Numpty pundits thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Numpty pundits thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 am
NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:29 pm
NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:08 pm
Roy Keane on ITV after disagreeing about a VAR saying we enjoy human error in the game.
Have to agree with him
:shock:

If technology exists why not use it?

Mixed opinions on this tbh - if it is accepted that players make mistakes, then why should match officials be any different ? At the same time, it really pisses me off when I basically watch the football equivalent of wwe every time a corner is awarded - defending set pieces used to be an art form as a result of coaching, but now players just wrap two arms around his oppenent and it is impossible for the referee to see it :evil:

My big knock on it is that it is be done purely for financial reasons - people will talk about a team being screwed out of a game due to poor decision(s), but the reality is that there is so much at stake financially in every game that fifa are afraid to do nothing :roll:

This 100%. How can that fuckwit Clattenberg have the neck to jump all over a rather subtle little nudge in the back by the Swiss boy on the Brazilian defender when we watch refs do nothing about the absolute bollox that is now allowed to go on in the box at corners.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Can i just nominate thus far every female pundit we have been subjected to and in advance the rest of them that we will have to endure. It is a fucking embarrassment to put female footballers on a panel and serves no purpose whatsoever. I am quite happy to be told what's what by Neville and co but some dame who plays in front of a couple of hundred of non paying family and friends now and then is just complete shite. Evra looks like he can't quite believe what's going on.

If the clubs want to run ladies teams then fine but let's not kid ourselves that there is any form of parity with the men's game and let them advance their game to whatever level they can without being funded by the men's game. Oh and that tart that now commentates on game highlights Sky/ MOTD? she has just crept in over the last couple of months - no!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:38 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:29 pm
NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:08 pm
Roy Keane on ITV after disagreeing about a VAR saying we enjoy human error in the game.
Have to agree with him
:shock:

If technology exists why not use it?
just because it exists doesn't mean it will improve the game.

I think it will kill the intensity in games as it's not an instant decision like goal line technology.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:04 am
Slaven Bilic with the best (and most appropriate) punditry ever! :lol:

Thought Wrighty was going to piss in his pants!

https://youtu.be/Wl35773W7Aw
Brilliant!!!! :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:49 am
Can i just nominate thus far every female pundit we have been subjected to and in advance the rest of them that we will have to endure. It is a fucking embarrassment to put female footballers on a panel and serves no purpose whatsoever. I am quite happy to be told what's what by Neville and co but some dame who plays in front of a couple of hundred of non paying family and friends now and then is just complete shite. Evra looks like he can't quite believe what's going on.

If the clubs want to run ladies teams then fine but let's not kid ourselves that there is any form of parity with the men's game and let them advance their game to whatever level they can without being funded by the men's game. Oh and that tart that now commentates on game highlights Sky/ MOTD? she has just crept in over the last couple of months - no!
This exactly 8)

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:46 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

This exactly 8)
100% there’s one who’s become a regular on final score and she uses every cliche in the book with “it was a real strikers goal” used every fucking time a goal is scored!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:46 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

This exactly 8)
100% there’s one who’s become a regular on final score and she uses every cliche in the book with “it was a real strikers goal” used every fucking time a goal is scored!!!
This these that them and those. Or in my native Dublin it'd be dis dees dat dem and doze. :D :wink:

The women have their own game, let them stick to it. They offer no insight to the men's game that a 10 year old boy footballer couldn't offer ffs. :roll:

Snowflake millennial pc tokenism horsefuckingshite is what it is. :censored:

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

Had to turn the commentary off for the England game. Keown talks such s..te

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Over here in Ireland we have a sort of a commentary legend in George Hamilton.

One of my favourite lines comes from a few years back.

"If that was offside then I'm a monkey's uncle"

:lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm

Hamilton disrespected Sir Nicholas Bendtnar, unforgivable sin...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:14 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm

Hamilton disrespected Sir Nicholas Bendtnar, unforgivable sin...
Millennial snowflake. :x :cussing:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gary Line-Aker. Absolute fuck head. :roll: :censored: Mr nice guy that speaks in platitudes and dull cliches and tries to insert the odd snide comment into his boring pc shite talk in some forlorn attempt to make himself look "edgy" every now and again. :oops: :roll: And an ex-tottnumb cùnt into the bargain. :censored:

Last night he just had to show the "impromptu" celebrations in the studio for England's late winner but obviously forgot to suck his big fat old belly in before he jumped up yelling and celebrating "just like a fan". Complete bellend. :roll: And a tubby one at that. :oops: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

All the women pundits have done (virtually) naked photoshoots. I'll let you google them :? ..... When you take yourself seriously love, then i'll do the same 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:33 am
All the women pundits have done (virtually) naked photoshoots. I'll let you google them :? ..... When you take yourself seriously love, then i'll do the same 8)
There's a man that does his research first :rubchin:

Good work fella :lol:

Post by 1989 »

Women and football don't ever mix. When will they learn?

Back to the kitchen love. Don't want to hear about what system you think Southgate should use.