Matteo Guendouzi - Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Matteo Guendouzi - Gooner

Post by clockender1 »

I just saw the pics of him signing with Sven on twitter.

:barscarf:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ning-video

Guendouzi signed a four-year deal and was filmed penning his contract at the club’s Colney training base under the watchful eye of Sven Mislintat

amazing isn't it ? - its taken the new guy six weeks to decide want he wants and go get them - six signings.

Re: Matteo Guendouzi - Gooner

Post by 1989 »

6 signings and we're only in July.

I really miss the old fraud. It was much better when we sat on our money and made no forays in the transfer window what with all the "internal solutions" we had at our disposal.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

1989 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:12 am
6 signings and we're only in July.

I really miss the old fraud. It was much better when we sat on our money and made no forays in the transfer window what with all the "internal solutions" we had at our disposal.
Telling us making signings during the world cup is impossible while he sits in South Africa or Brazil taking cash for being a pundit

Great to have these new players and apart from Torreira all have a pre season with us :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Guendouzi signed a four-year deal and was filmed penning his contract at the club’s Colney training base under the watchful eye of Sven Mislintat

amazing isn't it ? - its taken the new guy six weeks to decide want he wants and go get them - six signings.

To be balanced here, the speed and efficiency with which these deals have been done is more down to mislintat than dick.

Where the contrast to the old french fcuk comes in is that he obstructed and stalled the deals while he dithered and fcuked about when he was in england, and when it was a world cup or euro's summer, he was too busy fcuking about on the beaches in his horrendous speedo's ( :puke: ) and coining tv money to do his real job

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:54 pm

It's absolutely mental if you think about it. This new way of working and dividing responsibilities among professional people is clearly working. Yes, we haven't won anything yet but so far so good. So fucking good! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

i'm starting the lose count :barscarf:

honestly happy to see jack go, with torreira and guendouzi coming in. just need ramsey to sign a contract and we're all good

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:08 am
i'm starting the lose count :barscarf:

honestly happy to see jack go, with torreira and guendouzi coming in. just need ramsey to sign a contract and we're all good
I still think we need some width unless he is going to give Rhys Nelson a chance , we don't know however how he is going to set up?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Welcome Doozy. :redwhite:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:11 am

Great to have these new players and apart from Torreira all have a pre season with us :barscarf:

maybe he'll play Guendouzi until Torreira is up to speed - if he doesn't get picked for Frances U-20 squad,

in any case, it seems there is a lot of competition for a starting spot pretty much throughout the team now.
a

nd judging by what Arsenal’s head coach has had to say about midfielder, he has not just been brought in as one for the future.

“He [Guendouzi] wants to learn and improve and will be an important part of our first-team squad,” Emery explained.

“We are delighted Matteo is joining us. He is a talented young player and a lot of clubs were interested in him. He has big potential and gained good first-team experience last season with Lorient.”

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

signed at 11am. and he started training at 1pm with the first team.

these comments are from the Irish Mirror :
On the topic of showing his new boss what he can do, Guendouzi wasted no time introducing himself personally.

Photographers captured the moment he shook hands with the gaffer, who has had the youngster on his radar for a number of years.

Once again Guendouzi showed no nerves on what could have been overwhelming for a 19-year-old, who has just left his home nation to forge a career abroard. In fact, it seems Guendouzi did nothing but showcase his confidence and maturity on Wednesday - and Emery, looking to build a mentally strong squad, will love that.

Guendouzi met his new team-mates for the first time on Wednesday, but interacted with the squad as if he had been part of it for years.

It's yet unknown the role Guendouzi will play for Arsenal this season, how he will be deployed by Emery, and the amount of game time he will get.

But one thing we do know - judging by Wednesday's training pictures - is that the Frenchman is an imposing individual.

The sheer size of the midfielder would worry any opposition player, and should come to his aid in the typically physical Premier League.
it all sounds good to me. :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If he could just give Cher her wig back though....

:lol:

But yeah I'm liking the confidence of the lad. No shrinking violet this one 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:11 am

What you mean “ if he could turn back time”........the time machine comes into play once more, I knew it would come in handy onebard.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:13 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

What you mean “ if he could turn back time”........the time machine comes into play once more, I knew it would come in handy onebard.
:barscarf: :lol:

And in an incredible turn of events I've just read that Matteo is Italian for Michael and Guendouzi is Italian for fox !! :shock:

OK I might have made that up.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

he looks like Peter Andre with a perm.

Midz

Post by Midz »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

he looks like Peter Andre with a perm.
who, the fox?