Premier League Fixtures

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Premier League Fixtures

Post by rodders999 »

City have more players at the WC than any other club in the world so getting them on the first day of the season is no bad thing, especially at home.

Really looking forward to the new season now, the dark days are over. :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Great news beating our title rivals within a week or two :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am
If we get a couple of reasonable results in the first two games, the next 8 are all winnable........on paper! If only we were an origami team!! :barscarf:
if we are not in the top 4 by the end of October then I am EMERY OUT 8)

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Can you imagine the atmosphere after two defeats if TOF was still in charge :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

Excellent start. Very happy with that. :barscarf:

Actually fancy us for 4 points from the first two games and if we can do that or even win both ... that sets us up for a good season superbly.

And if we only get a point so what. Its probably a point more than Wenger would have managed to get. It would also mean Emery could quietly and slowly start to build something in the next few fixtures.

This is so much better than getting and losing to someone West Ham at home like we've had in recent seasons.

Only pity is that it guarantees we will not be starting with a Saturday 3pm on my long awaiting return to the Emirates - although I doubt anyone noticed I was gone :(

Post by 1989 »

Can't wait for the season to start already. Fuck all that World Cup bollocks, this is the real deal.

Clash

Post by Clash »

1989 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 am
Can't wait for the season to start already. Fuck all that World Cup bollocks, this is the real deal.
Agreed mate. Really looking forward to it. Even more so now I've seen the fixtures.

Having said that, I always think I cant be bothered with the world cup and Euro's and then end up watching most of it and enjoying a lot of it.

It's better than a summer of fucking cricket!! :banghead: I always feel let down by people who like football when they starting to talk about cricket in the summer months. I fucking hate cricket! It almost makes golf look interesting ... almost! 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clash wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 am

Actually fancy us for 4 points from the first two games and if we can do that or even win both ... that sets us up for a good season superbly.

And if we only get a point so what. Its probably a point more than Wenger would have managed to get. It would also mean Emery could quietly and slowly start to build something in the next few fixtures.

This is so much better than getting and losing to someone West Ham at home like we've had in recent seasons.

Only pity is that it guarantees we will not be starting with a Saturday 3pm on my long awaiting return to the Emirates - although I doubt anyone noticed I was gone :(
we wouldn't have started at 3pm on Saturday whoever we had got.
those days are fading fast - I wouldn't be surprised if within 5 years there are NO Saturday 3pm PL fixtures

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 am
Clash wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 am

we wouldn't have started at 3pm on Saturday whoever we had got.
those days are fading fast - I wouldn't be surprised if within 5 years there are NO Saturday 3pm PL fixtures
Sadly I think you are right about that Rob.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC: The opening weekend in full 11th & 12 August 2018

Arsenal v Manchester City
Bournemouth v Cardiff City
Fulham v Crystal Palace
Huddersfield Town v Chelsea
Liverpool v West Ham United
Manchester United v Leicester City
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton v Burnley
Watford v Brighton
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton

New Arsenal boss Emery's tricky spells

Arsenal go into the season under new management after Unai Emery succeeded Arsene Wenger, who has left after 22 years in charge.

And the Spaniard has been given a testing opening to life in the Premier League.

After the opening-weekend game at Etihad Stadium, the Gunners travel to fellow top-six contenders Chelsea.

Emery also has a tough start to December, with a home north London derby against Tottenham on 1 December followed by a trip to Manchester United.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: BRING IT ON! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

If those first 3 games were under Tof's misguidance - It would already be utterly depressing.

Midz

Post by Midz »

1989 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 am
Totally. I haven't been as excited about the new season as this for a good few years.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

if we're still in a position to challenge for the title/ or on the flipside salvage top four qualification; in march, that run in from april onwards could really come to our rescue, albeit a few of those could be battling the drop.

the awaydays i was most looking forward to are new years unfortunately :banghead:

markyp

Post by markyp »

emery out by the end of the Chelsea game!! on a serious note its so hard to change your mind set after so many years of butt holings aginst the big teams that you forget this is a fresh start,at least we have a chance to win these sort of games now,bring it on!! :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Good to see that the league are already bending their own rules to help out the scum - league rules state that a club can only have one "home ground" in any season, but yet they are letting scum use wembley for their first game until their revamped shithole is ready :roll: :evil: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm
Good to see that the league are already bending their own rules to help out the scum - league rules state that a club can only have one "home ground" in any season, but yet they are letting scum use wembley for their first game until their revamped shithole is ready :roll: :evil: :evil:
Cùnts accommodating cùnts. :censored: