Numpty pundits thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
elpelsarmy

Re: Numpty pundits thread

Post by elpelsarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:50 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:08 am
To be fair, what I have seen of Alex Scott`s punditry so far this world cup has been insightful and interesting, I would much rather listen to her than Jenus/Savage/Upson and the rest of the knobs who somehow get these jobs!
Have to be honest and say I think she's shit. Speaks in cliches. And yeah I know most of the male pundits do too but they played the game. Alex Scott has played a game that is about the same standard as under 14s boys football ffs. :lol:

She adds nothing beyond pc tokenism box ticking and that pointless shit grinds my shit to puree. :x
So if you played the game its ok to speak utter shit? But if you didn't play male pro football its not ok to say the same shit?
Do you have to have played the game to a certain level to have a respected opinion? If that was the case why do 95% of us talk about football all the time?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
To be fair, what I have seen of Alex Scott`s punditry so far this world cup has been insightful and interesting, I would much rather listen to her than Jenus/Savage/Upson and the rest of the knobs who somehow get these jobs!
Have to be honest and say I think she's shit. Speaks in cliches. And yeah I know most of the male pundits do too but they played the game. Alex Scott has played a game that is about the same standard as under 14s boys football ffs. :lol:

She adds nothing beyond pc tokenism box ticking and that pointless shit grinds my shit to puree. :x
Absofuckinglutely - today we experience history being made as some twenty something called Vicki commentates on the Portugal match. It doesn't feel that historic :(

The beeb panel is a real trawl through the depths as they serve up Upson, Jenas and Kilbane - this is why Sky own football cos the beeb play at it and in all honesty their brass couldn't give a fuck about football. Bunch of cu.nts

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:

Absofuckinglutely - today we experience history being made as some twenty something called Vicki commentates on the Portugal match. It doesn't feel that historic :(

The beeb panel is a real trawl through the depths as they serve up Upson, Jenas and Kilbane - this is why Sky own football cos the beeb play at it and in all honesty their brass couldn't give a fuck about football. Bunch of cu.nts
I agree with the commentating point, women`s voices being higher just doesn't work, as soon as they get excited it sounds like they are screeching, women pundits who talk and talk sense no problem but commentating does not work for the viewer

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:07 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:

I agree with the commentating point, women`s voices being higher just doesn't work, as soon as they get excited it sounds like they are screeching, women pundits who talk and talk sense no problem but commentating does not work for the viewer
Alison Mitchell is a very good cricket commentator, never played the sport as far as I am aware but really knows her stuff. I don't have a problem with Alex Scott tbh, she isn't awful (like Keown perhaps?) and at least she is nice to look at.

Post by 1989 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make 8)
Bet Alex Scott would look good swallowing. :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

Alex Scott has been on just about everything lately. Sky TV presenter and guest, Question of Sport, The Chase, the John Moston Mastermind, the other programme about Moston, and now presenter and panelist at the world cup. I dont dislike her but she isnt good enough to justify being on that much and its obvious she is being pushed on us.

Also a female colleague of mine (who isn’t at all interested in football for 22 out of every 24 months :roll: ) is not satisfied that there has been a girl pundit in some of the analysis. The reason she isn’t satisfied is because so far, there has only one girl and two guys. She thinks there should be times when the girls outnumber the boys or they should even have an all-female panel analysing the matches FFS :banghead: There is simply no reason for there to be any women pundits who have not played in the men’s game. If we're having women footballers talking about something they haven’t played, why not get someone in from the stands who hasn’t played it either?

It’s sad that so many women, even those claiming not be feminists, have had their minds poisoned by feminist thinking. They have been tricked into this false belief that they have been oppressed for decades (when for the most part they have been very privileged) and that now there is some making up to do. Many women these days seem to think they have to to be involved in the same stuff men are involved in … and that their views then need to be heard and automatically have equal merit.

And there appears to be this idea that women cannot be fulfilled unless they are enjoying the same things men enjoy. It doesn’t matter what it is, if you are man and you like something, a lot of women will at first oppose it …… until they realise it will not go away….. and then that is when they want to join in … so they pretend they like it too. Then they want to run it and take charge of it … often without really earning the right to … and that is when they ruin it.

Obviously I am generalising a bit too much. Not all women are rabid feminists or control freaks and many will agree that their anti-men agenda is wrong ... but even so a hell of lot of women really do not like men having a good time when it doesn’t involve them. I am sure we’ve all lost a good few mates over the years because their wives do not want them to have mates. Only very occasionally do some get granted a ‘’weekend pass’’ or a ‘’free pass for the night’’ Really what is this nonsense? Needing to get permission FFS!

Dont get me wrong, I am not some kind of misogynist. I live with 4 grown up women and although it does my head in at times and they very much dictate the mood - I like having them around for the most part. But the TV and films they watch are becoming close to unwatchable for me. It’s not just the garbage never-ending soaps and reality TV, in almost everything there is some agenda being pushed.

The Star Wars films have become infested with feminist propaganda of the worst kind. In the most recent one, while portraying a woman as being naturally brilliant at every single thing without the need for any form of training or time to learn, they also turned many boys childhood hero Luke Skywalker into in a bitter, cowardly, defeatist hermit. An absolute disgrace to Mark Hamill and the original trilogy!

Then we have the all female Ghostbusters, the new Ocean's 8 film with female cast (plus that fat prick James Corden :roll: ) and overblown stuff like Game of Thrones with these all powerful female characters. I accept you do not have to watch this stuff and generally I choose not to. But stuff I do like that isn’t supposed to be fantasy like GoT and is actually meant to be based on some form of real history (like Vikings or the pirates in Black Sails) we still have these ridiculous scenes where women are in control and petite females somehow manage to fight and defeat big muscular men almost twice their size. In reality it just wouldn’t happen and they would be smashed to a pulp.

Adverts and sitcoms are also full of subtle and not so subtle men bashing where the man is often portrayed as a childish idiot and the woman and/or the kids have to come along and put things right. It doesn’t offend me but it is bullshit ... and if it was done the other way round it would cause outrage!

This blatant ''equality'' agenda in many forms of life, work and entertainment really is fucking me off! Equality is very selective too. Feminist groups want women to be better represented in the workforce… but I’ve yet to see a demand for an increase in the number of women working down in the sewers.

( fuck! sorry for the somewhat off topic and initially unintended long rant :oops: )

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

1989 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:47 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
One swallow does not a summer make 8)
Bet Alex Scott would look good swallowing. :D

I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em out the park :high5:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm
Alex Scott has been on just about everything lately. Sky TV presenter and guest, Question of Sport, The Chase, the John Moston Mastermind, the other programme about Moston, and now presenter and panelist at the world cup. I dont dislike her but she isnt good enough to justify being on that much and its obvious she is being pushed on us.

Also a female colleague of mine (who isn’t at all interested in football for 22 out of every 24 months :roll: ) is not satisfied that there has been a girl pundit in some of the analysis. The reason she isn’t satisfied is because so far, there has only one girl and two guys. She thinks there should be times when the girls outnumber the boys or they should even have an all-female panel analysing the matches FFS :banghead: There is simply no reason for there to be any women pundits who have not played in the men’s game. If we're having women footballers talking about something they haven’t played, why not get someone in from the stands who hasn’t played it either?

It’s sad that so many women, even those claiming not be feminists, have had their minds poisoned by feminist thinking. They have been tricked into this false belief that they have been oppressed for decades (when for the most part they have been very privileged) and that now there is some making up to do. Many women these days seem to think they have to to be involved in the same stuff men are involved in … and that their views then need to be heard and automatically have equal merit.

And there appears to be this idea that women cannot be fulfilled unless they are enjoying the same things men enjoy. It doesn’t matter what it is, if you are man and you like something, a lot of women will at first oppose it …… until they realise it will not go away….. and then that is when they want to join in … so they pretend they like it too. Then they want to run it and take charge of it … often without really earning the right to … and that is when they ruin it.

Obviously I am generalising a bit too much. Not all women are rabid feminists or control freaks and many will agree that their anti-men agenda is wrong ... but even so a hell of lot of women really do not like men having a good time when it doesn’t involve them. I am sure we’ve all lost a good few mates over the years because their wives do not want them to have mates. Only very occasionally do some get granted a ‘’weekend pass’’ or a ‘’free pass for the night’’ Really what is this nonsense? Needing to get permission FFS!

Dont get me wrong, I am not some kind of misogynist. I live with 4 grown up women and although it does my head in at times and they very much dictate the mood - I like having them around for the most part. But the TV and films they watch are becoming close to unwatchable for me. It’s not just the garbage never-ending soaps and reality TV, in almost everything there is some agenda being pushed.

The Star Wars films have become infested with feminist propaganda of the worst kind. In the most recent one, while portraying a woman as being naturally brilliant at every single thing without the need for any form of training or time to learn, they also turned many boys childhood hero Luke Skywalker into in a bitter, cowardly, defeatist hermit. An absolute disgrace to Mark Hamill and the original trilogy!

Then we have the all female Ghostbusters, the new Ocean's 8 film with female cast (plus that fat prick James Corden :roll: ) and overblown stuff like Game of Thrones with these all powerful female characters. I accept you do not have to watch this stuff and generally I choose not to. But stuff I do like that isn’t supposed to be fantasy like GoT and is actually meant to be based on some form of real history (like Vikings or the pirates in Black Sails) we still have these ridiculous scenes where women are in control and petite females somehow manage to fight and defeat big muscular men almost twice their size. In reality it just wouldn’t happen and they would be smashed to a pulp.

Adverts and sitcoms are also full of subtle and not so subtle men bashing where the man is often portrayed as a childish idiot and the woman and/or the kids have to come along and put things right. It doesn’t offend me but it is bullshit ... and if it was done the other way round it would cause outrage!

This blatant ''equality'' agenda in many forms of life, work and entertainment really is fucking me off! Equality is very selective too. Feminist groups want women to be better represented in the workforce… but I’ve yet to see a demand for an increase in the number of women working down in the sewers.

( fuck! sorry for the somewhat off topic and initially unintended long rant :oops: )
Well said that man. I have been too lazy to do a full post on this but this is pretty much chapter and verse on where we are with the pc brigade forcing football equality down our necks. Your point about any old fucker from the stands being on a panel is also spot on. Why should somebody who plays a level of football that is quite frankly appalling qualify for this level of national exposure - it really is beyond belief. Womens football is the bastard baby of the men's game - unwanted by the vast majority.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

For fucks sake where is the kitchen sink when you need one!..... :cussing: :cussing:

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

Alex Scott or Chris Kamara. Eni Aluko or Robbie Savage. 2 0 to the girls I think

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bunting14 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:23 pm
Alex Scott or Chris Kamara. Eni Aluko or Robbie Savage. 2 0 to the girls I think
Really?! Have a word with yourself mate and next time you decide to do a bit of thinking.....think harder :rubchin:

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:14 pm
Bunting14 wrote:
Really?! Have a word with yourself mate and next time you decide to do a bit of thinking.....think harder :rubchin:
I have given it a lot of hard thought. Listening to those two idiots give their crass opinions for five years. T e women have been on five minutes and you slate them.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bunting14 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:29 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:14 pm
Bunting14 wrote:
I have given it a lot of hard thought. Listening to those two idiots give their crass opinions for five years. T e women have been on five minutes and you slate them.
Yeah two idiots who both made it in the professional game in this country at a level that few manage to achieve. They may not be the sharpest tacks and you may consider them crass but they both have a life times knowledge, experience and insight into the game which neither Scott nor Aluko will ever possess. So how do these two get onto a panel to give their expert opinion on a subject they are clearly not experts on? It's a pc driven agenda and it's fucking ridiculous.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Superb post mate and every word of it true. The pc millennial snowflake arseholes will be seriously offended by it but that's just a bonus. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:

So if you played the game its ok to speak utter shit? But if you didn't play male pro football its not ok to say the same shit?
Do you have to have played the game to a certain level to have a respected opinion? If that was the case why do 95% of us talk about football all the time?
Not everything they say is utter shit though is it ffs? The point being they have played the game at that level, they understand the intricacies and politics of the game, they can offer insight and behind the scenes knowledge that no woman can offer.

Alex Scott has played the shittest version of the game there is. I've watched and played in Sunday league games at a higher technical standard than any woman's game I've ever watched - and unfortunately I've had to watch a few as my 14 year old daughter is a huge fan of the Arsenal women's team. The standard is fucking appalling.

As said by someone earlier I'd rather they drag some fan out of the stands to give his opinions than have them force some pc agenda horseshit on me.

There is the men's game and there is the women's game. Two very different things. The women should stick to commenting on what they have knowledge of - the women's game.