Arsenal v PSG Singapore National Stadium

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Arsenal v PSG Singapore National Stadium

Post by clockender1 »

Great cross from ESR.

BBC says Guendozi is best player on the pitch.

Two goals from laca.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

herbert wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:10 pm
1964 Gunner wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:47 pm
fcuk me , just got a stream , and where the fcuk did they get that kit from???? jeez :shock:
fuckin sky blue :banghead: For the first couple of minutes I thought we were in white and thats bad enough

3-1 :barscarf: it might be a lucky kit :D :barscarf:
Its not Sky Blue, more like Duck Egg. I have bedsheets a similar colour. Our away kit is miles worse tbh.

Blade

Post by Blade »

82 min Smith and Willock running the show..no Ozil

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Decent win, some good showings from the youngsters, not the greatest of opposition and we did have moments of brain farts but far less than usual and tbh their goal was simply a player being out paced sometimes you just face someone who is quicker :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:23 pm
herbert wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:10 pm
1964 Gunner wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:47 pm
fcuk me , just got a stream , and where the fcuk did they get that kit from???? jeez :shock:

fuckin sky blue :banghead: For the first couple of minutes I thought we were in white and thats bad enough

3-1 :barscarf: it might be a lucky kit :D :barscarf:
Its not Sky Blue, more like Duck Egg. I have bedsheets a similar colour. Our away kit is miles worse tbh.
Just had a look at the away kit and your right its worse

Great game :barscarf: plenty of positives,roll on the new season

markyp

Post by markyp »

observations,firstly where was this pressing game? we look like wengers Arsenal drifting around,secondly Geundouzi what a player he might be,he was bossing it,super confident and hes not afraid to hit an early through ball ,thirdly mustafi and bellerin wtf!! lastly why did our kids look better than our seniors?

herbert

Post by herbert »

markyp wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:37 pm
observations,firstly where was this pressing game? we look like wengers Arsenal drifting around,secondly Geundouzi what a player he might be,he was bossing it,super confident and hes not afraid to hit an early through ball ,thirdly mustafi and bellerin wtf!! lastly why did our kids look better than our seniors?
psg had a young team out so I doubt Dick felt the need to concentrate on a pressing game as he knew we would have plenty of the ball and I am sure we will see better pressing in the Chav game on Wednesday,,David luis little brother looks good :D

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Another good ball by ESR to Ramsay.

ESR & Guendozi the positives today, Bellerin and Kolosonic struggled.

It seems the tactics they were working on today were going forward with the ball and defending set pieces.

A good start imho . 15 days to work on defending against the ball.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:18 pm
Great cross from ESR.

BBC says Guendozi is best player on the pitch.

Two goals from laca.

And the bbc would be 100% right - for me he absolutely dominated the midfield today and showed up elneny for the average player that he is :roll:

There is no doubt that we still have a few weaknesses (kolasniac was poor defensively) but that is to be expected at this stage - for the first 10-15 minutes of both halves we were very much on the backfoot, and that was against a weak/young psg team.

I am disappointed that maitland-niles doesnt seem to be getting much of a chance in midfield tbh - I was impressed with him last season and felt that he could really kick on now under a proper manager, but even when he was brought on today it was at left back :( I know that some of our midfield options are young (maybe not ready yet), but I am now at the point where I feel that IF we sell ramsey the money received should be spent on a left full or left winger, cos we have enough centre midfielders

Blade

Post by Blade »

when Ozil left the field the 3 youngsters Smith,Willock and Eddie dominated PSG.This is not coincidence.

Ozil tried a stupid 'Hollywood' dummy in midfield easily lapped up by opps and nearly led to a goal.Other than that he tried dribbles and flicks which conceded possession.So same,same from him.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Guendozi actually did better against a weak PSG midfield.

But let's hope he and Smith-Rowe,MaitlandN gets game time.Unlike AW.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Watched it in Singapore with my girlfriend. £26 a ticket.

Fuck me, it was humid. Sweating buckets just watching it so fair play to the lads for playing so well.

Sideshow Bob looks a decent player 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Blade wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:13 pm
i am sitting 10m awat from action.i can't even make out the numbers on the 3rd strip
Blade, hope you enjoyed seeing the Gunners playing in the flesh. :barscarf:

Blade

Post by Blade »

scary thing is even with Sokratis and Bould finally allowed to 'coach' the same weakness still prevails.Bellirin and Kolasinac not going to work out. Holding has regressed(no surprise).Ramsey's 7th year here still not sure where is his correct position.The new guy did well against a weak PSG everything went thru him as he dropped between the CBS to demand ball.I was imagining him in GX posotion.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Watched it live on Eir sports. Contrary to the horseshit posted above from blade, Ozil and The Boomerang continually linked up nicely throughout. They look on the same wavelength but of course its only a preseason friendly against the PSG kids and stiffs. Ozil lost possession cheaply once. Apart from that his passing was crisp and well ranged. Some idiots just cannot drop the retard agenda... :oops: :roll:

Smith-Rowe looked good but he and his fellow youngsters did not "dominate" PSG. PSG's young players simply looked tired and gave up at that point.

MOTM was Guendozi by a long shot. Looked confident and afraid of nobody and nothing. Good passes, positioning, and looks mature beyond his years. He could be a very good signing.... but of course there's a big difference between the PL and a preseason exercise to sell jerseys to the Asian superfans that "love Arsenal and wenger until I die also love Barca Man City and Madrid!". :roll: :wink: