Numpty pundits thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Numpty pundits thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck me just reading some of the pc snowflake defences of women pundits on here is so indicative of where we are as a society. :oops:

What in the actual fuck is wrong with being a man that likes to watch and do manly things? Why should we accept women (and pc arsehole blokes) forcing their agendas on every aspect of our lives?

I have news for the snowflakes. Men and women are different. We like mostly different things. Deal with it. This idea that men cannot enjoy something without women then jumping on to feel "included" is absolute shit.

Pisses me off during world cups or big finals when you see some poor fucker with his wife beside him in her new jersey and she has not got one fucking clue what she is watching but she has to feel included and part of it.

I really don't give a fucking shit if that offends any of you hen pecked fuckers either tbh. Man up ffs. :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

There are too many pundits on TV now , basically stealing a top up to their wealth.. What do they offer ? Cliched opinions and repetitive jargon in most cases is the answer. Then you have the co commentator , Ronnie Whelan , Brian Kerr or Jim Beglin on RTE, Whelan always seems to be driven by an agenda against a player or team, Kerr plays the pub comedian role and Beglin believes in his own importance too much.
Then on BBC we have Danny Murphy, another driven by his own biased agendas. Martin Keown of the monotone voice .
Why are they necessary at all? Go to a game and you have none of that so why do you need it to watch TV ?
" Join us in the studio for an hour long preview of Iran v Morroco by pundits who couldn't name one player in either starting line up an hour ago " type of thing.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:30 am
There are too many pundits on TV now , basically stealing a top up to their wealth.. What do they offer ? Cliched opinions and repetitive jargon in most cases is the answer. Then you have the co commentator , Ronnie Whelan , Brian Kerr or Jim Beglin on RTE, Whelan always seems to be driven by an agenda against a player or team, Kerr plays the pub comedian role and Beglin believes in his own importance too much.
Then on BBC we have Danny Murphy, another driven by his own biased agendas. Martin Keown of the monotone voice .
Why are they necessary at all? Go to a game and you have none of that so why do you need it to watch TV ?
" Join us in the studio for an hour long preview of Iran v Morroco by pundits who couldn't name one player in either starting line up an hour ago " type of thing.
And souness who is the best pundit out there is nowhere to be seen.

Instead they hire jermaine fucking Jenus.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:43 am
Bradywasking wrote:

Both these spot on!

There are so many male pundits who annoy me and just talk clichéd garbage that one woman pundit really cant do much worse, and as it happens when Ive seen her she has talked more sense than most so no problem, I would have an issue with it if she was clearly out of her depth and there for the tokenism of it but from what I have seen she is not so no problem.
Out of interest what are these insightful pieces of gold that Upson/Jenus/Evra/Savage/ give us that is born from the fact they "played the game" and that we should be eternally grateful for?
All I hear is the same shit you hear from anyone down the pub who clearly hasn't "played the game", no insight whatsoever.

augie

Post by augie »

Whatever bird was commentating on the bbc game yesterday afternoon was absolutely shocking - it wasnt her knowledge that fcuked me off, but her voice was flat and without any passion for the game and it sounded like she was reading from a book, or giving cooking instructions :roll: There are a few (my missus says a lot) of bad habits and opinions that I have consciously passed on to my eldest lad, but I can claim no credit for his opinions on tv coverage - throughout the world cup if he comes into the kitchen and the missus has the game on rte, he will complain and want it changed to bbc or itv, and I've never bothered to ask him why cos I am proud that he is seeing if for himself 8) Yesterday's game on bbc with that chick commentator changed his mind though, and back to rte we went.

Have to say that my missus opinion on women involved in football is excellent - she has constantly said that women have no place playing the game much less commentating on it, and she has slated the quality of the womens game on the few times she watched a few mins of a match. I dont want ye to get jealous now cos ye might think that I have a great wife or anything, cos believe me she can be a right bitch in other ways :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:18 am

Why should we accept women (and pc arsehole blokes) forcing their agendas on every aspect of our lives?

I have news for the snowflakes. Men and women are different. We like mostly different things. Deal with it. This idea that men cannot enjoy something without women then jumping on to feel "included" is absolute shit.

Pisses me off during world cups or big finals when you see some poor fucker with his wife beside him in her new jersey and she has not got one fucking clue what she is watching but she has to feel included and part of it.
All very valid points and in particular the poor fucker with his wife beside him at the footie. But this is all part of the bullshit that modern pc society demands and is a dream for the money men and their vision for football. It's why going to a match these days, for those of us who ever stood on a terrace week in week out with a group of mates, is such a truly sad soulless affair. But there are plenty of these modern snowflakey blokes who go to the football with their missus every game. They probably talk about their feelings at half time and what throw will match the cushions in the living room. The football 'experience' that I fell in love with years ago is long gone and who the fuck knows where it will be in another ten years time.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Both these spot on!

There are so many male pundits who annoy me and just talk clichéd garbage that one woman pundit really cant do much worse, and as it happens when Ive seen her she has talked more sense than most so no problem, I would have an issue with it if she was clearly out of her depth and there for the tokenism of it but from what I have seen she is not so no problem.
Out of interest what are these insightful pieces of gold that Upson/Jenus/Evra/Savage/ give us that is born from the fact they "played the game" and that we should be eternally grateful for?
All I hear is the same shit you hear from anyone down the pub who clearly hasn't "played the game", no insight whatsoever.
Bullshit, Snowy. :roll: :wink: Alex Scott is there for one reason. The pc equality agenda. If the criteria is experience playing the men's game at the top level then you have male players for that. She has the exact same experience of what she is watching as any intelligent reasonably well informed bloke in the crowd. None. So if the criteria is not actual experience of playing the men's game at the top level then why is she there and not John Smith from Dagenham? Because she is female and ticks the box. You are either on a wind-up here defending her shit input or extremely naive about modern society. :lol:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Both these spot on!

Bullshit, Snowy. :roll: :wink: Alex Scott is there for one reason. The pc equality agenda. If the criteria is experience playing the men's game at the top level then you have male players for that. She has the exact same experience of what she is watching as any intelligent reasonably well informed bloke in the crowd. None. So if the criteria is not actual experience of playing the men's game at the top level then why is she there and not John Smith from Dagenham? Because she is female and ticks the box. You are either on a wind-up here defending her shit input or extremely naive about modern society. :lol:
This has just gone weird!
I agree with everything you have just said, you are now agreeing with my point that having played the game does not make your input more valid than someone who hasn't, I played to a reasonable level but nowhere near pro and I think I know as much as the next man! I can hold my own on football with anyone, I don't need fuckin Jenus telling me what I already know. John Smith from Dagenham should be on there instead I agree.
My only point regarding Alex Scott is that her not playing the male game does not mean that she does not talk sense, from what I have heard she does talk sense so I don't have a problem, if she was there purely for the pc brigade and spoke shite then I do have a problem. Not sure why this makes me a snowy?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Alex Scott.......I most certainly would 8)

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:02 am
Alex Scott.......I most certainly would 8)

Absolutely - all the feminists wont be happy that we are thinking of her in that way :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:51 am
Whatever bird was commentating on the bbc game yesterday afternoon was absolutely shocking - it wasnt her knowledge that fcuked me off, but her voice was flat and without any passion for the game and it sounded like she was reading from a book, or giving cooking instructions :roll:

I said that after the bbc coverage of the portugal v morocco game and it seems that I am far from the only one to feel that way - many fans slated her and the bbc on social media, but it is pikey terry's comments which have grabbed the attention .......

BBC Sport's Vicki Sparks became the first female to commentate on a live World Cup match for British television during Portugal vs Morocco.
Sparks led coverage of the game from Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium for BBC One, with the former Arsenal defender Martin Keown alongside her summarising.

Meanwhile, Terry posted a video on his Instagram Story saying that he was "having to watch this game with no volume".

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... s-12752992

:lol: :lol: :lol:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 am
augie wrote:
Whatever bird was commentating on the bbc game yesterday afternoon was absolutely shocking - it wasnt her knowledge that fcuked me off, but her voice was flat and without any passion for the game and it sounded like she was reading from a book, or giving cooking instructions :roll:

I said that after the bbc coverage of the portugal v morocco game and it seems that I am far from the only one to feel that way - many fans slated her and the bbc on social media, but it is pikey terry's comments which have grabbed the attention .......

BBC Sport's Vicki Sparks became the first female to commentate on a live World Cup match for British television during Portugal vs Morocco.
Sparks led coverage of the game from Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium for BBC One, with the former Arsenal defender Martin Keown alongside her summarising.

Meanwhile, Terry posted a video on his Instagram Story saying that he was "having to watch this game with no volume".

and then started back-peddling immediately!! :D :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:06 am
augie wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 am
augie wrote:

and then started back-peddling immediately!! :D :D
saying the audio in his house went down :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:49 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Both these spot on!

This has just gone weird!
I agree with everything you have just said, you are now agreeing with my point that having played the game does not make your input more valid than someone who hasn't, I played to a reasonable level but nowhere near pro and I think I know as much as the next man! I can hold my own on football with anyone, I don't need fuckin Jenus telling me what I already know. John Smith from Dagenham should be on there instead I agree.
My only point regarding Alex Scott is that her not playing the male game does not mean that she does not talk sense, from what I have heard she does talk sense so I don't have a problem, if she was there purely for the pc brigade and spoke shite then I do have a problem. Not sure why this makes me a snowy?
Sorry mate you've totally misunderstood me there. :lol: I'm saying the criteria to be a pundit SHIOULD be experience playing the men's game at the top level. But if they take away that criteria just to justify having women pundits then why not go the whole hog and hire John Smith from Dagenham as he would have the same experience playing the men's game at the top level as every single female pundit - none.

The ONLY difference between every single female pundit and Smithy from Dagenham is they are female. PC agenda box ticked. :roll:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Sorry mate you've totally misunderstood me there. :lol: I'm saying the criteria to be a pundit SHIOULD be experience playing the men's game at the top level. But if they take away that criteria just to justify having women pundits then why not go the whole hog and hire John Smith from Dagenham as he would have the same experience playing the men's game at the top level as every single female pundit - none.

The ONLY difference between every single female pundit and Smithy from Dagenham is they are female. PC agenda box ticked. :roll:
[/quote]

I hear ya!! :barscarf:
and I agree its all pc bollox but...…………………………..

Alex Scott to be fair to her does talk a lot of sense from what ive heard so far whether she is entitled or qualified to or not, I usually don't think the same about Upson/Jenus/Evra etc etc I just find them irritating!