v Athletico Madrid

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: v Athletico Madrid

Post by DB10GOONER »

Were there any "Emery out" banners at it?

Fucking should have been. :banghead:

:D

augie

Post by augie »

rich31 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:20 pm
What i would expect from a pre season run out really.I liked Emerys animation on the touchline... and whilst we looked shaky at times defensively Rome was not built in a day.At least Emery was making the defenders aware of the line and pushing up. I think we may have lost this 2-1 before the pens under wenger. The Lacazette up top with Auba out wide thing could well be binned soon if Lacazette does not sharpen up though.I know pre season is the time to try things but Auba needs to be central imo and Lacazette needs to improve basically whatever position he plays in or he might just find his position is on the bloody bench! Also there are others still to come back so overall i am optimistic. :barscarf:

Lacazette kept drifting out to bangabang's wing and left no c.unt in the middle :roll: If we play 2 up front then the two have to play, but if we are playing this 4-2-3-1 system then bangabang has to be the central striker

Midz

Post by Midz »

Blade wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:53 pm
the guy with David Luiz hair is shite
That's good to hear. A positive start for our latest signing.

Midz

Post by Midz »

rich31 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:20 pm
What i would expect from a pre season run out really.I liked Emerys animation on the touchline... and whilst we looked shaky at times defensively Rome was not built in a day.At least Emery was making the defenders aware of the line and pushing up. I think we may have lost this 2-1 before the pens under wenger. The Lacazette up top with Auba out wide thing could well be binned soon if Lacazette does not sharpen up though.I know pre season is the time to try things but Auba needs to be central imo and Lacazette needs to improve basically whatever position he plays in or he might just find his position is on the bloody bench! Also there are others still to come back so overall i am optimistic. :barscarf:
definitely although this is early days under a new manager. one to keep an eye on though.

augie

Post by augie »

Blade wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:53 pm
the guy with David Luiz hair is shite

Think that is harsh tbh - I know that he didnt pull up any trees, but he is a young lad that only joined the squad a few weeks ago and we have to allow him time to bed him in. I thought that he looked decent and far better in possession than xhaka

Blade

Post by Blade »

so even though Bould can finally now open his mouth there is still no defensive organization?.

WTH is going on!

Blade

Post by Blade »

Mustafi and Holding are not going to cut it.

I suppose Sokratis and Mav turn this Sat.Let's see

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Lacazette kept drifting out to bangabang's wing and left no c.unt in the middle.

Maybe Auba should have switched then . Not defending or criticising anyone but there is nothing wrong with forwards switching position in fact dragging defenders around is a good idea.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:31 am
Lacazette kept drifting out to bangabang's wing and left no c.unt in the middle.

Maybe Auba should have switched then . Not defending or criticising anyone but there is nothing wrong with forwards switching position in fact dragging defenders around is a good idea.
Freddie & Pires would often swap wings, as you say it mixes it up makes defenders uncomfortable but it’s still needs balance in the team.

1964 Gunner

Post by 1964 Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Freddie & Pires would often swap wings, as you say it mixes it up makes defenders uncomfortable but it’s still needs balance in the team.
yes but wasn't lacazette the striker in the formation?? if I'm a striker I'm in the box full time u never saw wright , fowler shearer or any decent striker fucking about on the wings .......

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Still confident? more like same shit different gravy!.... :lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Smith Rowe looks a prospect and no Wenger around to ruin him!

augie

Post by augie »

1964 Gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:10 am
StuartL wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

yes but wasn't lacazette the striker in the formation?? if I'm a striker I'm in the box full time u never saw wright , fowler shearer or any decent striker fucking about on the wings .......

That's my point - I dont mind players swapping positions and I can see the confusion it would cause for opposition defences, but what lacazette seemed to be doing was freewheeling and doing his own thing. No system will work when you have 2 centre forwards getting in each other's way out on the wing and no-one in the middle

augie

Post by augie »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 am

Very much so - wenker left an absolute shitfest that will take more than a season to completely fix, so expecting everything to be sorted within a month is totally unrealistic.
It also needs to be mentioned that our starting 11 yesterday cointained only 5 players which should be in our first choice time (in my opinion) - when you mix first team players with the younger inexperienced kids, you are always going to get disjointed performances like yesterday, so I certainly am not worried (except about the absolute shitfest of our penalties :roll: :oops: :oops: )

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:33 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 am

Very much so - wenker left an absolute shitfest that will take more than a season to completely fix, so expecting everything to be sorted within a month is totally unrealistic.
It also needs to be mentioned that our starting 11 yesterday cointained only 5 players which should be in our first choice time (in my opinion) - when you mix first team players with the younger inexperienced kids, you are always going to get disjointed performances like yesterday, so I certainly am not worried (except about the absolute shitfest of our penalties :roll: :oops: :oops: )
Once upon a time a friendly would be utilised as a good marker of what and how your season will give you, and that meant playing your strongest side with a couple of opportunities for young talent, this is just a shirt selling exercise and those shirts are hideous along with those fucking spotty numbers resembling walking talking Mr Blobby's that Noel Edmunds would be proud of...
A visit to the Aviary, Zoo, and tears of joy from Singaporean Arsenal supporters adulation..
And I bet that prick Cech was in goal for the penalties, the managers worth started yesterday, and he is already 10% down...