Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: CESC FOR JACK?

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:43 pm
Was a quality player but now Fabregas is a chav rat to me. Fuck him.

"If you ever see me in a chelsea jersey you can strangle me...." :oops: :censored:

Who knows how Jack might kick on now with a better manager? Let's see. But tbh I'd give him one or two seasons at most to impress and stay fit and if he doesn't then I'd get rid.
He’s Shite
:lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The difference between the George Graham era players like Perry and the pampered pricks we now employ is that if the current squad were asked to run through a brick wall and we win the league ,one would feign injury ,another would ring his agent and try and get out of his contract, and another would make a token effort before writhing around on the floor.
Perry would simply ask if you wanted the wall knocked down in the center left or right !

Cesc has had his day and I don't think it would be a wise move ,Jack may still surprise us ! (this is the man who also said this of Nicholas Bendtner for years too )

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Jack has confirmed on Instagram that he's leaving

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It's a good move to let him go. He's not going to be a long term option , doesn't deserve the type of deal he thinks he does and this club has needed this type of decision making for years. It's a sign that the shit, wasteful sentimental contract extensions of that old *word censored*' s time are over. Emery has taken out the poster boy of the waste years in his first six weeks in the job. It's a message to the others that past actions and potential aren't going to fucking cut it any more. It's a good decision by the boss.

Re: Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by 1989 »

What's your favorite memory of Jack Wilshere?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It's been confirmed Jack is leaving. Hope he finds a club that can keep him fit and get him to be the player he has always threatened to be. Good luck and farewell.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: he’s shite

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 pm
THAT goal where he exchanged sublime one two with Giroud and slotted clinically. It was like something the Invincibles would have done. That and him taking the piss outa the scum after the FA Cup wins.

Was hoping he'd stay and prove himself with us but if Dick has told him he ain't gonna get much game time then he is right to leave. Like Podolski and AA23 (but for different reasons) he'll always be a player we should have got more out of and who should have had more success with us. Bit of a shame really but his input has been minimal over the last few years so he won't be missed the way the mercenary rat Sanchez is missed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:18 am
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: he’s shite
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 pm
It's a good move to let him go. He's not going to be a long term option , doesn't deserve the type of deal he thinks he does and this club has needed this type of decision making for years. It's a sign that the shit, wasteful sentimental contract extensions of that old *word censored*' s time are over. Emery has taken out the poster boy of the waste years in his first six weeks in the job. It's a message to the others that past actions and potential aren't going to fucking cut it any more. It's a good decision by the boss.
Have to agree. Had hoped Jack would prove himself with us but tbh he won't be missed given the extremely limited impact he has had for us over years and years at the club. Good to see Dick ain't fucking about with sentimentality.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As he is going and it ain't an option anymore :lol: I'm merging the "Cesc for Jack" thread into the main Jack Wilshere thread. Fuck you Flash. :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

In ways I'm sorry to see him go, he had something that most of the Wenger boys hadn't in recent years...But like most of the Wenger boys of recent years Jack isn't at a level he should be.
Wish him well, wonder where he will end up ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

1989 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 pm
Night we beat Barcelona 2-1...he was outstanding that night..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:09 am
In ways I'm sorry to see him go, he had something that most of the Wenger boys hadn't in recent years...But like most of the Wenger boys of recent years Jack isn't at a level he should be.
Wish him well, wonder where he will end up ?
He'll want to stay in Laaahndaahhn you slaaaag I'd imagine so my money is on west sham.

If he went somewhere like Newcastle he'd struggle to learn the language as he isn't the brightest. :lol: :wink:

richie powling

Post by richie powling »

going to miss him but i can see the reasons why he wasnt kept, main one been 92 league apps in 10 years and 150 apps in total, i know he missed a full season with a leg break but that is still not a good stat. think he will stay in london as he doesnt come across as the type to move abroad :shock: