Arsenal v PSG Singapore National Stadium

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Arsenal v PSG Singapore National Stadium

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:35 pm
Ozil's record against the top 6 is the stat that matters .

his record in big games in the Premier League is poor.

Stats don't lie.
:coffeespit:

Oh Lord.... that old top 6 chestnut. :oops: :lol: Someone take the shovel off this guy before that hole is too deep to climb out of! :oops: :lol:

Name one of our players that has a good record in those "big games" against the top 6. If anything Ozil actually had one or two good games against the top 6 which is one or two more than most of our team. The problem with that is we had Wenger as manager and not one of our players delivered against the top 6 90% of the time.

Stats tell you what you want stats to tell you. If you want to play the stats game look at Ozil's stats for assists and chances created - stats related to his actual job of creating chances and assists. He's better than most of the PL and on a par with the top 3 or 4 players. Then look at the stats for all our players against thd top 6 teams. I'm betting Ozil's will be as good (or as bad) as any other Arsenal player under Wenger. :roll:

Why don't you go all in and fall back on the old myth of "he's lazy" ffs? :oops: :lol: And then look up his mileage stats per game....... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

begeegs wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:02 pm
Blade wrote:

Stats don't lie.
Those were all in Wenger teams against managers who all knew how we would play (not to mention that Wenger's record against top teams was terrible). So it wasn't just Ozil who was poor against the top teams, Arsenal as a whole were shit against them as well. It appears that Germany weren't a million miles away from playing this was under Low.

Overall, I'd say that he hasn't really been worth the money nor the new fat contract, but am willing to cut him a bit of slack because of him playing under Wenger. I think that Emery will make him back into a good player. I remember when PSG played against us a couple of years ago in the CL and they ripped us to shreds, but for Cavani missing sitters and falling over the ball. That was Emery's first year there. Hopefully, he can get us playing with that swashbuckling way as well.
As much as I rate him as a world class player I absolutely agree he is not worth 350k a week. He is not THAT good. Few players are.

Fucking Wenger left us a real anchor around the neck there. If Emery can't get the best from Ozil or Ozil can't deliver in the new system then we are stuck with him until his contract runs down. The fact Wenger was allowed give Ozil that pay rise pisses on the myth that Gazidis was the master tactician behind Wenger getting sacked.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:28 pm
Blade wrote:

Stats don't lie.

Oh Lord.... that old top 6 chestnut. :oops: :lol: Someone take the shovel off this guy before that hole is too deep to climb out of! :oops: :lol:

Name one of our players that has a good record in those "big games" against the top 6. If anything Ozil actually had one or two good games against the top 6 which is one or two more than most of our team. The problem with that is we had Wenger as manager and not one of our players delivered against the top 6 90% of the time.

Stats tell you what you want stats to tell you. If you want to play the stats game look at Ozil's stats for assists and chances created - stats related to his actual job of creating chances and assists. He's better than most of the PL and on a par with the top 3 or 4 players. Then look at the stats for all our players against thd top 6 teams. I'm betting Ozil's will be as good (or as bad) as any other Arsenal player under Wenger. :roll:

Why don't you go all in and fall back on the old myth of "he's lazy" ffs? :oops: :lol: And then look up his mileage stats per game....... :lol:

Beware stats! They do lie.

Last season Ramsey provided more assists and scored more goals than Ozil.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:37 pm

As much as I rate him as a world class player I absolutely agree he is not worth 350k a week. He is not THAT good. Few players are.

Fucking Wenger left us a real anchor around the neck there. If Emery can't get the best from Ozil or Ozil can't deliver in the new system then we are stuck with him until his contract runs down. The fact Wenger was allowed give Ozil that pay rise pisses on the myth that Gazidis was the master tactician behind Wenger getting sacked.
There are those who blame Wenger solely for that contract, but I would blame Gazidis more as the power shifted by that time. We couldn't be seen as letting two stars go for next to nothing. To be honest, I do think that we kept the better of the two. Sanchez has been pants for Utd, although that could be more of a Mourinho thing than ability.

Although, having said that, it was Wenger who let those contracts run down to begin with and he would do it and say crap like 'This will happen more and more to everyone.' which it didn't happen to anyone else. It used to make my blood boil.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:28 pm
Blade wrote:

Stats don't lie.

Beware stats! They do lie.

True. And Ozil created 3 times as many chances as Ramsey. :D :wink:

Blade

Post by Blade »

Exactly.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

We are going to be writing that there is a common link between Ozil and Ramsey soon - both will have milked out favourable deals because of mismanagement when neither deserved it.

Blade

Post by Blade »

“If [Joachim Low is bold, he’ll say: ‘I will not play with only 10 people’ and drop Mesut Ozil,” German World Cup winner Paul Breitner told Goal.com. “Nine men are torturing themselves for 90 minutes and he’s going for a walk.
Breritner says play with 10 men.

"one comment taken out of context"..Wow! talk about delusional.

These are not my comments, they are verbatim comments of his managers,contemporaries and old WC captains and winners.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:44 am
“If [Joachim Low is bold, he’ll say: ‘I will not play with only 10 people’ and drop Mesut Ozil,” German World Cup winner Paul Breitner told Goal.com. “Nine men are torturing themselves for 90 minutes and he’s going for a walk.
Breritner says play with 10 men.

"one comment taken out of context"..Wow! talk about delusional.

These are not my comments, they are verbatim comments of his managers,contemporaries and old WC captains and winners.

Don't you mean "Breitner"? :lol:

The infamous and shit 17 Hours Bundestrainer? To management what Sam Allardyce is? Now the German punditry equivalent of Martin Keown? called for Ozil to be axed when Ozil was one of Germany's key players in winning the world cup - because he didn't like or understand Ozil's body language. That Breitner? :oops: :lol:

No quote from Angela Merkel? :lol: No quote from Leni Riefenstahl? There must be one out there somewhere! :oops: :lol:

For every quote from someone criticizing Ozil you will find one aclaiming him. Offer a coherent argument or shut up. Posting quotes out of context is making you look stupid. :oops:

Here read this for a balanced critique of Ozil at that world cup:

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2014/07/14/s ... -world-cu/

At this point you should just stay to posting for comedy effect:
Blade wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:58 am
cant stand Ozil.

He thinks he had the game to glide pass players a la Messi,Neymar,Ronaldhino but dosent reliaze he no skills and just throws up hand in exasperation when ball is taken off him.

https://youtu.be/c29OpzjjXc0

:lol: :wink:

:lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:46 am
Blade wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:51 pm
Ha ha little boy, when i was watching The Arsenal you were still in your father's ball sac..

"by trying things".You don't do step-over on a ball across midfield outside the 'D'..basic.Guess what,the opp ate it up!.Smith Rowe lose ball 5 is acceptable [he never did over e 3 games ].

Scapegoat for WC debacle

Opponents love him

Hoeness's comments

Real M couldn't wait to sell him

Says it all.You dare ask yourself why?
First of all mate leave my father out of it. He's dead. Died horribly with cancer so a piece of shit like you doesn't get to pass comment.

I don't mind people pointing out a player's weaknesses but the frankly pig shit ignorant unimformed stuff like you post is embarrassing for any Gooner. You remember your best ever post on here? I do:
Blade wrote:
cant stand Ozil.

He thinks he had the game to glide pass players a la Messi,Neymar,Ronaldhino but dosent reliaze he no skills and just throws up hand in exasperation when ball is taken off him.
It's utter rubbish like that horseshit that makes us all look like spoiled JCL cùnts. If you can't post anything intelligent in the Ozil argument then please don't post anything because you come across as an idiot when you do.

You remind me of this guy:

DB10 - I hope you look back on this post and think you have gone over the top. Blade made an innocuous reference (without knowing your dad’s circumstances - and how could he) and been called pig shit ignorant and a piece of shit for having an opinion that differs to yours.

I would have thought a moderator would have jumped all over this by now.

My opinion of Ozil is that he is a fantastic creative talent but makes little effort to win a ball back (even if it was he who was diposssed ) if we had enough fighters and battlers in the team we could accommodate that, so far we haven’t.
Under Emery , we may just have so let’s see what the season brings

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Blade wrote:
Ha ha little boy, when i was watching The Arsenal you were still in your father's ball sac..

"by trying things".You don't do step-over on a ball across midfield outside the 'D'..basic.Guess what,the opp ate it up!.Smith Rowe lose ball 5 is acceptable [he never did over e 3 games ].

Scapegoat for WC debacle

Opponents love him

Hoeness's comments

First of all mate leave my father out of it. He's dead. Died horribly with cancer so a piece of shit like you doesn't get to pass comment.

I don't mind people pointing out a player's weaknesses but the frankly pig shit ignorant unimformed stuff like you post is embarrassing for any Gooner. You remember your best ever post on here? I do:
Blade wrote:
cant stand Ozil.

It's utter rubbish like that horseshit that makes us all look like spoiled JCL cùnts. If you can't post anything intelligent in the Ozil argument then please don't post anything because you come across as an idiot when you do.

DB10 - I hope you look back on this post and think you have gone over the top. Blade made an innocuous reference (without knowing your dad’s circumstances - and how could he) and been called pig shit ignorant and a piece of shit for having an opinion that differs to yours.

My opinion of Ozil is that he is a fantastic creative talent but makes little effort to win a ball back (even if it was he who was diposssed ) if we had enough fighters and battlers in the team we could accommodate that, so far we haven’t.
Tbh Stuart it's none of your business mate. Unless one knows a particular poster's circumstances then it's best not to post insults about their family. That is common sense. He's a long term member here. There was a long running thread where a few of us discussed losing loved ones to cancer. Either do the research or don't post family based insults. If you do then suck up the response that you've earned.

You should probably do your research a bit too before jumping into something that doesn't concern you. He was called pig ignorant not for posting a different opinion to mine but for posting stupid ill-informed rubbish. Note my responses to Augie who posted intelligent reasons for his side of the Ozil debate. Blade was called a piece of shit for joking about my dead father. Something btw that saw a previous member (not insulting my father that time btw) get a permanent ban - so really being called a piece of shit is quite a light let off isn't it.

If you are not happy with the way I or any mod moderate this forum you are free to take it up with Mike1 or Gooner Ed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Back on topic. Was I the only one that noticed we did not play any version of a pressing game against PSG? I know it's only a preseason friendly but surely that's thd time to practice a new system.... ?

Bizarrely (given the turn this thread took) only Ozil and Boomerang really did any pressing early on but then seemed to lose interest after about 20 minutes.... the rest barely pressed at all. :|

We seemed to be playing a more positional game rather than high tempo pressing. Hopefully it's an indicator of tactical flexibility rather than of the players being incapable of learning the pressing game. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:10 pm
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Blade wrote:

Scapegoat for WC debacle

Opponents love him

Hoeness's comments

Blade wrote:
cant stand Ozil.

Tbh Stuart it's none of your business mate. Unless one knows a particular poster's circumstances then it's best not to post insults about their family. That is common sense. He's a long term member here. There was a long running thread where a few of us discussed losing loved ones to cancer. Either do the research or don't post family based insults. If you do then suck up the response that you've earned.

You should probably do your research a bit too before jumping into something that doesn't concern you. He was called pig ignorant not for posting a different opinion to mine but for posting stupid ill-informed rubbish. Note my responses to Augie who posted intelligent reasons for his side of the Ozil debate. Blade was called a piece of shit for joking about my dead father. Something btw that saw a previous member (not insulting my father that time btw) get a permanent ban - so really being called a piece of shit is quite a light let off isn't it.

If you are not happy with the way I or any mod moderate this forum you are free to take it up with Mike1 or Gooner Ed.

As always :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:20 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:10 pm
StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Blade wrote:

Scapegoat for WC debacle

Opponents love him

Hoeness's comments

Blade wrote:
cant stand Ozil.

As always :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It must be that time of the month :oops: :fryingpan: :D
db10 i have got to agree with stuart :shock: you need to take a deep breath and then take a step to the right to get back to being that well balanced mod :D that I respect so much :oops: :pancho: :D

and Blade we get it,you and half of Germany hate Ozil, but he is our player and new season new manager= new start :barscarf:
judge him in may 2021 :D

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:34 pm
Back on topic. Was I the only one that noticed we did not play any version of a pressing game against PSG? I know it's only a preseason friendly but surely that's thd time to practice a new system.... ?

Bizarrely (given the turn this thread took) only Ozil and Boomerang really did any pressing early on but then seemed to lose interest after about 20 minutes.... the rest barely pressed at all. :|

We seemed to be playing a more positional game rather than high tempo pressing. Hopefully it's an indicator of tactical flexibility rather than of the players being incapable of learning the pressing game. :lol:
I imagine that the PSG line up had something to do with his tactics on saturday but tonight should be different