Arsenal Backroom clearout ,whose selling their story first ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Arsenal Backroom clearout ,whose selling their story first ?

Post by Herd »

With the Wenger ERA finally over and summer returning to Narnia after a thousand years of Winter, the gravy train of the Arsene yes men has hit the buffers with a bang .
Many are unlikely to get jobs in football so with that in mind, there is the prospect of one very large payday ,but for who.
My monies on Paul Johnson whose cozy ride on the Arsenal train has come to an abrupt end .
Any Newspaper would pay up 100- 250 k for someone to spill the beans on what really went on behind the scenes and the fleet street dogs must be sniffing around them !
Any thoughts ???

augie

Re: Arsenal Backroom clearout ,whose selling their story first ?

Post by augie »

I suspect colin lewin would be the most susceptible purely cos it was a major shock that he got sacked :rubchin:

I don't see bould doing it unless he finds himself in the coaching wilderness from being associated with the wenger shitfest - I think that bould would be too loyal, and it will be hard for any of the coaches (not fitness coaches though) to spill the beans without making themselves look weak and inept too.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Doubt Colin Lewin. Nobody coming out and selling their story comes off looking good, but you can kiss goodbye to getting another role at a big club if you’re a medical professional and you do that.

RobG

Post by RobG »

Herd wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 10:27 am
With the Wenger ERA finally over and summer returning to Narnia after a thousand years of Winter, the gravy train of the Arsene yes men has hit the buffers with a bang .
Many are unlikely to get jobs in football so with that in mind, there is the prospect of one very large payday ,but for who.
My monies on Paul Johnson whose cozy ride on the Arsenal train has come to an abrupt end .
Any Newspaper would pay up 100- 250 k for someone to spill the beans on what really went on behind the scenes and the fleet street dogs must be sniffing around them !
Any thoughts ???

Tend to agree that it would be a bridge burning exercise if anyone did, as they would make themselves nigh on unemployable in football terms.

However, if they were that anyway, then the sense of nothing to lose kicks in. Someone just might.... :rubchin:

jaggygooner

Post by jaggygooner »

What story? Went in today, did fuck all, said "yes Arsene your right" a few times, went home again.....and repeat :rubchin:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Lewin was reportedly told of fate on Monday, with coaches Neil Banfield, Gerry Peyton and Tony Colbert also leaving their roles, with Paul Johnson also leaving his post as equipment manager.

You're fucking kidding me :barscarf: :D :D :D :D :D

I've been saying for years these blokes have all been absolute frauds under Wenger.

Wenger henchmen who have finally been given the arse.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The story is a big one ,the Gazidis Wenger war which has raged behind the scenes since 2011 ,the sidelining of Bould ,the mollycoddling of certain favoured players, what the fuck did Boro Primorac do for 3 million a year the gravy train of incompetence ,the cycle of delusion, the lack of coaching ,it's a cracking story.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:53 am
The story is a big one ,the Gazidis Wenger war which has raged behind the scenes since 2011 ,the sidelining of Bould ,the mollycoddling of certain favoured players, what the fuck did Boro Primorac do for 3 million a year the gravy train of incompetence ,the cycle of delusion, the lack of coaching ,it's a cracking story.
Tend to agree, for us fans think it will be fascinating to know...think Wenger has a few skeletons in the cupboard :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I seriously doubt their severance packages were not tied into some form of non disclosure clause. Some of you people live in fantasy land. :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 am
I seriously doubt their severance packages were not tied into some form of non disclosure clause. Some of you people live in fantasy land. :lol:
I'm 100pct sure they have a non disclosure clause DB10 but you can get around that pretty easily ,non attributable sources etc .
As others have said it wouldn't do for the higher paid lackeys to do it but at the bottom end of the scale they have nothing to lose.

I mentioned Paul not because I think he lacks integrity ,I've known him since the 8o's and in the days when I knew a lot of people in the club he wasn't my source but there aren't too many vacancies for people whose experience is arranging travel and assistant kit man and is aged 60 plus .

Of course to stop that you stagger the redundancy payments because after 6 months it will be old hat but right now it would be a hot potato !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:53 am
Hope you got an upfront payment before spilling all those juicy tidbits Herd, don’t think it will make the bestseller list myself but who knows,

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Think there are a few (ex-) players with an axe to grind that might happily come out and have a bit of a pop.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:barscarf: Amaury Bischoff, the truth is out there somewhere! :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The only person I want to hear from about what's gone on behind the scenes in the last 10 years is Wenger. Especially, the bits in the last 3 season when the team have imploded and he himself has said there is a story behind it but cannot talk about it.
I'd say he'd be the first and only to person to sell his story as the others have been well rewarded already and haven't got an axe to grind. Wenger clearly has with some players, and by getting the boot.
As for colin lewin he can always join up with Gary in the England setup.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 am
The only person I want to hear from about what's gone on behind the scenes in the last 10 years is Wenger. Especially, the bits in the last 3 season when the team have imploded and he himself has said there is a story behind it but cannot talk about it.
I'd say he'd be the first and only to person to sell his story as the others have been well rewarded already and haven't got an axe to grind. Wenger clearly has with some players, and by getting the boot.
As for colin lewin he can always join up with Gary in the England setup.
But the thing is with Wenger that could you really believe anything he says? I can't. Dictatorlike has been who has bullshitted fans and media for years. I don't believe for a minute that he has anything credible to say.