Borehamwood AWAY Sat July 14th - 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Borehamwood AWAY Sat July 14th - 3pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:20 pm
He may not have actually scored but Giroud was the first player to the ref and clearly led the protests for the penalty decision so he claims credit for his efforts there :lol:
Technically then he could do a Fat Tongue and claim that goal. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:07 am
We're spoilt to have Aubameyang and Lacazette. Both top drawer strikers and what's more, they seem to have struck up a lovely partnership.

Can see them both banging them in for fun this season. Lacazette will be fired up even more following the french world cup snub as well.
Jesus Christ mate I'm all for a bit of positivity but let's not lose the plot ffs. :oops: :lol:

Neither are currently "top drawer". Lacazette was hit and miss all last season and was exposed for his lack of true pace. Aubamayang certainly looks to have a bit about him but was also worryingly anonymous for some of the games he actually played last season. They both have everything to prove and hopefully they will but let's not go into hysterical schoolgirl mode until they do. :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:09 am
1989 wrote:
We're spoilt to have Aubameyang and Lacazette. Both top drawer strikers and what's more, they seem to have struck up a lovely partnership.

Can see them both banging them in for fun this season. Lacazette will be fired up even more following the french world cup snub as well.
Jesus Christ mate I'm all for a bit of positivity but let's not lose the plot ffs. :oops: :lol:

Neither are currently "top drawer". Lacazette was hit and miss all last season and was exposed for his lack of true pace. Aubamayang certainly looks to have a bit about him but was also worryingly anonymous for some of the games he actually played last season. They both have everything to prove and hopefully they will but let's not go into hysterical schoolgirl mode until they do. :lol: :wink:
I dont know mate i thought Aboomerang was excellent last season. Lacazette has the potential to be excellent and without the "wenger effect" might be outstanding this year

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:20 pm
He may not have actually scored but Giroud was the first player to the ref and clearly led the protests for the penalty decision so he claims credit for his efforts there :lol:
Technically then he could do a Fat Tongue and claim that goal. :D
That's a good point and then using the Fat Tongue rule book of claiming goals the French peacock could also lay claim to the goal against Peru when Mbappe finished off his shot from two yards out - so let the Fat Tongue history book show Giroud actually scored twice at the WC :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:

I dont know mate i thought Aboomerang was excellent last season. Lacazette has the potential to be excellent and without the "wenger effect" might be outstanding this year
They certainly might be. But they aren't yet in my book. Lacazette is all potential and the Boomerang was equal parts brilliant and shit last season tbh. Hopefully Dick can get the best out of them and with Ozil's ability to create chances we might have a strike force to be reckoned with... but for 1989 to say they are both "top drawer" is incorrect. Aguero is top drawer, Salah is top drawer, Fat Tongue is top drawer. Hopefully our two lads will become top drawer.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:35 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:

They certainly might be. But they aren't yet in my book. Lacazette is all potential and the Boomerang was equal parts brilliant and shit last season tbh. Hopefully Dick can get the best out of them and with Ozil's ability to create chances we might have a strike force to be reckoned with... but for 1989 to say they are both "top drawer" is incorrect. Aguero is top drawer, Salah is top drawer, Fat Tongue is top drawer. Hopefully our two lads will become top drawer.
cant agree that salah is top draw, was marcus stewart or kev phillips after there one season wonders?

salah has it all to prove that hes not a flash in he pan.

although not quite as effusive as our resident 11 year old (...fuck prince charles becoming king when old queenie pops her paws give it to Sir Gareth so he can be king over us ever more...sorry 1989 meant in jest!)

also cant agree that aubaymang is'nt top draw. his record before he joined us is outstanding and is one of the best strikers in the world. cannot judge him in the dying days of wenger ball as the walls came tumbling down. also think lacazette although no where near as good has the ability to be a very good PL striker, i.e. 20 goals a season if we play more to his strengths than we did last year.

Im very excited to see the start of the season and how they fair, as optimistic about them both as i am, it could all still be shit, at least it will be a slightly spicy chorizo 'y' shit, rather than a horrible smelly old stale garlicky one.

for the first time in a nearly a decade i will read the papers PL previews and predictions again as it wont be the same old groundhog day.

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:

I stand by my statement that they're both top drawer and you will see it this season.

Aubameyang's goal ratio is better than 1 in 2 for the last 3 years, and Lacazette has a similar goal ratio albeit in the weaker French league, but he's a machine in the right system. I'm confident Emery knows how to bring the best out of a poacher like him, as he did before with Bacca and Gameiro at Sevilla, Soldado at Valencia, Cavani at PSG.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Forget the German and French leagues. I'll hail both as "top drawer" when/if they can hit 20+ each per season for the next 3 seasons in the far tougher far superior PL.

I'm hopeful and optimistic but not convinced yet.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:47 am
Forget the German and French leagues. I'll hail both as "top drawer" when/if they can hit 20+ each per season for the next 3 seasons in the far tougher far superior PL.

I'm hopeful and optimistic but not convinced yet.
Totally agree - the EPL is totally different standard week in week out. I think we may have got them both too late. Best years behind them. Hope I'm wrong otherwise we're fucked again this season. 7th ??. The two new blokes at the back are also too old!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

laca and PEA got four each in a closed doors game against Crawley Town on Wednesday night, and PEA scored last night in the loss to Brentford.

A real shame they couldn't play that game at Griffin Park. the Bees could do with the money.
Last edited by clockender1 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:23 pm
caz and PEA got four each in a closed doors game against Crawley Town on Wednesday night
No they didn’t, it was fake news apparently - not sure why someone would bother to make it up but they did

Perez 2, Lacazette 2, Mick O’Taryan, Jeff, Bananaman, Nelson and Eddie notched

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:43 pm
clockender1 wrote:
caz and PEA got four each in a closed doors game against Crawley Town on Wednesday night
No they didn’t, it was fake news apparently - not sure why someone would bother to make it up but they did

lol - Mick O'Taryan. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:42 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:43 pm
clockender1 wrote:

lol - Mick O'Taryan. :lol:
Do the FAI know about this.... Might get him in an Oireland jersey! :lol: