Freddie

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Freddie

Post by clockender1 »

great to see him yesterday working with the U-23's. likewise the new boss - very active and demonstrative with the kids :

those of us that had the privilege to watch him week in and week out, know of his tireless hard work and aggression, which seems to be translating into his coaching style.

it almost seems overnight that our club's culture has changed for the better - and Freddie's never say die, always running. never back down attitude is going to bode well for the U-23 squad and maybe even the first teamers.

for me, like Parlour before him, Freddie was the glue of that great team. I see him as assistant first team coach in the next five years easy.

:barscarf:

augie

Re: Freddie

Post by augie »

Obviously it was a song that was sang on many occasions that season, but the renditions of "we love you Freddie" against the chavs in the Cardiff cup final were as loud as anything I have ever heard at a game 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Legend.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Looks like he could still do a bit too. 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

What I like most about this is the fact that the training kit is clearly supposed to be white or grey socks and he's just gone "Fuck it, I'll wear black." He was never one for doing things the normal way.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I swear he is saying "listen up maggots" in that second pic. :lol:
Last edited by clockender1 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Freddie should show them some clips of him and Bergkamp dragging us across the line late in the 2002 Double season.

I can hear him now.... "Look you pampered little fuckers - this is what hunger drive ambition and never say die attitude can get you".

8)

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Great little player who gave everything and never let his team mates down.

His cup final goal against Chelsea with Dixon celebrating behind the goal before it went in is a personal favourite of mine.

Terrific to see him back at the club in a coaching capacity.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertone wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 am

His cup final goal against Chelsea with Dixon celebrating behind the goal before it went in is a personal favourite of mine.

That was a superb moment. Saw Dixon asked why he celebrated so early and he said he knew it was in the second it left Freddie's foot. 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:41 pm
goonertone wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 am

That was a superb moment. Saw Dixon asked why he celebrated so early and he said he knew it was in the second it left Freddie's foot. 8)
Yeah loved it - particularly the way the 5’8 Freddie shrugged aside “man mountain” John Terry before curling a peach into the top corner - must mention too for Wright one on one with Chris Woods v Sheffield Wednesday in the 93 replay, in the backdrop, roughly halfway line Merse with arms aloft celebrating before the ball is sweetly tucked away :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He scored nearly every game in the run-in in 2002. If ever a player turned up to carry their side over the line in a title race it was Freddie that year. Every fucking game.

And the cup final for good measure. Remember having a red Mohican sprayed in my hair (was a kid at the time to be fair!) like about 15000 other people in Cardiff. What a day.

Post by 1989 »

We love you Freddie cuz you've got NO hair... :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 pm
He scored nearly every game in the run-in in 2002. If ever a player turned up to carry their side over the line in a title race it was Freddie that year. Every fucking game.

And the cup final for good measure. Remember having a red Mohican sprayed in my hair (was a kid at the time to be fair!) like about 15000 other people in Cardiff. What a day.
Night matches v Ipswich and West Ham at Highbury were a bit tense till we scored - think he also opened the scoring away at Bolton, :barscarf:
:barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yep and scored in the other two games - 6 in 5 and then so nearly scored Wiltord’s goal at Old Trafford!

Made up for it in the cup final though :wink:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:23 am
Freddie should show them some clips of him and Bergkamp dragging us across the line late in the 2002 Double season.

I can hear him now.... "Look you pampered little fuckers - this is what hunger drive ambition and never say die attitude can get you".

8)
Correct, little caaaants.... :box: