Lucas Torreira - Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Lucas Torreira - Gooner

Post by 1989 »

Done dealio :barscarf:

Riotof91

Re: Lucas Torreira - Gooner

Post by Riotof91 »

Looked class at the World Cup but I'm reserved about this. Our team is too short as is.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 pm

cool. 8)

its up on Pravda now too. he will wear 11.

at that price and with that shirt number, I would think he goes straight in as first choice.

nice video of him sending greaseball flying.

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/f ... AAshZA.mp4

to be fair, a midfield disrupter does not have to be tall - batty, bowyer, savage, wise etc were all as annoying AF to play against, likewise nutty was only little but gave no fucks about winding up, hacking and taunting players - if he's tenacious enough, he's tall enough.

maybe hick nickname should be Tenacious T :D

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:11 pm
1989 wrote:

cool. 8)

at that price and with that shirt number, I would think he goes straight in as first choice.

to be fair, a midfield disrupter does not have to be tall - batty, bowyer, savage, wise etc were all as annoying AF to play against, likewise nutty was only little but gave no fucks about winding up, hacking and taunting players - if he's tenacious enough, he's tall enough.

Nutty played in a team with giants alongside him (TA6, PV4, bould, keown etc) so he didnt need to be tall tbf, and I will also say that not one of the 4 you mention were hardmen and were just irritating talentless prix :roll: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

This aint a question aimed at torreira as such, but how much holidays does a pro footballer need to be fair to him ? In this case there is no doubt that torreira has had a long hard season and will need time to refresh the batteries, but how long should be viewed as acceptable ? If I'm in his place now I know that I badly need some down time, but I am also conscious of the fact that the new English season is starting in 4 weeks time and I don't want to miss that. I am aware that I will need to return in time to be match fit for the first game, and that I will have had time to get accustomed to my new team-mates and vice versa, plus I know that I need to start learning a new language asap :worried:

Obviously views on this are subjective, and I as a fan want him available and ready to play for first league game, but that has to be balanced out with a need to not burn him out early doors and have him break down halfway through the season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:48 pm
clockender1 wrote:
1989 wrote:

cool. 8)

Nutty played in a team with giants alongside him (TA6, PV4, bould, keown etc) so he didnt need to be tall tbf, and I will also say that not one of the 4 you mention were hardmen and were just irritating talentless prix :roll: :censored:
Bullshit. PV4 was a great player but had a yellow streak a mile wide down his back ffs. All mouth and cowered like a bitch when Keane called him out. :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
1989 wrote:

I said they were disrupters not hardmen.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:21 pm
augie wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
1989 wrote:

cool. 8)

Bullshit. PV4 was a great player but had a yellow streak a mile wide down his back ffs. All mouth and cowered like a bitch when Keane called him out. :roll:

I also remember nutty giving it all mouth to di canio when he pushed over that wimpy referee, but as soon as he though that di canio was gonna hit him he jumped back like a scared little girl and a trickle of urine ran down his leg :lol: :lol: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Wtf? Torreira is on holiday now until early August :shock: :o - we've got Man City on 12th August! He's never going to be fully integrated in time having missed pre-season :?

markyp

Post by markyp »

if Torreira is a hit with us then I fully expect Barca or Real to come in for him within a couple of years as per :(

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:24 pm
Wtf? Torreira is on holiday now until early August :shock: :o - we've got Man City on 12th August! He's never going to be fully integrated in time having missed pre-season :?

It'll be fine. Torreira knows what he's up to, it's the rest of the side who will be confused by having somebody screening the CBs and doing the dirty work.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Surely footballers are entitled to 4 weeks holidays a year the same as most employees of any business or company,obviously they would expect to take those holidays during the off season if not involved in International tournaments .

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:23 pm
Surely footballers are entitled to 4 weeks holidays a year the same as most employees of any business or company,obviously they would expect to take those holidays during the off season if not involved in International tournaments .

No business would give an employee 4 weeks holidays based on the hours he worked for a previous employer :wink: :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:13 pm
This aint a question aimed at torreira as such, but how much holidays does a pro footballer need to be fair to him ? In this case there is no doubt that torreira has had a long hard season and will need time to refresh the batteries, but how long should be viewed as acceptable ? If I'm in his place now I know that I badly need some down time, but I am also conscious of the fact that the new English season is starting in 4 weeks time and I don't want to miss that. I am aware that I will need to return in time to be match fit for the first game, and that I will have had time to get accustomed to my new team-mates and vice versa, plus I know that I need to start learning a new language asap :worried:

Obviously views on this are subjective, and I as a fan want him available and ready to play for first league game, but that has to be balanced out with a need to not burn him out early doors and have him break down halfway through the season
Expect he'll be right to be starting for the game against the Chavs. The City game is probably too soon for him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Are people really having a moan about his height? Thank fuck we never signed Makelele or Kante.

Impressed me in the World Cup, seems a nasty little prick who is absolutely happy to defend and defend. Sounds pretty good to me.