2018/2019 Fixtures

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1
Posts: 6256
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:53 pm

2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by clockender1 »

Come out next week I believe.

Who do you want on opening day ? - I’d like to believe that this year will be different, and home or away we’ll come flying out of the blocks.

I don’t want city or the spuds, but a home game against the chavs, United or the mickeys might be nice to lay down the gauntlet early and show our new found mettle, start as we mean to go on etc.

Jock Gooner
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 am

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:34 am
Come out next week I believe.

Who do you want on opening day ? - I’d like to believe that this year will be different, and home or away we’ll come flying out of the blocks.

I don’t want city or the spuds, but a home game against the chavs, United or the mickeys might be nice to lay down the gauntlet early and show our new found mettle, start as we mean to go on etc.

Didn't you see the press about a month ago.......the PL fix the fixtures so the top 6 do not play each other on the opening or closing weekends. :shock:

1989
Posts: 11844
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by 1989 »

Tottenham away season opener let's have those (hopefully) Pochettino less *word censored*. :box: :D

Rosie_titters
Posts: 5489
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Woking

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by Rosie_titters »

Jock is correct, so forget City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham. A nice spolier of a day away to Newcastle. :D :D

User avatar
Perryashburtongroves
Posts: 7189
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: At the start of a glorious era.

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Away to Cardiff, followed by home to Crystal Palace. It's always something fucking crap.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25540
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:34 am
Come out next week I believe.

Who do you want on opening day ? - I’d like to believe that this year will be different, and home or away we’ll come flying out of the blocks.

I don’t want city or the spuds, but a home game against the chavs, United or the mickeys might be nice to lay down the gauntlet early and show our new found mettle, start as we mean to go on etc.



Dont think that they come out until the 14th do they ? :?

I dont care who we get as long as we are not the early tv game on the saturday cos I will miss it if that is the case

User avatar
VoiceOfReason
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:39 am
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:34 am
Come out next week I believe.

Who do you want on opening day ? - I’d like to believe that this year will be different, and home or away we’ll come flying out of the blocks.

I don’t want city or the spuds, but a home game against the chavs, United or the mickeys might be nice to lay down the gauntlet early and show our new found mettle, start as we mean to go on etc.

Didn't you see the press about a month ago.......the PL fix the fixtures so the top 6 do not play each other on the opening or closing weekends. :shock:
I'm not sure they're right about that though. Our first game in 2016/17 was at home to Liverpool, and we also played our first game of the 2010/11 season up at Anfield.

Rosie_titters
Posts: 5489
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Woking

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by Rosie_titters »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:28 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:39 am
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:34 am
Come out next week I believe.

Who do you want on opening day ? - I’d like to believe that this year will be different, and home or away we’ll come flying out of the blocks.

I don’t want city or the spuds, but a home game against the chavs, United or the mickeys might be nice to lay down the gauntlet early and show our new found mettle, start as we mean to go on etc.

Didn't you see the press about a month ago.......the PL fix the fixtures so the top 6 do not play each other on the opening or closing weekends. :shock:
I'm not sure they're right about that though. Our first game in 2016/17 was at home to Liverpool, and we also played our first game of the 2010/11 season up at Anfield.
In the 2015/16 season Liverpool finished 8th and in the 2009/2010 they finished 7th, so of course the following seasons we would of played them. It applies to the top 6th league position from the season before

User avatar
herbert
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:25 am
Location: london

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by herbert »

First game Newcastle or Burnley away, they are the longest trips and better away days when its not fukin freezing up North

One of the best seasons ever in terms of travel distance with a lot more London and southern England trips than normal ,Brighton Southampton and Bournemouth and 6 more fixtures south of Watford

RobG
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by RobG »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:28 pm
Away to Cardiff, followed by home to Crystal Palace. It's always something fucking crap.

:shock: ....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
VoiceOfReason
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:42 pm
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:28 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:39 am
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:34 am
Come out next week I believe.

Who do you want on opening day ? - I’d like to believe that this year will be different, and home or away we’ll come flying out of the blocks.

I don’t want city or the spuds, but a home game against the chavs, United or the mickeys might be nice to lay down the gauntlet early and show our new found mettle, start as we mean to go on etc.

Didn't you see the press about a month ago.......the PL fix the fixtures so the top 6 do not play each other on the opening or closing weekends. :shock:
I'm not sure they're right about that though. Our first game in 2016/17 was at home to Liverpool, and we also played our first game of the 2010/11 season up at Anfield.
In the 2015/16 season Liverpool finished 8th and in the 2009/2010 they finished 7th, so of course the following seasons we would of played them. It applies to the top 6th league position from the season before
You say "of course" as if everyone should know off-hand Liverpool's league finishes for the last decade! Apologies.

The way it was phrased, I thought it was a reference to who we currently discuss as the top six, rather than individual league finishes.

Bunting14
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by Bunting14 »

Its now the average finishing position over a number of years. Stops pesky teams like Leicester stopping the money train from TV rights

Jock Gooner
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 am

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by Jock Gooner »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:06 pm
Rosie_titters wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:42 pm
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:28 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:39 am
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:34 am
Come out next week I believe.

Who do you want on opening day ? - I’d like to believe that this year will be different, and home or away we’ll come flying out of the blocks.

I don’t want city or the spuds, but a home game against the chavs, United or the mickeys might be nice to lay down the gauntlet early and show our new found mettle, start as we mean to go on etc.

Didn't you see the press about a month ago.......the PL fix the fixtures so the top 6 do not play each other on the opening or closing weekends. :shock:
I'm not sure they're right about that though. Our first game in 2016/17 was at home to Liverpool, and we also played our first game of the 2010/11 season up at Anfield.
In the 2015/16 season Liverpool finished 8th and in the 2009/2010 they finished 7th, so of course the following seasons we would of played them. It applies to the top 6th league position from the season before
You say "of course" as if everyone should know off-hand Liverpool's league finishes for the last decade! Apologies.

The way it was phrased, I thought it was a reference to who we currently discuss as the top six, rather than individual league finishes.

I knew that off the top of my head. OK maybe I didn't :D

The update on average placing to keep the Leicesters out of the loop seems a bit unfair though.

I reckon we'll get somebody shit away :barscarf:

User avatar
northbank123
Posts: 12179
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by northbank123 »

Looking forward to the first few big games.

This season isn’t about whether we can swat aside enough shit teams to creep into 3rd or 4th, it’s about how the team looks particularly in terms of defending and big games. However well he does elsewhere, if Emery looks like somebody who is going to continue Wenger’s attempts for a negative clean sweep away to the top 6 each year he will never cut it.

User avatar
northbank123
Posts: 12179
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: 2018/2019 Fixtures

Post by northbank123 »

The top 6 embargo also applies to FA Cup semi final weekend and there is a rule which says that at least 26 of the remaining weekend programmes (which are probably about 32 in total) must have at least one top 6 match.

Post Reply