Borehamwood AWAY Sat July 14th - 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Borehamwood AWAY Sat July 14th - 3pm

Post by clockender1 »

anyone going ?

is it on anywhere ?

i'd guess we'll get some clues about formation and style of play ?

DB10GOONER

Re: Borehamwood AWAY Sat July 14th - 3pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Made this a sticky as it's a match thread. The first under Dick too! :barscarf: :D

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

It’s free on Arsenal Player I think.
The usual mix of kids and reserves huffing and puffing to a 1-1 draw. Think I’ll pass thanks.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Kingralph wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm
The usual mix of kids and reserves huffing and puffing to a 1-1 draw. Think I’ll pass thanks.
Blimey first match thread under the new manager and post 3 is negative :lol: :roll:

augie is that you? :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

:barscarf: We've got terrace tickets for the annual fun day at BW and are hoping that Dick takes a few first teamers for a run out on Saturday. The season starts here :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The first match of the new era. It won't have to do much to be a better spectacle than that fucking turgid 0-0 draw away to Barnet one year.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:33 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm
Blimey first match thread under the new manager and post 3 is negative :lol: :roll:

augie is that you? :wink:
:lol: :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:32 pm
:barscarf: We've got terrace tickets for the annual fun day at BW and are hoping that Dick takes a few first teamers for a run out on Saturday. The season starts here :barscarf:
judging by his presser this morning, the team and subs will be all players who did not feature at the world cup. he did say that he will be assessing their performances.
on the Boreham Wood squad…
The main players for Saturday are the young players and the players who have been working with us. Then the other players who finished in the World Cup, they are coming for the next weeks and will go into their work with the players who are here. The first match for us to look at the performance by the players who are here.
I suspect then that this won't be the usual pre-season stroll. team places and appearance money, bonuses etc are up for grabs - its why Wilshire left.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:32 pm
judging by his presser this morning, the team and subs will be all players who did not feature at the world cup. he did say that he will be assessing their performances.
on the Boreham Wood squad…
The main players for Saturday are the young players and the players who have been working with us. Then the other players who finished in the World Cup, they are coming for the next weeks and will go into their work with the players who are here. The first match for us to look at the performance by the players who are here.
I suspect then that this won't be the usual pre-season stroll. team places and appearance money, bonuses etc are up for grabs - its why Wilshire left.

Thats sounds promising - we never expect too much in terms of who plays in these kind of warm up games but it would be nice to see a healthy sprinkling of first teamers getting a run out. Fingers crossed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:

I suspect then that this won't be the usual pre-season stroll. team places and appearance money, bonuses etc are up for grabs
Absolutely. Dick is no fool. He is not immersed in a nice comfort zone like Wenger was. He knows he has to deliver and hit the ground running because the glare of the media and the AKB are upon him. He has no loyalties built up with, or inexplicable favourites amongst, the players like Wenger had. He will be ruthless and I'd imagine every single player will have to actually earn their starting spot in the first eleven. Fuck me what a novel idea. :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:04 am
clockender1 wrote:

I suspect then that this won't be the usual pre-season stroll. team places and appearance money, bonuses etc are up for grabs
Absolutely. Dick is no fool. He is not immersed in a nice comfort zone like Wenger was. He knows he has to deliver and hit the ground running because the glare of the media and the AKB are upon him. He has no loyalties built up with, or inexplicable favourites amongst, the players like Wenger had. He will be ruthless and I'd imagine every single player will have to actually earn their starting spot in the first eleven. Fuck me what a novel idea. :lol:
He also knows he has no credit in the bank so results matter from day one

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
. He knows he has to deliver and hit the ground running because the glare of the media and the AKB are upon him. He has no loyalties built up with, or inexplicable favourites amongst, the players like Wenger had. He will be ruthless and I'd imagine every single player will have to actually earn their starting spot in the first eleven. Fuck me what a novel idea. :lol:
won't that be nice to hit the ground running again, with 5-0 wins (though unlikely this year...) rather than blaming handbrakes, summer competitions etc etc

again, look at the training pics this morning. they are all looking absolutely fecked. and they have another session this afternoon.

I don't think Wilshire being a smoker could have coped. the Arsenal Social Club is quite rightly dead.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
. He knows he has to deliver and hit the ground running because the glare of the media and the AKB are upon him. He has no loyalties built up with, or inexplicable favourites amongst, the players like Wenger had. He will be ruthless and I'd imagine every single player will have to actually earn their starting spot in the first eleven. Fuck me what a novel idea. :lol:
won't that be nice to hit the ground running again, with 5-0 wins (though unlikely this year...) rather than blaming handbrakes, summer competitions etc etc

again, look at the training pics this morning. they are all looking absolutely fecked. and they have another session this afternoon.

I don't think Wilshire being a smoker could have coped. the Arsenal Social Club is quite rightly dead.
Even being actually ready, fully prepared, with players fully focused will be a change for the better........we are acting like a big club again, not dithering in the transfer market or saying there is nobody better out there than what we have got, with some no-nonsense, hard tackling, players that the opposition will hate, are we on the way to having our Arsenal back ?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Anyone else going to the friendlies in Singapore?

My girlfriends really looking forward to seeing Mbappe and neymar (not ozil though :lol: ). I haven't broken it to her yet that neither are likely to play because of their involvement in the world cup :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Anyone else going to the friendlies in Singapore?

My girlfriends really looking forward to seeing Mbappe and neymar (not ozil though :lol: ). I haven't broken it to her yet that neither are likely to play because of their involvement in the world cup :lol:
Girlfriends as in plural :shock: :shock:
You poor, poor bastard