Matteo Guendouzi - Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Matteo Guendouzi - Gooner

Post by Midz »

He's played three and had three good games so far - what a refreshing sight.

Post by 1989 »

Would like to see him out of the team for a bit, just so he doesn't get burnt out. He needs protecting considering his age. Play Torreira who's surely earned a start.

NickF

Post by NickF »

1989 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:41 pm
Would like to see him out of the team for a bit, just so he doesn't get burnt out. He needs protecting considering his age. Play Torreira who's surely earned a start.
You would drop arguably one of our best players in the three games? He's 19 years and 3 games into the season- I wouldn't worry about burn out quite yet.

Post by 1989 »

He's still a teenager though and must be managed carefully. Thought he showed his inexperience vs the shammers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:15 pm
1989 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:41 pm
You would drop arguably one of our best players in the three games? He's 19 years and 3 games into the season- I wouldn't worry about burn out quite yet.
Exactly. Jesus if he has to be "protected" then what the fuck is he doing in the PL ffs? Fucking snowflake generation. :roll: :lol: Play him. If he's good enough he's old enough.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If we are going to give a midfielder a rest or drop them or whatever the fuck you want to call it there is only one candidate and it ain’t this guy.

GTG

Post by GTG »

1989 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:17 am
He's still a teenager though and must be managed carefully. Thought he showed his inexperience vs the shammers.
Yeah I thought that and absolutely agree with you.

He's a very rough diamond who at the moment is playing full on confidence..... if he drops a howler like he almost did against Aguero it could knock his confidence. He needs carefully managing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GTG wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:28 am
1989 wrote:

He's a very rough diamond who at the moment is playing full on confidence..... if he drops a howler like he almost did against Aguero it could knock his confidence. He needs carefully managing.
Don't agree at all tbh. Everything I've read about him and seen from him says he is a very confident player and personality. He's been our best player in all 3 games and has dropped a couple of clangers but rather than shrink from that he just got stuck back in and upped his game in response. Confidence is not an issue for this kid. Some players have that at an early age. The Dozer is one of them.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:00 am
GTG wrote:
1989 wrote:

Don't agree at all tbh. Everything I've read about him and seen from him says he is a very confident player and personality. He's been our best player in all 3 games and has dropped a couple of clangers but rather than shrink from that he just got stuck back in and upped his game in response. Confidence is not an issue for this kid. Some players have that at an early age. The Dozer is one of them.
Try telling a 19 year old you're dropped so you don't burn out, not only will he tell you to fuck off, but expect a written transfer request on yer desk come the morn!
Honestly I have to agree with DB, what have we become?
Wenger is gone! stop fucking acting like Wenger, next you will be putting him on the left wing.... :cussing:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:00 am
GTG wrote:
1989 wrote:

Try telling a 19 year old you're dropped so you don't burn out, not only will he tell you to fuck off, but expect a written transfer request on yer desk come the morn!
Honestly I have to agree with DB, what have we become?
Wenger is gone! stop fucking acting like Wenger, next you will be putting him on the left wing.... :cussing:
Yes this kid needs to keep playing :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Am I the only one who felt that dick seems to have put guendouzi in the 6 position (cdm) yesterday ? It seemed to me that he was just sitting in front of the back 4 and had sacrificed his high energy pressing game :shock: Maybe he is just tired after the first few games in a new 100 miles an hour league, but that wouldnt bode well imo

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 am
Am I the only one who felt that dick seems to have put guendouzi in the 6 position (cdm) yesterday ? It seemed to me that he was just sitting in front of the back 4 and had sacrificed his high energy pressing game :shock: Maybe he is just tired after the first few games in a new 100 miles an hour league, but that wouldnt bode well imo
I thought that Guendouzi and Xhaka were playing together as a defensive wall which should have allowed Ramsey the freedom to go forward, they were both collecting the ball from the centre backs and in Xhaka`s case then giving the ball away!