Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by Wilson »

I remember when he was a regular in the same midfield as Fabregas, Song, Nasri. He was only 18/19. I remember his MoM against Barcelona when we beat them 2-1, he single handedly kept us in it when it looked like Barcelona were going to flog us. He looked at home even against Xavi & Iniesta.

I thought for sure he would be our captain & be for us what Gerrard was to Liverpool, Lampard to Chelsea, Scholes to Man United.

Wilshere has to be one of the biggest disappointments in terms of what could have been, just like Anelka in 2000.

Mind you, I hope he does well at West Ham, & he now becomes my favorite player outside of Arsenal.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Good luck to him

augie

Post by augie »

I too wish Jack all the best - he could have been an absolute legend for us but sadly it wasnt meant to be :( I hope he has a great career whoever it is he plays for (except when he plays against us obviously), and I hope he matures and has a happy life away from football too 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:54 pm
A modern day Stewart Robson.
Hope he gets his career moving forward. He's a Gooner through and through.
I'll retract that... apparently was west ham as a kid and has fond memories of going to Upton park, so not a Gooner through and through.
Still, i wish him well.