Numpty pundits thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Numpty pundits thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:30 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 am
a
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:45 am
1989 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:20 pm
Lool

How miserable is Roy Keane btw?
:lol:

He's from Cork, dude. The Birmingham of Oireland. :lol: :wink:
Have to agree with our Dublin host, it seems that time forgot this blot on the landscape!
And don’t forget he is a c u n t
:shock:

To quote the great Spinal Tap "I'm just as God made me"

:lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:04 pm
I see the BBC's Dan Walker (who I find to be one of their more likeable presenters) has defended Alex Scott after hearing there has been criticism of female pundits.
'Alex Scott has been great at the World Cup. She does her research, knows the game, communicates it well, is a pleasure to work with and – because of this sort of stuff – has to work ten times harder to be accepted. 'It's not tokenism, the landscape is changing... for the better.'
Fair enough, I understand him backing up a colleague but she really works ten times harder does she? I wonder if he could back that statement up with any facts or evidence ... or whether it just sounded like a good thing to say. Ironically he is unintentionally admitting she isn’t as good as the rest - not if she’s had to work ten times harder just to be the same.

Seems like too many men - who no doubt like to think they are modern and well-adjusted in their thinking - are more the ones that actually treat women like they need help. Or like they are children. Encourage them, pander to them, let them get involved but don’t dare to criticise them etc. :roll:

I agree that he is one of the better presenters but he is still a beeb man so if you scrape under the surface you will find a hand wringing fully paid up member of the liberal pc brigade which his comments would tend to suggest is the case.

If we are going to be subjected to Alex Scott and co, which we clearly are, I would rather see them take on the presenting role - let's give her Dan's job instead. The beeb are desperate to be so so so pc (pay excepted :D which is the irony of it all). I would settle for that, I wonder how Dan would feel about it - no case to answer if she is as good as he says.....and works ten times harder than the rest of them.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Good to see Carlos Vela for Mekiko, still shit!.. :lol:

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Alex Scott is fine with me :oops:

Its the other one that talks nothing but basic rubbish.

Drogba & Zabaleta are cringey as fuck. Evra is pointless.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Riotof91 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 pm
Alex Scott is fine with me :oops:

Its the other one that talks nothing but basic rubbish.

Drogba & Zabaleta are cringey as fuck. Evra is pointless.
It shouldn’t matter what sex the person is, more that what they contribute is interesting and valid, rather than “ he’ll be pleased with that,” or some other banal comment that Joe Bloggs in the street could have offered up.

I would prefer to watch most matches with just the crowd sounds (not turned down) as I can form my own opinion about things.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The first channel to air football without commentators or punditry, will become an overnight sensation and fuck the likes of Mary Poppins Ian Wright in the pocket, cheap and cheerful and you can form your own opinion...
Fans who have special needs of commentators and pundits will be few and far between...
Actually VAR has taken away the tools that these individuals thrive on!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:39 pm
Clash wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:04 pm
I see the BBC's Dan Walker (who I find to be one of their more likeable presenters) has defended Alex Scott after hearing there has been criticism of female pundits.
'Alex Scott has been great at the World Cup. She does her research, knows the game, communicates it well, is a pleasure to work with and – because of this sort of stuff – has to work ten times harder to be accepted. 'It's not tokenism, the landscape is changing... for the better.'
Fair enough, I understand him backing up a colleague but she really works ten times harder does she? I wonder if he could back that statement up with any facts or evidence ... or whether it just sounded like a good thing to say. Ironically he is unintentionally admitting she isn’t as good as the rest - not if she’s had to work ten times harder just to be the same.

Seems like too many men - who no doubt like to think they are modern and well-adjusted in their thinking - are more the ones that actually treat women like they need help. Or like they are children. Encourage them, pander to them, let them get involved but don’t dare to criticise them etc. :roll:

I agree that he is one of the better presenters but he is still a beeb man so if you scrape under the surface you will find a hand wringing fully paid up member of the liberal pc brigade which his comments would tend to suggest is the case.

If we are going to be subjected to Alex Scott and co, which we clearly are, I would rather see them take on the presenting role - let's give her Dan's job instead. The beeb are desperate to be so so so pc (pay excepted :D which is the irony of it all). I would settle for that, I wonder how Dan would feel about it - no case to answer if she is as good as he says.....and works ten times harder than the rest of them.
haha good point mate. A fair minded man like Dan would love that :D

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

The entire ITV crew!
Retard Hoddle “Ingerland should win group as they beat Panama by a bigger winning margin than Belgium won any of their games” Holy fuck thatst the sort of comment I’d expect from a fucking 5 year old in a fucking playground!
The entire studio team agreeing at half time that it was obvious “Belgium had no desire to win the game “ based on their accumulation of yellow cards
This is after them having 2 excellent first half chances whilst ingerland not having a fucking shot!!
Aghhhhhhhh I can’t wait for the inevitable tears , snotters, and scapegoat when they get fucking beat!!!

Post by 1989 »

Loving the Irish bitterness on here. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:40 am
Loving the Irish bitterness on here. :D
Loving the "die hard" Gooners screaming like women for their tottnumb heroes.

:lol: :barscarf:

Next. 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Quote of the Year, by victim Danny Murphy, "Di Maria is just not of the quality expected"...
Cue Di Maria blasts in an 18 yard screamer... :mrgreen:

augie

Post by augie »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:49 pm
Quote of the Year, by victim Danny Murphy, "Di Maria is just not of the quality expected"...
Cue Di Maria blasts in an 18 yard screamer... :mrgreen:

Danny murphy is indeed a c.unt, but di maria is a gutless bottler who did one good thing in 47 minutes ............ but boy was it a good one :shock: 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Lee Dixon !! Has to be there with the worst
And my least favourite of our famous back 4 !

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:26 pm
The entire ITV crew!
Retard Hoddle “Ingerland should win group as they beat Panama by a bigger winning margin than Belgium won any of their games” Holy fuck thatst the sort of comment I’d expect from a fucking 5 year old in a fucking playground!
The entire studio team agreeing at half time that it was obvious “Belgium had no desire to win the game “ based on their accumulation of yellow cards
This is after them having 2 excellent first half chances whilst ingerland not having a fucking shot!!
Aghhhhhhhh I can’t wait for the inevitable tears , snotters, and scapegoat when they get fucking beat!!!
:lol:

But you got English friends, right :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Personally I am watching the Uruguay v Portugal cane with the sound turned down and music on.

I don't understand all the whinging about commentators, if you don't like them turn the tv down.

Let's be honest there are some on here who don't like any commentators if they're English (but have English friends :lol: ) or whatever other nationality and most of that comes down to previous rivalries or perceived biaise (or us nasty English bastards), so would be very hard to find someone that everyone on here likes.