Matteo Guendouzi - Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Matteo Guendouzi - Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:21 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:58 am
Tbh I'd drop numbnuts Xhaka and put the Dozer in from the first game. Sink or swim. He's either good enough to be on first team wages or he's not. Let's find out.

I think we have to change the way we think about young players. Forget the old ideas of "you don't want to burn him out too early" and thinking of players as long term investments in the clubs future. The game has changed vastly. Players are no longer interested in putting 10 years in at a club. They (and their parasite scum agents) want that next signing on fee. So fuck em use them while we can and burn them out if necessary and then get rid. The best ones won't burn out and will show they are good enough.

It's an elite sport where players are paid millions. They are not entitled to be paid that money they have to earn it and if they are not good enough then tough go get a real job.

Now before the usual idiots whine about "you can't have a team full of inexperienced kids" I'm not saying that. I'm saying if you have one kid that looks good enough, then instead of the old way of drip feeding him into the team, I say throw him in and demand he deliver. Of course this won't work for every player but some will step up. I'd particularly do it where you are replacing shit like Xhaka and have nothing to lose.

How we use players should be for the club's benefit, not theirs.

Alongside who then ? Please dont say elninny cos otherwise the men in white coats will be on their way for you. Tbh right now I would play the kid alongside xhaka unless torreira is up to speed by then
Obviously alongside whichever one of Elneny, Torreira or even Xhaka is least shit at any given time or whichever one adapts the best to that role in Dick's new system, whatever that may finally be. The point is already he looks better than Xhaka and Elneny.

That's the problem with having so many mediocre midfielders, a new kid can come in and immediately look better than what we have. In fairness he is a very clever signing by whoever scouted him and from what I have seen of him so far I have been impressed by his ability to pick a forward pass. There is enough experience in our side to accomodate Hair Bear and I would rather watch him develop his game this season than watch the same old same old from one of the usual suspects. I'm also hoping that Lichsteiner has the legs to play in the PL even if for just one season.

Post by 1989 »

Right, this kid is a top talent and I'm fully on the hype train.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

1989 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:05 pm
So out of character for you to get carried away mate :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

1989 wrote:
I think it's great to have a young player that inspires some belief. Good luck to him and hope he does well for us.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

herbert wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:09 pm
shu wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:55 am
more like the leader of the hair bear bunch , if you are old enough you might remember.
:D
Your a bit too old for Care Bears, fleck I never forget avin to decorate my daughters room with that wallpaper :lol:

Post by 1989 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 pm
1989 wrote:
So out of character for you to get carried away mate :barscarf:
I'm getting carried away alright. :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I like what I see. He has speed in what he does & always seems to want to play the one two ball. Don't know what he's like in the box yet or shooting from outside. We'll see !!. Hoping for the best. Start him ahead of all other midfielders including Ozil. :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the Kid did good - his last game before starting for The Arsenal against the Champions was in front of 8,000 in the French Div.2 .

he showed no fear and made a lovely spun pass over the top for the 2nd offside goal.

he got the thumbs up from keown too for the way he played after that dreadful mistake.

he's a find I think. :barscarf:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Apart from the shot he put into box level I was impressed by his performance in the main. There could be a lot to come from this kid if he can keep the hair out of his eyes.

shu

Post by shu »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:02 pm
herbert wrote:
shu wrote:
more like the leader of the hair bear bunch , if you are old enough you might remember.
Your a bit too old for Care Bears, fleck I never forget avin to decorate my daughters room with that wallpaper :lol:
Hair bear not care bear , get it right you botched that up lol :barscarf:

There is a joke in there for the older readers

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

shu wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:02 pm
herbert wrote:
shu wrote:
Hair bear not care bear , get it right you botched that up lol :barscarf:

There is a joke in there for the older readers
http://ak.agp.imgag.com//product/agp/ga ... stplay.jpg

Just for you, Shu...... :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I like the guy. Think he has a lot more about him than one-game wonders like Frimpong and Eastmond.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Make this kid the captain. He's got more leadership skills than cech, ramsey, ozil and koscielny put together

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Looks a good little passer, and can receive the ball under pressure

What is his role / position though ?