Zidane

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: Zidane

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Joking aside, Wenger is favourite for the job!...
Fluent in Spanish and inherits good squads!... 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Give it to him. FUCKING GIVE IT TO HIM :coffeespit:

First game of the season, 3 nil down at home to Levante, Ronaldo at wing back, Iwobi captain, 70,000 white fucking handkerchiefs waving down around his fraudulent ears.

GIVE IT TO HIM. He wouldn’t last 90 minutes there for fuck sake.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Few observations from various articles I read during the day...

- SSN had a quote about Wenger being 'ready for a challenge', or something along those lines. I guess having dominated English football for the past ten years, he can now move on to his next test :roll:

- Wenger's also been saying that he's already bored, and needs to get back into the game. Which doesn't really make sense does it? Even if he were still Arsenal manager (and thank fuck he isn't), the season's ended, and he'd always find himself in this predicament at the end of May (i.e. no games for the next ten weeks or so). He's talking as if it's mid-August and it's really unusual for him not to be involved, but in reality, nothing's actually changed for him yet.

- The fact that he's begging for the Madrid job and already talking about "being bored" is hilarious to me. Having been sacked, the egomaniac is desperate to get in anywhere he can to prove Kroenke/Gazidis wrong - and taking on the Madrid job would be an instant moral victory for him. "Think I'm not good enough for Arsenal? Look, I'm managing Real Madrid now". I don't think his heart will be in his new job at all (wherever that may be) - he's purely out to prove the Arsenal board wrong for having sacked him. Amusingly, Wenger doesn't realise how shit he truly is, and the whole thing will blow up in his face.

- I was sceptical about Wenger being willing to further embarrass himself by taking on such a prominent job, but an article on the Mail website suggested that it would be a final crack at winning the CL for him, which he's obsessed with. On that basis, I could definitely see him agreeing to join Madrid. Imagine him trying to manage Ronaldo and Bale though. They'd take one look at him and laugh him out of the room.

- Finally, it would be brilliant if Pochettino were chosen ahead of him. Another blow to the old dictator's ego, and it fucks over Spuds in the process :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I would love it if Wenger took over Real Madrid. I would even support them and hope he does well. Although, I dont think he would cope with the pressure and expectation. Not to mention, the players in that team owe him nothing, so wenger would literally have no control and would expect to manage those ego's and brilliant footballers.

He never managed here, he controlled

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:04 pm
Few observations from various articles I read during the day...

- SSN had a quote about Wenger being 'ready for a challenge', or something along those lines. I guess having dominated English football for the past ten years, he can now move on to his next test :roll:

- Wenger's also been saying that he's already bored, and needs to get back into the game. Which doesn't really make sense does it? Even if he were still Arsenal manager (and thank fuck he isn't), the season's ended, and he'd always find himself in this predicament at the end of May (i.e. no games for the next ten weeks or so). He's talking as if it's mid-August and it's really unusual for him not to be involved, but in reality, nothing's actually changed for him yet.

- The fact that he's begging for the Madrid job and already talking about "being bored" is hilarious to me. Having been sacked, the egomaniac is desperate to get in anywhere he can to prove Kroenke/Gazidis wrong - and taking on the Madrid job would be an instant moral victory for him. "Think I'm not good enough for Arsenal? Look, I'm managing Real Madrid now". I don't think his heart will be in his new job at all (wherever that may be) - he's purely out to prove the Arsenal board wrong for having sacked him. Amusingly, Wenger doesn't realise how shit he truly is, and the whole thing will blow up in his face.

- I was sceptical about Wenger being willing to further embarrass himself by taking on such a prominent job, but an article on the Mail website suggested that it would be a final crack at winning the CL for him, which he's obsessed with. On that basis, I could definitely see him agreeing to join Madrid. Imagine him trying to manage Ronaldo and Bale though. They'd take one look at him and laugh him out of the room.

- Finally, it would be brilliant if Pochettino were chosen ahead of him. Another blow to the old dictator's ego, and it fucks over Spuds in the process :barscarf:
Would there be a banner held aloft saying “who had heard of Ronaldo & Bale 4 years ago”
Or “we don’t buy superstars, we make them”

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Emery going to Madrid ive heard.

Gazidis quits

Wenger comes back in to steady the ship

Post by 1989 »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:58 am

Gazidis quits

Heard the same thing mate.

Gutted. :cry:

ds

Post by ds »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:58 pm

First game of the season, 3 nil down at home to Levante, Ronaldo at wing back, Iwobi captain, 70,000 white fucking handkerchiefs waving down around his fraudulent ears.

That made me laugh! Many a true word spoken in jest.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

ds wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:06 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:58 pm

That made me laugh! Many a true word spoken in jest.
Just imagine Wenger interviewing for the Real Madrid job.

RM: so we have won the CL the last 3 seasons. what has your record been like in this competition recently.

AW: well er of course we qualified for 19 years in a row

RM: yes but what about winning matches in the CL ?

AW: well er we beat Barcelona a few seasons ago

RM: very good - who did you play in the next round ?

AW: well er of course it was only 1 match but we were very unlucky in the 2nd leg.

RM: so when was the last CL knock out match that you won ?

AW: 2010

RM: Next !

Post by 1989 »

....."But we showed a lot of spirit and mental strength and we only lost due to exceptional circumstances".

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:04 am
flash gunner wrote:

Gazidis quits

Me too, it's being reported everywhere. I can't believe this is happening :cry: :(

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:00 am
1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:04 am
flash gunner wrote:

Gazidis quits

Me too, it's being reported everywhere. I can't believe this is happening :cry: :(
Really hope Arteta doesn't bare a grudge... he might be getting a rather sheepish call from Ivan shorty! :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Pochettino just quoted as ‘ if Madrid calls, you have to listen’

😃

Two weeks after signing a five year contract. Oops.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:25 pm

😃

Woo hoo, fuck off Poch and while you're at it make sure you take Kane with you! How funny would it be if their best fuck off before they even set foot in the new revised swamp.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:25 pm

😃

Woo hoo, fuck off Poch and while you're at it make sure you take Kane with you! How funny would it be if their best fuck off before they even set foot in the new revised swamp.
For me it would be Poch over Wenger to RM every time just to see the look on the swamp dwellers faces when their manager and best player have fucked off to RM. A billion quid is a lot of money to pay for a stadium after all. Levy must wake up at night in cold sweats.

They are creaming themselves over their stadium in N17, don’t they realise you can’t build a mansion in a ghetto.