2018-19 season! hopes and expectations

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g60gooner

Re: 2018-19 season! hopes and expectations

Post by g60gooner »

Hopes and expectations for 2018-19?

Well, just having hopes and expectations if i'm honest.

A novel and welcome experience for the first time in 10-12 years. I feel full of hope for the first time in an age, and i'm actually looking forward to the new season, and seriously considering going to my first game in 5 years.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Just 2 to start with. The end of zonal marking and a ban on mobiles in the dressing room.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g60gooner wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:00 am
Hopes and expectations for 2018-19?

Well, just having hopes and expectations if i'm honest.

A novel and welcome experience for the first time in 10-12 years. I feel full of hope for the first time in an age, and i'm actually looking forward to the new season, and seriously considering going to my first game in 5 years.
Ditto mate, I am looking forward to a new season with some hope, a little expectation and a touch of optimism - :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Hopes , I want Arsenal to be hated by opponents, opposing fans and by the media. I want Arsenal to be competitive by playing hard and on the edge. Snowflake days are over hopefully. I hope for competitive improvements in all aspects of our preparation and approach.

Expectations., I expect a tougher ,fresher approach from management and maybe a lot of tinkering initially to see who is on board and who has the stomach for it. I'm excited about Arsenal for the first time in years.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Win the Europa League. He likes that trophy!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

How about not having to see Wenger's face stinking the place out for any reason whatsoever :rubchin:

Not much hope of that i feel

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I hope the players start to put in 100 percent every game (Ozil) and that I don't watch a lone striker trying to get a touch of the ball with 6 or 7 defenders around him like we did in most away games last year.
I hope Mustafi leaves and we actually get some money for him and I hope we sign a quality goalkeeper and central midfielder who can tackle.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

goonertux wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:43 am
Just 2 to start with. The end of zonal marking and a ban on mobiles in the dressing room.
absolutely the end of that shit marking we saw so many times last season, specifically at bournemouth, swansea and forest. just getting the basics right at the back will make us a much better side. have no idea how much of a difference that will make when it comes to challenging citeh but surely we won't finish 30 points behind the leaders next season.

up the Gunners :barscarf: 8)

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’m quite confident we can finish above this “brilliant “ mousers team who’ve had to wait until the last day two years running to secure a top 4 finish!
So with the chavs looking set for more unrest and hopefully the spuds losing some players I would be hopeful of top 4 finish as a decent building block!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I have high hopes but low expectations. Same as last season, Europa League win and a domestic cup. If Mourinho did it with a man Utd squad in 2017 with a considerably worse than our current lot than Emery should be able to match that.

brucers

Post by brucers »

The general consensus seems to be improvement. We tend all to know and agree where our weaknesses lie. One positive aspect we have that makes our situation not as bad as it seems is that most of our players can improve. Most were decent players before Wenger got his claws into them. If Emery can get them back to their best (and he is known for doing just that), then we may not need to buy quite so many new players. Auba and Laca have goals in them, so tighten our defence and we should be able to improve without too much difficulty.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Europa League win
League Cup win - if not then a top 4 finish

(if we win both of those that is already more than the last idiot in charge managed in 22 years)

a captain that actually plays in games and captains the team
a defence that is well organised and shows leadership
a team that actually shows a desire to win and cares if they lose

more atmosphere at the Emirates - fans to actually be in the ground 10 minutes before kick off, maybe some food that is edible and drinks less of a rip off (ok these things are unlikely)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Treble

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 am
Treble

What....three away wins in a league season again.....a repeat of Palace, Everton and Burnley.......high expectations :shock:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Biggest hope?

Stan Kroenke in the ground feeding the worms.

:roll: