Training

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JimmyAFC

Training

Post by JimmyAFC »

From what I can see what the limited vision of training it is so refreshing to see the lads put under proper drills, coaching and tactics under Emery and his assistants.

I'm loving the new coaching regime already.

Under Wenger you'd see every single session was exactly the same. Little one touch drills in a circle with no tactics, proper coaching, drills (defensively and offensively).

I honestly think the lads will be a new side this season. We stagnated so bad under the dictator we will finally see the talent and hard work of the players in the squad.

I'm excited!!

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Training

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:24 am
From what I can see what the limited vision of training it is so refreshing to see the lads put under proper drills, coaching and tactics under Emery and his assistants.

I'm loving the new coaching regime already.

Under Wenger you'd see every single session was exactly the same. Little one touch drills in a circle with no tactics, proper coaching, drills (defensively and offensively).

I honestly think the lads will be a new side this season. We stagnated so bad under the dictator we will finally see the talent and hard work of the players in the squad.

I'm excited!!
I absolutely agree with you. It was good to actually see the manager of the club talking to the players during training, telling them what to do, giving instructions and generally, you know, coaching them. The days of all this let them express themselves, don't shout to them when they're playing, aimless diorganisation are hopefully long fucking gone.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

That's what the fucker gets paid for!
I hope he works the balls off them, they were as much to blame as that previous regime, they all sat there and trousered the cash without batting an eyelid, cheating caaants.... :cussing:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

What I've seen from the training videos is Emerys assistant Carcedo (was it him????) getting very much involved with the players and shouting instructions all the time. He seems to be the main man together with Emery who leads the training.

Jesus, this can't get any more exciting as it is. I haven't watched anything official Arsenal videos or anything for a long time but now I've watched them all, especially the training videos.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Enger-land have shown how important set piece training is, it was utterly criminal how we neglected that with TOF.

when we had a corner I used to be far more worried that the opposition would score on a breakaway :oops: :evil: I so want to be able to get excited at corners to The Arsenal once more

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:46 pm
Enger-land have shown how important set piece training is, it was utterly criminal how we neglected that with TOF.

when we had a corner I used to be far more worried that the opposition would score on a breakaway :oops: :evil: I so want to be able to get excited at corners to The Arsenal once more

That's a bit of a myth mate. Wenger used to practice attacking corners and set pieces constantly in training. The problem was at the other end as he didn't believe in defending in general..... :|

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Anyone else see Bellerin collapse in a heap after some running drills on Arsenal.com?
It looks like he's never been worked hard in training.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm
Anyone else see Bellerin collapse in a heap after some running drills on Arsenal.com?
Wont be long before hes whinging like a bitch then the pampered pussy.

Midz

Post by Midz »

coaching
training

these are new words to most of them.

I'm excited for the new season.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm
Funny - it seems like someone is trying to make a point that in the past, it was a little easier. I wonder who that could be :rubchin: