creativity between them (unless running around a lot classes as creativity these days).

Personally I think that this world cup has the makings of one of the worst world cups ever - there isnt one world class squad that you would feel confident to put your house on so maybe ingerland have a chance after all (a joke too far ? :rubchin: :wink: :lol: )

Post by 1989 »

Spain and Germany have world class squads. Brazil too arguably.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:06 am
Spain and Germany have world class squads. Brazil too arguably.

You reckon ? I suspect that neither has a striker of real top quality - yes costa can bully opposition defences and all that, but is he really top quality ? Likewise germany lack a truly world class striker imo - they still have khedira in midfield (the very definition of average) and have not replaced the two full backs imo

The brazil team, lest we forget got anally raped in their own back yard in the semi finals at the last world cup - yes squads have changed and evolved since then, but the mentality of those players will still be questioned until they prove otherwise imo

Post by 1989 »

Germany have Timo Werner. May not be world class yet but will be sooner or later. He's my actual tip to be the top scorer at the WC.

They have Kimmich at RB who's as perfect a replacement for Lahm as you can find in every way. Can play at left back or midfield as well just like Lahm used to.

As for Costa, of course he's top quality. Done it in the Premier League and La Liga. Question marks over his suitability to Spain's tippy tippy style aside.