AFC v chav scum in aviva 01/08/18

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: AFC v chav scum in aviva 01/08/18

Post by Midz »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:12 pm
Christ on a bike - Cech saves one and Iwobi scores the decisive penalty for the win :barscarf:
Who’d have thunk that ?
that's what I was trying to type. :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

By the way did anyone notice the guy on the sideline telling our players what to do, anyone know who he was and what his job is?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Pleased with that, after a shaky first half we came right back into it. Mustafi and Bellerin need to buck up their ideas, but Guendozi again looks class in midfield.

He must surely be knocking on the door for a regular starting place this season. Bye bye Ramsey.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Dick must surely be looking at all the shite he's inherited and thinking about a clear-out before the window shuts.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Really enjoy the last part of that!

It was almost like been at a home game with the support. Nice to see so many gooners together
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markyp

Post by markyp »

great to win an entertaining game but it was all too clear too see that wenger left us in a mess,that could have been wengers arsenal out there tonight,again where as the pressing game we've been promised? all the possession but nothing to show from it,chelsea had to stick there reserves on before we scored,it was men against boys again against a top side,chelsea looked so big and powerful compared to our small tidy players.our back line was all over the place as per the past 10 years, I know we have players missing I expected more urgency.hopefully Torriera will add the steel we are missing.PEA needs to liven up,again we are scared to shoot,why? plus points Guendouzi looks the part and he might keep xhaka out the team,ozil was creative,we kept going,cech saved a pen and our kit looked good otherwise same old shit we have seen since 04,this is going to be a long rebuild me thinks,cheers Arsene you krunt

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Cech saving a penalty in the 90 minutes and again during the shoot out is fucking end of days stuff.

Bossed the second half and more than deserved he won. Onwards :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

positive for me was the way we dug in to have a good spell in the 1st half and 2nd half was all one way :barscarf:
The only negative was Bellerin who needs to step it up but the swiss fella and Chambers are waiting in the wings

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Good to hear there is a little more intensity, will take a good while to get the mess sorted, but a year ago they would have meekly rolled over, I know new broom sweeps clean, honeymoon period and all that jazz, but the manager seems up to the challenge which only bodes well and to be fair we were more than patient before and that should not change!...

augie

Post by augie »

Finally got home from the game (as I said before, it is a right pain in the bollox getting out of the city after a game in the aviva :roll: ) and want to post a few quick points before I fcuk off to bed -

1. cech made some good saves tbf to him, but I am gutted that he is going to start the season as first choice

2. If you werent a fan of either of the teams and were told beforehand that one of the teams were going to play with a high pressing game, then you would assume now that it was the chavs that people were talking about. In the first half they played as high a tempo pressing game that I have ever seen, and our defenders shit themselves and didnt want the ball at times :shock: We had no answer to their game in the first half as they gave us a lesson in possession and when we had possession, and if they had any half decent striker tonight (morata was dogshit thank god) they would have won the game by half time.

3. Defending set pieces is gonna to be a car crash again this season, so ye had better prepare for it lads :cry: For their goal, our new kid (rowe smith) was tasked with marking rudiger at the back post, and that is horrendous. Twice more in the first half they had corners where they had 2 men at the back post against our 1 player, and sokratis was marking no c.unt in the middle of the goals :evil: I think that it also should be acknowledged that they looked a much bigger team physically, and that played a part in the uncertainty when organising at those set-pieces.

4. abamayueng was awful - he (again) was out on the wing too much, and for me he didnt make enough runs in behind to scare their backline to sit deeper. Lacazette looked will pist off by the time he came on, but he did more in those 30 mins (or less) that pea did in the previous hour :roll:

5. mickey is a weakling - I mean he is literally a lightweight who gets pushed off the ball by a light breeze :oops:

6. bellerin did indeed get destroyed - he got burnt for pace early doors by their young winger, and because he isnt used to getting left behind in a sprint, it totally threw him and shook him. The problem with bellerin is for the last few seasons he has used his pace to get him out of situations, but I would suggest that it has stopped him from improving other aspects of his game (ie defending) cos he hasnt felt the need to.

7. elneny is fu.cking useless. I mean he is worse than useless. If I have to look at that c.unt playing for us this season I will literally blow my own brains. His touch is woeful. His sidewards passing would make the late ray wilkins seem gung ho in comparison :oops: Without a doubt he is a useless, no good for nothing c.unt and if dick does his job properly there will be at least 6 midfielders ahead of him for that position (I hope).

8. For me the two real positives were Guendouzi who played really well throughout, but I felt that ozil in the second half was outstanding. I have been a critic on here for a while now, and I know that tonight was only a friendly, but he was the one charging around trying to close the chavs defenders and keeper down, and in possession ozil was majestic in that second half 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Btw did anyone see what happened at the final whistle tonight ? I think a chav fan (scumbag) ran on to the pitch and confronted lacazette on the halfway line before being hauled away by the stewards :shock:

Blade

Post by Blade »

Bellerin still passing the ball backwards and backwards.Position is 50 yards up the pitch then backpass.Suppose to have pace why cannot beat his man on the outside ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Enjoyed the occasion and the game, or more accurately the second half. Not much to add on the game to what has been said. Bellerin was awful , PEA drifted around the place, Ozil shows a few signs of class and Guendouzi is bright and positive and shows no fear on the ball .
Great to meet up with a few old faces and have a pint or two. Was amazed with the amount of Gooners about. Good night all round , but it will be a tough season ahead I think. The enthusiasm of having the new manager may be replaced by a reality when the real stuff starts.. The defence looks as bad as ever.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

:o
augie wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:01 am
Btw did anyone see what happened at the final whistle tonight ? I think a chav fan (scumbag) ran on to the pitch and confronted lacazette on the halfway line before being hauled away by the stewards :shock:
Saw the guy coming onto the pitch but didn't realise it was anything sinister.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

From where I was I thought the guy that ran on was a Gooner trying to ask for a jersey tbh....

Nice to see the grand total of 3 posters give Ozil some credit instead of the usual agenda shit. His decision to utilise the weighted reverse pass instead of just lobbing in another pointless chip to a crowded box is what the top players give you and ultimately led to the equaliser.

For me though Guendouzi was the MOTM again apart from maybe Cech!! :shock:

Chavs could have won 4-1 in first half but we could have won 4-1 in the second. Enjoyed the game and thrilled to beat Fulhamski chav filth.

It's gonna be a tough season. So much to sort out for Dick. :|