Borehamwood AWAY Sat July 14th - 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Borehamwood AWAY Sat July 14th - 3pm

Post by clockender1 »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 pm
, are we on the way to having our Arsenal back ?

I hope so. Ironically, Sanchez is the kind of player that Dick would love'd to have had - professional, works his bollocks off, takes no BS and very skilled.

Ozil for Sanchez at xmas ?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:57 pm
g88ner wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Anyone else going to the friendlies in Singapore?

My girlfriends really looking forward to seeing Mbappe and neymar (not ozil though :lol: ). I haven't broken it to her yet that neither are likely to play because of their involvement in the world cup :lol:
Girlfriends as in plural :shock: :shock:
You poor, poor bastard
Ha! "Girlfriends" is lucky bastard territory; "wives" is "poor bastard " for sure :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:04 am
clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 pm

I suspect then that this won't be the usual pre-season stroll. team places and appearance money, bonuses etc are up for grabs
Absolutely. Dick is no fool. He is not immersed in a nice comfort zone like Wenger was. He knows he has to deliver and hit the ground running because the glare of the media and the AKB are upon him. He has no loyalties built up with, or inexplicable favourites amongst, the players like Wenger had. He will be ruthless and I'd imagine every single player will have to actually earn their starting spot in the first eleven. Fuck me what a novel idea. :lol:
He also knows he has no credit in the bank so results matter from day one
Absolutely and that has to be a huge motivator for him to be ruthless.

I'm like a giddy schoolgirl (or 1989 watching his tottnumb heroes :wink: ) I'm so excited about the new season and the new dawn. Have not felt this way about the Arsenal for about 10 years.....

UTA. :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

It all starts today, the new era begins :barscarf: It may only be the BW fun day out but it will hopefully show how Dick expects him teams to perform.

Looking forward to the first strains of 'Unai Emery's red and white army' :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:37 am
It all starts today, the new era begins :barscarf: It may only be the BW fun day out but it will hopefully show how Dick expects him teams to perform.

Looking forward to the first strains of 'Unai Emery's red and white army' :barscarf: :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

A mixed team selection for today. but cech starts in goals :roll: Wonder what formation we are playing ? :?

cech
bellend
Papastathopoulos
Mavropanos
Osei-Tutu
Maitland-Niles
Willock
Nelson
Lacazette
Aubameyang
E. Smith Rowe

augie

Post by augie »

Leno not even on the bench ?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I see akpom is on the bench ? It sems like this guy has been with us for decades and still done nothing :roll:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Aub hat trick within 15 minutes !!!! :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I know this is effectively a training game but it is nice seeing some quick sharp passing and movement and the end product to finish it off :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Jenko in an Arsenal shirt wow.

he put out an different team entirely in the second half. all 22 players got 45 minutes.

it looks like the whole thing was an exercise in performance analysis.

nice to see Nelson, Reine-adelaide, and Nketiah score.

Reine is listed on Pravda as a first team member this year btw.

Post by 1989 »

Aubameyang is top notch.

markyp

Post by markyp »

and now ya gonna believe us!! :barscarf: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I watched the first 20 minutes or so and it was good to see some of the first team playing and it looked like they were actually motivated to take it seriously rather than the days of the old regime just telling them to amble around and 11 trialists playing. Can't quite work out what either side gets from a game like this other than money for Boreham Wood which to be fair helps a lot but at least it wasn't the 22-0 that I saw Everton beat some Austrian village team today.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

A very enjoyable day out in the sun. We looked pretty tidy at times but to be fair BW were obviously way out of their depth and acquitted themselves as well as they could. Some really good movement in the first half and plenty of thrust going forwards rather than side to side but the opposition account for that to a degree. Plenty of the younger lads played pretty well, and were obviously out to impress the new boss in particular RN and AM-N. I liked the look of JR-A who stood out as a bit handy and it will be interesting to see if he gets a chance this season probably more cup run outs but who knows.

I know it's stating the obvious but Aubameyang really is going to be fun to watch this season :barscarf:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Read somewhere that all players who played in the first half left during half time and went back to Colney to start a training session, right after the first half. They are really putting lot of work into the team and getting out most of it when the season actually starts. No fucking about on Dick's watch it seems.