PV4 to be our new manager

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

PV4 to be our new manager

Post by GranadaJoe »

In three or four years time.

He's just been appointed manager of Nice, so he can get some top flight experience before leading us to PL and CL glory. I hope he does well. I'd love to see him back at the club.

augie

Re: PV4 to be our new manager

Post by augie »

The standout thought from this is that there were a load of Gooners that argued that it would be impossible to lure him away from the citeeh organization :roll:
I've always liked PV4 as a player, and I already like what he is doing as a manager - he went out to the mls to learn how to be a manager working with restricted budgets, and now he has come back to Nice to gain that experience of working in one of the bigger European leagues 8)

Post by 1989 »

We pissed him off with that approach that he deemed to be a "token gesture". Hope we haven't burnt bridges with him.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

1989 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:29 pm
We pissed him off with that approach that he deemed to be a "token gesture". Hope we haven't burnt bridges with him.
You would think that he is astute enough to realise he just isn’t ready yet to manage us - his spell at Nice, may well just be a very well timed appointment for us both :barscarf:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

I think this is a great move for him (and perhaps us). Not that I know much about Ligue 1 on Nice, but getting experience in a good league will do him good. I never warmed to the idea of him rolling up to coach Arsenal straight out of the MLS. Thing is if he does well, we might have the join the queue for him.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Its a good move for him and builds his experience further .
I confess to having a soft spot for this team as my mothers stepdad had an interest in the team in the 1930's and his wife, my great aunt used to tell me about them when I was small !
I firmly believe Patrick would relish the chance to manage Arsenal because he fell out big time with Wenger who despite the accepted story wanted him gone from Arsenal because Patrick not he ran the team and Im convinced he would love to come back and eclipse TOF !
His reputation in France is stellar and he is a passionate winner and clever too !

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:12 pm

I firmly believe Patrick would relish the chance to manage Arsenal because he fell out big time with Wenger who despite the accepted story wanted him gone from Arsenal because Patrick not he ran the team and Im convinced he would love to come back and eclipse TOF !
His reputation in France is stellar and he is a passionate winner and clever too !
I always felt that PV4 left reluctantly because he wasn't happy about the ex-managers youth project. he is too classy to have a pop at the ex-manager but he saw the way the club was going. TH14 braved it out for another two seasons then left for the same reason.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Huge Vieira fan. Not going to kid myself that he was undyingly arsenal through and through as he would quite happily have fucked off elsewhere.

But fuck me was he a world class football player. Would strengthen any football team in modern history. Brings so much to the table and would be a particularly huge asset in today’s more tactically flexible game as he could operate as part of a quality 2-man CM.

Respect the way he has quietly gone about trying to learn his craft and build his career.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Good luck to him lets hope in a few years time he'll be back :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Have we got an Emery out thread already :shock: