AFC v chav scum in aviva 01/08/18

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: AFC v chav scum in aviva 01/08/18

Post by nut flush gooner »

Last edited by nut flush gooner on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:59 am
augie wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:58 am
Finally got home from the game (as I said before, it is a right pain in the bollox getting out of the city after a game in the aviva :roll: ) and want to post a few quick points before I fcuk off to bed -

1. cech made some good saves tbf to him, but I am gutted that he is going to start the season as first choice

2. If you werent a fan of either of the teams and were told beforehand that one of the teams were going to play with a high pressing game, then you would assume now that it was the chavs that people were talking about. In the first half they played as high a tempo pressing game that I have ever seen, and our defenders shit themselves and didnt want the ball at times :shock: We had no answer to their game in the first half as they gave us a lesson in possession and when we had possession, and if they had any half decent striker tonight (morata was dogshit thank god) they would have won the game by half time.

3. Defending set pieces is gonna to be a car crash again this season, so ye had better prepare for it lads :cry: For their goal, our new kid (rowe smith) was tasked with marking rudiger at the back post, and that is horrendous. Twice more in the first half they had corners where they had 2 men at the back post against our 1 player, and sokratis was marking no c.unt in the middle of the goals :evil: I think that it also should be acknowledged that they looked a much bigger team physically, and that played a part in the uncertainty when organising at those set-pieces.

4. abamayueng was awful - he (again) was out on the wing too much, and for me he didnt make enough runs in behind to scare their backline to sit deeper. Lacazette looked will pist off by the time he came on, but he did more in those 30 mins (or less) that pea did in the previous hour :roll:

5. mickey is a weakling - I mean he is literally a lightweight who gets pushed off the ball by a light breeze :oops:

6. bellerin did indeed get destroyed - he got burnt for pace early doors by their young winger, and because he isnt used to getting left behind in a sprint, it totally threw him and shook him. The problem with bellerin is for the last few seasons he has used his pace to get him out of situations, but I would suggest that it has stopped him from improving other aspects of his game (ie defending) cos he hasnt felt the need to.

7. elneny is fu.cking useless. I mean he is worse than useless. If I have to look at that c.unt playing for us this season I will literally blow my own brains. His touch is woeful. His sidewards passing would make the late ray wilkins seem gung ho in comparison :oops: Without a doubt he is a useless, no good for nothing c.unt and if dick does his job properly there will be at least 6 midfielders ahead of him for that position (I hope).

8. For me the two real positives were Guendouzi who played really well throughout, but I felt that ozil in the second half was outstanding. I have been a critic on here for a while now, and I know that tonight was only a friendly, but he was the one charging around trying to close the chavs defenders and keeper down, and in possession ozil was majestic in that second half 8)
Im sure the second half was more enjoyable than the first. But I agree with a lot of what you say.

Bellerin, fuck me has he got any positional awareness/football intelligence. For once he's up against someone quicker and he still gives him a head start. I would rather have a solid right back, in the Lee Dixon mould rather than someone who just thinks hes a marauding winger that cba to track back. As for Elneny, did he really just play in the WC. He is dogshite, symptomatic of the latter Wenger sides where central midfield was neglected.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:

To quote that old song nut flush, "you say it best when you say nothing at all" :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Blade wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:11 am
Bellerin still passing the ball backwards and backwards.Position is 50 yards up the pitch then backpass.Suppose to have pace why cannot beat his man on the outside ?

On a serious note though, pre game when the players were doing the warm-up, the coaches had bellerin running down the wing and whipping in crosses - I turned to my young lad and praised the attention to detail and the work ethos of that move, and then he has a 'mare and couldn't/wouldn't cross a ball for love nor money :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Another thing that is often ignored is the players acknowledging the fans, and I have to say that last night was pretty much a mixed bag if I'm honest - to be fair to the guy bellerin was the first guy over before the game and his recognition of the fans in our corner semmed very sincere was is commendable imo cos he knows that he is in the firing line with many Gooners. Even though all the players were doing the warm-up right in front of us and maybe all felt obliged to clap the support …….. all except mustafi - that german Nazi b.astard basically looked out and scowled at the fans, and as much as I didn't like him beforehand, he is now a total dickhead in my eyes :evil: Lacazette too was great when he was doing his warm-up during the game and his clapping of the fans was enthusiastic 8)

Funniest part of the night (and don't get all sensitive here now please) was when the chav subs were warming up in front of us during the game - for some reason the game went quiet for about 30 seconds, and in that time a Gooner about 5 rows back from me shouted out at loftus cheek, "hey rubin, is football still coming home ?" :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:26 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

To quote that old song nut flush, "you say it best when you say nothing at all" :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's either I am a computer donk, or the forum is shit. Make your own mind up !

:D :D :D

augie

Post by augie »

I should also say that the formation didn't seem to work last night - when bangabang (frequently) drifted out to the wing, we had no-one again in the centre, plus the ease in which they were able to pass out from the back was scandalous. Two up front makes it much harder for the opposition defence to play out from the back (assuming bangabang works harder than last night :roll: ), and cos ozil and mikki drift in and are not aggressive anyway, we seemed unable to win the ball back unless they made a mistake with it.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:55 am
Another thing that is often ignored is the players acknowledging the fans, and I have to say that last night was pretty much a mixed bag if I'm honest - to be fair to the guy bellerin was the first guy over before the game and his recognition of the fans in our corner semmed very sincere was is commendable imo cos he knows that he is in the firing line with many Gooners. Even though all the players were doing the warm-up right in front of us and maybe all felt obliged to clap the support …….. all except mustafi - that german Nazi b.astard basically looked out and scowled at the fans, and as much as I didn't like him beforehand, he is now a total dickhead in my eyes :evil: Lacazette too was great when he was doing his warm-up during the game and his clapping of the fans was enthusiastic 8)

Funniest part of the night (and don't get all sensitive here now please) was when the chav subs were warming up in front of us during the game - for some reason the game went quiet for about 30 seconds, and in that time a Gooner about 5 rows back from me shouted out at loftus cheek, "hey rubin, is football still coming home ?" :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
Good for him Loftus Creep is a one trick pony, wanker.... :mrgreen:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Bellerin's been covered enough already, but Mustafi last night had me wondering why he was still getting a game. I lost count of the amount of no pressure situations he was in and wound up under pressure.

There's still a reluctance to pull the trigger, the amount of scenarios last night were a pass was chosen instead of a shot was unbelievable.

PEA wasnt impressive at all but Iwobi and Lacazette brought a decent amount of energy with them when they came on.

augie

Post by augie »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:23 am
Bellerin's been covered enough already, but Mustafi last night had me wondering why he was still getting a game. I lost count of the amount of no pressure situations he was in and wound up under pressure.

There's still a reluctance to pull the trigger, the amount of scenarios last night were a pass was chosen instead of a shot was unbelievable.

PEA wasnt impressive at all but Iwobi and Lacazette brought a decent amount of energy with them when they came on.

Good players (even defenders) have first touches that can often get them out of trouble ......... mustafi and elninny have first touches that frequently get them into trouble - every time the ball goes near mustafi I get the shakes, and elninny takes 3 touches before he is actually in control of it :roll: :evil: :cussing: :cussing:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

After reflection i think i can see positives in last night but again sometimes it is hard to see the wood for the trees.

Ozil drifted for about 20 mins in the first half but then came into the game and started creating, Guendozi looks good but as with most young inexperienced players has a lot to learn especially this season but has a lot of promise, there were a few comments during the match and at half/full time about his positioning and focus but again part of that comes from the players around him, as they improve and get used to the new system so should he.

PEA was poor last night but again i'm not sure that Dick has decided exactly how he wants to play him, Mhiki was poor and i personally wouldn't have him as first choice but options are limited out wide, Welbeck, Iwobi, Campbell or Pirez are alternatives but hardly inspiring.

Sokratis and Mustafi have to sort out their partnership if they are to be the main CB pairing, they really need to start talking more, they are both slow and therefore they cannot be left without help when both Wingbacks are up the field, Sead was not great last night but much better than his opposite wingback.

Bellerin was woeful, absolutely woeful and really needs to get his finger out with both Stephan and Chambers vying for the RB spot as i said during the match if ever there is a player who believes too much of his own hype it is him. Elneny is just a nothing player, he isn't even a decent squad option and i cant see him playing once Torriera gets match fit.

The rest were decent if nothing special but i still cant see how we're going to set up for the new season and i genuinely believe we need to offload some players, our squad is still bloated and i can't see how players can vye for places when you have no idea who your rivals are or how your going to set up in the main maybe DE has made this plain to the squad but for the life of me i cant see it yet.

So with one match to go our pre-season has been reasonable without being outstanding but there is still a lot of work to do and for me i dont see us working cohesively for a few months into the season, in footballing terms this doesn't really bother me as i think the gulf is still big enough for us too have a few months of test and adjustment without coming under too much pressure for top 6, what worries me though is the gulf this may create in the fanbase initially, the last thing i want is numb nuts and his gloating commentary on how the club is getting along without him every week and his acolytes posting all over social media in his defence :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:25 pm
, the last thing i want is numb nuts and his gloating commentary on how the club is getting along without him every week and his acolytes posting all over social media in his defence :roll:
numb nuts will still be unemployed next May. :barscarf: