Arsenal v PSG Singapore National Stadium

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blade

Re: Arsenal v PSG Singapore National Stadium

Post by Blade »

I am glad that this scare is now over. He has been playing shit for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his shitty performance hide beyond this picture.
"Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.
"His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a square pass.
Blinked,Rose tinted glasses.

BTW he fucked upped 5 times against PSG.With stupid step-over,absurd flick and ofcourse a pathetic dribble [opp dispossed him like a child].Then threw up his arms in frustration -sound familiar?.

Lets see them perform against Man C,Chelsea and Man U.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Ofcourse they 'dominated PSG'.When the 3 kids[and Nelson]came on and Herr lethargic left they rammed in 3 goals.

5-1 is pretty comprehensive.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Look at his 'successful take ons' stats.

He thinks he is a dribbler,loses possession for fun.. and one square pass to a teammate everyone happy?

Opps love him and want him to play -what does that tell you?.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:36 am
I am glad that this scare is now over. He has been playing shit for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his shitty performance hide beyond this picture.
"Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.
"His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a square pass.
Blinked,Rose tinted glasses.

BTW he fucked upped 5 times against PSG.With stupid step-over,absurd flick and ofcourse a pathetic dribble [opp dispossed him like a child].Then threw up his arms in frustration -sound familiar?.

Lets see them perform against Man C,Chelsea and Man U.
Fuck me an idiot quoting an idiot to back a losing argument. :coffeespit:

He lost possession 5 times? I bet you could find that stat for every player on that pitch. Players lose possession in football by trying things. It happens. The key is he only lost possession once cheaply - the silly step over. He also scored a goal and linked up well with Boomerang as well as being behind most of our decent passing forward.

Christ do you know anything about football ffs? It's all well pointing out a players' weaknesses but just regurgitating the same old tired agenda cliches is fucking monotonous.... :roll:

I'm betting you had an Alex Mong jersey because he like ran around alot and like lunged into like loads of like tackles right? Probably hung it beside your man utd jersey! :lol:

Blade

Post by Blade »

Ha ha little boy, when i was watching The Arsenal you were still in your father's ball sac..

"by trying things".You don't do step-over on a ball across midfield outside the 'D'..basic.Guess what,the opp ate it up!.Smith Rowe lose ball 5 is acceptable [he never did over e 3 games ].

Scapegoat for WC debacle

Opponents love him

Hoeness's comments

Real M couldn't wait to sell him

Says it all.You dare ask yourself why?

Blade

Post by Blade »

from another idiot..Lothar Matthaus no less .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:51 pm
Ha ha little boy, when i was watching The Arsenal you were still in your father's ball sac..

"by trying things".You don't do step-over on a ball across midfield outside the 'D'..basic.Guess what,the opp ate it up!.Smith Rowe lose ball 5 is acceptable [he never did over e 3 games ].

Scapegoat for WC debacle

Opponents love him

Hoeness's comments

First of all mate leave my father out of it. He's dead. Died horribly with cancer so a piece of shit like you doesn't get to pass comment.

I don't mind people pointing out a player's weaknesses but the frankly pig shit ignorant unimformed stuff like you post is embarrassing for any Gooner. You remember your best ever post on here? I do:
Blade wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:58 am
cant stand Ozil.

He thinks he had the game to glide pass players a la Messi,Neymar,Ronaldhino but dosent reliaze he no skills and just throws up hand in exasperation when ball is taken off him.
It's utter rubbish like that horseshit that makes us all look like spoiled JCL cùnts. If you can't post anything intelligent in the Ozil argument then please don't post anything because you come across as an idiot when you do.

You remind me of this guy:

https://youtu.be/c29OpzjjXc0

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Scapegoat for WC debacle

Opponents love him

Hoeness's comments

"Scapegoat for WC debacle" Look up what scapegoat means ffs. :roll:

"Opponents love him"
. One insult thrown at him by one manager so that must be fact huh? I'd say the opponents we've played were far happier to play us when he wasn't on the pitch and we created nothing from midfield.

"Hoeness's comments". Yes the comments of a dullard tax fraud criminal. Gospel right there.

"Real M couldn't wait to sell him".
And yet all the Madrid players including thd 2nd best player in the world Ladyboy were outraged when their European assist record setting player was sold.

But hey you just keep posting your silly agenda huh. Good lad. :oops: :roll:

Blade

Post by Blade »

Well basically he won't start in the Man U,Man C,Liverpool and Chelsea teams.

"One insult?" ha,ha do your research mate..

Assessment from all these 'idiots:

Beihoff :
https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/ ... ]scapegoat[/b]-for-world-cup-exit-071018

Keown:
Martin Keown said Arsenal could no longer afford to "carry" Ozil after their 1-0 loss to Stoke last month

Neville:
pundit Gary Neville for his failure to track back in the build-up to Liverpool's second goal, and many supporters were similarly unimpressed.

Kahn:
The main disappointments for me were Sami Khedira and Mesut Ozil.

“They were bypassed during the first game against Mexico, and were left on the bench

Basler:
Bayern Munich striker Mario Basler was scathing in his criticism of Ozil, describing his body language as that of "a dead frog".

You want more?

augie

Post by augie »

To be fair blade, all the negative comments coming out of germany have come after he accused them of racism - would you expect any different from a country that has been accused of being racist in front of the world ?

I'm not ozil's biggest fan tbh and I would absolutely sell him in the morning if I thought that we would get a good offer for him (not a hope of that with him on £350k per week :evil: ) - however that doesn't blind me to the undoubted ability and the vision of the man. Regardless of the assist record stat that our midget mod keeps trotting out ( :wink: ), I would say that he hasn't been a success with his, and he certainly hasn't been value for money - there is a strong possibility that his skillset was never compatible with English football, and you could certainly argue with justification that playing under wenger handicapped him, but the reason I would sell him cos I feel that he is not suitable to a high pressing game and this will lead to more angst/anger from the fans and this helps no-one. I also feel that this is a new beginning for the team and I want to purge the club of many of the older players (cech, monreal, ramsey, mustafi, and ozil) who have been "infected" with the wenger mindset, and rebuild with fresh players like leno, torreira, and our own sideshow bob) who can be moulded to the emery way and change the direction of the club

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:16 am
Well basically he won't start in the Man U,Man C,Liverpool and Chelsea teams.

"One insult?" ha,ha do your research mate..

Assessment from all these 'idiots:

Beihoff :
https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/ ... ]scapegoat[/b]-for-world-cup-exit-071018

Keown:
Martin Keown said Arsenal could no longer afford to "carry" Ozil after their 1-0 loss to Stoke last month

Neville:
pundit Gary Neville for his failure to track back in the build-up to Liverpool's second goal, and many supporters were similarly unimpressed.

Kahn:
The main disappointments for me were Sami Khedira and Mesut Ozil.

“They were bypassed during the first game against Mexico, and were left on the bench

Basler:
Bayern Munich striker Mario Basler was scathing in his criticism of Ozil, describing his body language as that of "a dead frog".

You want more?
:coffeespit:

Are you really this stupid? :lol: A load of one liner quotes taken over a period of time and taken out of context? Make an effort ffs. :roll: :lol:

Discount the German ones straight off - he has just called their country racist. :roll:

Keown???? :lol: :lol: A great defender but a flip flopping idiot of a pundit. :oops: :lol: Why not quote Robbie Savage or Keith Andrews ffs? :oops: :lol:

Neville? Fair comment from him but he fails to understand that very few flair players or creators are known for their tracking back game. Basic stuff. :roll:

As for your earlier link to Matthaus' comments? They are mostly to do with Ozil meeting Edorgan. The only comment he makes about Ozil the footballer is;

"Mesut has been a great performer in the national team for eight years, but for a year and a half I have not liked [his displays]," Matthaus added. "But I have criticised him for that, everything else does not interest me."

Hardly in the same league as your childish stupid pig ignorant horseshit;
Blade wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:58 am
cant stand Ozil.

He thinks he had the game to glide pass players a la Messi,Neymar,Ronaldhino but dosent reliaze he no skills and just throws up hand in exasperation when ball is taken off him.
:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:50 am
To be fair blade, all the negative comments coming out of germany have come after he accused them of racism - would you expect any different from a country that has been accused of being racist in front of the world ?

I'm not ozil's biggest fan tbh and I would absolutely sell him in the morning if I thought that we would get a good offer for him (not a hope of that with him on £350k per week :evil: ) - however that doesn't blind me to the undoubted ability and the vision of the man. Regardless of the assist record stat that our midget mod keeps trotting out ( :wink: ), I would say that he hasn't been a success with his, and he certainly hasn't been value for money - there is a strong possibility that his skillset was never compatible with English football, and you could certainly argue with justification that playing under wenger handicapped him, but the reason I would sell him cos I feel that he is not suitable to a high pressing game and this will lead to more angst/anger from the fans and this helps no-one. I also feel that this is a new beginning for the team and I want to purge the club of many of the older players (cech, monreal, ramsey, mustafi, and ozil) who have been "infected" with the wenger mindset, and rebuild with fresh players like leno, torreira, and our own sideshow bob) who can be moulded to the emery way and change the direction of the club
Have to agree with bald culchie augie there is no guarantee that Emery's set up will suit Ozil, but then I do not believe you need every player pressing 100% of the time to have a successful pressing game, but that's just different opinion. Don't agree he is not compatible with English football - how could that be when he is setting records for assists, and his chances created figures are as good as the best players in the league? With better strikers those chances-created become assists....

The problem with rebuilding is that if you get rid of your only truly creative player with that level of vision and technical passing ability you really have to replace him with another creator of that level. Where would we get one? The Boomerang looks like he could easily bag 20-30 PL goals off top service, and there is no one else in our team that can provide that top service atm.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Ozil's record against the top 6 is the stat that matters .

his record in big games in the Premier League is poor.

Stats don't lie.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Blade wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:35 pm
Ozil's record against the top 6 is the stat that matters .

his record in big games in the Premier League is poor.

Stats don't lie.
Those were all in Wenger teams against managers who all knew how we would play (not to mention that Wenger's record against top teams was terrible). So it wasn't just Ozil who was poor against the top teams, Arsenal as a whole were shit against them as well. It appears that Germany weren't a million miles away from playing this was under Low.

Overall, I'd say that he hasn't really been worth the money nor the new fat contract, but am willing to cut him a bit of slack because of him playing under Wenger. I think that Emery will make him back into a good player. I remember when PSG played against us a couple of years ago in the CL and they ripped us to shreds, but for Cavani missing sitters and falling over the ball. That was Emery's first year there. Hopefully, he can get us playing with that swashbuckling way as well.

Blade

Post by Blade »

that was the match where Alex Iwobi guided the PSG equalizer in with his head.