Lucas Torreira - Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Lucas Torreira - Gooner

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:39 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 am
1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:37 am
augie wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:06 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:12 pm
Which physically imposing players has Kante been playing alongside? Drinkwater, Fabregas? The guy is class and doesn’t need anybody else to bully opponents for him.

Matic for sure, and you could certainly say that he wasnt as influencial last season without him
Lol, Kanté dosent need anyone to hold his hand in midfield. He's an animal and if anything, he's the one carrying "giants" like Pogba.

Which is why he was second (to giroud) as the worst player france had on sunday :roll: It was only when they brought on nzonzi that france looked secure and gained control of the midfield
Kanté played with a stomach bug, confirmed by the French FA.

And lol at lauding Nzonzi :lol: The bloke hardly kicked a ball all world cup for fucks sake. :lol:

And karius had concussion in the champions league final as was confirmed by liverfools fc, the boston red sox, the boston medical centre that did the tests, and by the victims owners who live (and own) half of boston :roll:

Btw I dont need my DM to be a playmaker - I need him to protect the back 4, win some tackles, and to nullify the oppostions best player and he certainly lessened modric's influence when he came on
Last edited by augie on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:43 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:23 am
Not at all - tbh I havent seen enough of him to judge one way or another so I'm not gonna start knocking him already. What I am saying though, is in general I prefer my CDM's to be big powerful guys (over 6ft tall), but maybe that is the traditionalist in me. What I am also adding is that all this love of kante is totally ignoring the reality that he has been at his most successful when he had a big player alongside him - I dont think that anyone can dispute that last season he was nowhere near as influencial without matic alongside him
Danny Drinkwater is big? :?

FFS have a word with yourself - I NEVER mentioned drinkwater, and I dont know why anyone would seeing as he was a perpetual sub :roll: Actually mentioning him doesnt even support your argument seeing as he was only with them for last season, and I had already said that he wasnt as good last season as the season before with matic

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:55 pm
1989 wrote:
augie wrote:
Not at all - tbh I havent seen enough of him to judge one way or another so I'm not gonna start knocking him already. What I am saying though, is in general I prefer my CDM's to be big powerful guys (over 6ft tall), but maybe that is the traditionalist in me. What I am also adding is that all this love of kante is totally ignoring the reality that he has been at his most successful when he had a big player alongside him - I dont think that anyone can dispute that last season he was nowhere near as influencial without matic alongside him

FFS have a word with yourself - I NEVER mentioned drinkwater, and I dont know why anyone would seeing as he was a perpetual sub :roll: Actually mentioning him doesnt even support your argument seeing as he was only with them for last season, and I had already said that he wasnt as good last season as the season before with matic
i think he meant at Leicester...

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:24 pm
augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
augie wrote:

My bad :oops: :oops: :oops:

However the point I made last week was that a small DM on his own isnt enough, but I cited examples in the past where teams might have tough uncompromising defenders (like huth and morgan) which would reduce (by not totally eradicate) the need for a big physical DM

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 pm
augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
augie wrote:

However the point I made last week was that a small DM on his own isnt enough, but I cited examples in the past where teams might have tough uncompromising defenders (like huth and morgan) which would reduce (by not totally eradicate) the need for a big physical DM
dont worry i hear frimpong is looking for a new club! love to see kane get frimponged!

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 pm
augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
augie wrote:

So your argument went from being "he can't succeed without a big imposing midfielder next to him" to "he had big tough center halves doing the physical bit for him". :lol:

Every team features such center backs not just Leicester, lol.

Kanté bossed the league alongside bloody Drinkwater in a 2 man midfield and you're still trying to understate his physical ability despite his size. Amazing.

augie

Post by augie »

Read back over my comments about the position recently and you will find that I said that, in most teams there will be a few tough uncompromising players ready to "mix it" when necessary, but I pointed out that we have in recent seasons got a team of fannys and that a DM on our team will need to be big and physical cos he willget no help from anyone else :roll:

Just to clarify (again), I am not knocking torreira cos I know fcuk all about him and didnt see much of his games at the world cup - I have never bought into the suggestion that a DM also needs to be a good ball player cos my belief is that the man is there to win the ball and just give it to the more talented bloke playing alongside him. I seriously hope that torreira is THE MAN for us cos I have for a decade now, bemoaned the lack of a proper DM in our squad.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blinkered.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Limited.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:D :wink:

Blade

Post by Blade »

he has high wear/tear style.

Stay fit man

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lucas Torreira has confirmed to Uruguayan publication Ovacion that he will begin pre-season training with #Arsenal next Monday. https://t.co/f5woQESOOn

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Seen this doing the rounds on twitter, for his song:

"And then I saw his face,
Lucas Torreira!
Not a trace, a doubt in my mind
I'm in love, Lucas Torreira!"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gp543 wrote: