forum going slow

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: forum going slow

Post by augie »

Has anybody else got adverts for some heap of shite Seat car running along the top and down both sides of the page sometimes ? :? I get that there is always be an advertisement running along the top of the page, but this advert runs down the sides of the page and is very annoying :evil:

PS I have tried turning it off and on again 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 am
Has anybody else got adverts for some heap of shite Seat car running along the top and down both sides of the page sometimes ? :? I get that there is always be an advertisement running along the top of the page, but this advert runs down the sides of the page and is very annoying :evil:

PS I have tried turning it off and on again 8)
Those adverts are the result of an internet algorithm reading your data and direct marketing you. I'm guessing you drive a heap of shite Seat that needs updating.... :lol:

LeftyEwokUKIPtottnumb gets adverts for penis enlargers, growth hormones and Ewok sized gimp costumes... OneBardEwok gets adverts for the same stuff, plus anal lube... and 1989 gets tottnumb season ticket offers.... :lol: :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Taking ages to do anything again ,

Goonimp

Post by Goonimp »

Forum is fine for me if I use mobile data. Does shag all with broadband :rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:06 am
Taking ages to do anything again ,
Yep absolutely crawling on laptop for me and just not working on mobile again.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Goonimp wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:49 pm
Forum is fine for me if I use mobile data. Does shag all with broadband :rubchin:
Absolutely the same for me. Soooo slow on broadband. What have you changed? It's got to be sorted, as it's getting to the point of being unusable.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Mine is fast. Install Adblocker gets rid of those pesky ads

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Got a notification on the subject but thanks for whoever sent it . But seriously what the "F" is this all about.
phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 440: strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException' with message 'You have requested a non-existent service "".' in /home1/robburne/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php:805 Stack trace: #0 /home1/robburne/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(451): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition(NULL) #1 /home1/robburne/public_html/forum/phpbb/notification/manager.php(883): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get(Array) #2 /home1/robburne/public_html/forum/phpbb/notification/manager.php(872): phpbb\notification\manager->load_object(Array) #3 /home1/robburne/public_html/forum/phpbb/notification/manager.php(115): phpbb\notification\manager->get_method_class(Array) #4 /home1/robburne/public_html/forum/index.php(49): phpbb\notification\manager->load_notifications(Array) #5 {main} thrown in /home1/robburne/public_html/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 805

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Not getting ads in fact for about a minute not getting anything.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Wow we seem to be back to normal again what did you do , very quick for me now :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

corkbarry wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:40 pm

You sir are a genius. Just installed ad-block and normal service has been resumed :barscarf:

Does that mean that the ads we've been getting have fucked up the operation speed :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:36 pm
corkbarry wrote:

You sir are a genius. Just installed ad-block and normal service has been resumed :barscarf:

Does that mean that the ads we've been getting have fucked up the operation speed :shock:
I'd imagine so. The adverts often have heavy image content and that has to load before the page becomes properly active.

Also deleting cookies and history on your browser will speed everything up somewhat.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

corkbarry wrote:
Cheers Barry, :barscarf: worked a treat for me ( was getting pissed off it being so slow)
Just off to check all is well in the basement :wink: :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

corkbarry wrote:
So this is the answer everyone

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Seems to work so far.