History channel - The History of Football

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

History channel - The History of Football

Post by Nos89 »

Currently showing until 10 June. It's brilliant I could watch it 24/7 and not get bored.
I think sky is working with them as they are showing the premier league years, but there's the glossy official FIFA documentaries on world cup 1970 and 1974 so far.
I think it's on subscription only with sky and BT TV.
Great documentaries on Sir Stanley Matthews, and Turin Revisited and a program on a panel of 4 ex-players choosing whose the greater legend. Although how did Jenas get on a panel with Lothar Matteus, Gary Linekar and Ryan Giggs?
Anyway, haven't seen it mentioned on here. It's not a world cup theme so didn't put it there. Anyone who loves their football history of will enjoy the channel.

DB10GOONER

Re: History channel - The History of Football

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 am
Currently showing until 10 June. It's brilliant I could watch it 24/7 and not get bored.
I think sky is working with them as they are showing the premier league years, but there's the glossy official FIFA documentaries on world cup 1970 and 1974 so far.
Great documentaries on Sir Stanley Matthews, and Turin Revisited and a program on a panel of 4 ex-players choosing whose the greater legend. Although how did Jenas get on a panel with Lothar Matteus, Gary Linekar and Ryan Giggs?
Anyway, haven't seen it mentioned on here. It's not a world cup theme so didn't put it there. Anyone who loves their football history of will enjoy the channel.
Probably because not everyone posts their every single thought as a new thread mate. :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:38 am
Nos89 wrote:
Probably because not everyone posts their every single thought as a new thread mate. :lol: :wink:
If I started a new thread with every thought I had I'd get banned. 😀

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:38 am
Nos89 wrote:
If I started a new thread with every thought I had I'd get banned. 😀
Or be made a mod..... :lol: :wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Bet they don't mention Heysel.

#JFT39

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Andrew wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:53 pm
Bet they don't mention Heysel.

#JFT39
They did in the documentary one day in Turin. Because English clubs were banned from Europe and that the semi final was to be played at Juventus's ground. Apparently, only 5000 tickets were made available for England fans, with a severe threat to their lives as Italian ultras wanted revenge.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’m more of a BabeStation kind of a guy than a History Channel viewer all truth be told 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:01 pm
I’m more of a BabeStation kind of a guy than a History Channel viewer all truth be told 8)
How long have you been married? :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Didn’t we have a babestation babe posting on here a long time ago
(Or was it all a dream........ :rubchin: )

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Mmmmm..........So they made a program abut soccer from 1992/3 til now? :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:40 am
Mmmmm..........So they made a program abut soccer from 1992/3 til now? :rubchin:
92/93?? I thought football was invented by A Wenger 1996. It was like "BC" before the great man came along, created Arsenal on his first day, built the stadium on his sixth and then rested

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:42 am
rodders999 wrote:
Didn’t we have a babestation babe posting on here a long time ago
(Or was it all a dream........ :rubchin: )

Yeah, we did. Although i would use the word babe loosely, unless you were comparing her to that film about a pig. Awful thing with a vile mouth. She made Katie Price look like Sister Wendy.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:46 am
robbo10 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:40 am
92/93?? I thought football was invented by A Wenger 1996. It was like "BC" before the great man came along, created Arsenal on his first day, built the stadium on his sixth and then rested
Admittedly it was a toss up between Sky arriving and Le Fraud changing modern football single handedly in 96,