Man City HOME Sunday August 12th 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cameron326

Re: Man City HOME Sunday August 12th 4pm

Post by cameron326 »

The PL is the only big league not using VAR. We'd have likely have got a penalty there.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Unai shouting “ press press press”

Nodz172

Post by Nodz172 »

Possibly the worst first game available. Needed a few games to get organised before this.

markyp

Post by markyp »

We could be here a month of Sunday's and would still not hit the target.i wish xhaka would just fuck off,fresh air theif,lichsteiner looks quality,lack of pace mean s fuck all when you know what you are doing,as for Aub from what I saw pre season and today he needs to wake the fuck up or be replaced by lacazaette
Last edited by markyp on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

What’s with the visit Rwanda thing ?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

What a pass !

Unlucky PEA.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ozil has to do better there :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Laca has worked his bollocks off.

Sean

Post by Sean »

It was a decent start, although Sterling's goal was a reminder of the previous decade. Captain Cech has to go, as well as the other liabilities. We started the second half brightly, but City killed the game soon after. Being beaten by the runaway champions is no disgrace, though I hope we can adapt to the circumstances more and mix up the play. Top four is possible and I hope we take the cups seriously. But it's probably all academic, as Wiggy is taking over so he can rape our club. I think I'll stick to MoTD highlights this season.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 pm
What’s with the visit Rwanda thing ?
To make Kroenke extra bucks?, isn't it obvious by now, that is what the whole corporation is about.

:roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Mission accomplished- heavy defeat avoided.

Last year we were 3-0 down at HT .

A lot of work do to this week.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Although i'm disappointed with the result i find i'm not particularly worried yet. City are that far ahead of us in talent and organisation that this was never going to be a benchmark game.

There are improvements being made slowly, and i think UE will take a lot away from this game. I still think the team needs more time to gel properly as there was a huge amount of chopping and changing in pre-season. But UE has to make some serious decisions on the starting line up. Cech is woeful, Ramsey for me seems aimless and Xhaka is Xhaka. Mustafi and Sokratis may get better but i'm not convinced a pairing with so little pace is what we need in the EPL, Guendozi needs more game time and coaching but there may be a player in there, Stefan was good when he came oon but as i said before it worries me that he rarely completes 90 mins these days, it limits your tactical options if you know one of your subs is already selected.

Time and games is needed before we can really get an idea of where we're going and i'm looking forward to it :rubchin:

Blade

Post by Blade »

[ I like the look of Lichsteiner. Very confident and hasn’t put a foot wrong yet.
[/quote]

And playing out of position

Blade

Post by Blade »

" He can't get away with that type of aimless performance ,or he'll be sat next to UE".Lee Dixon.

After the 2nd half kicked off his first touch was in the 65th min.Very influential against an elite team.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Expected defeat ,some positives and a few negatives. The negatives were there before Emery arrived but he needs to sort them out ..Cech, Mustafi , Xhaka need to go, Ramsey needs to stop being a prick...He should of fucked off in the window, he is self centred and useless to the rebuilding of the team unless he changes his attitude. Aubameyang strolled around today. He needs a rocket and a reminder of is responsibility.
Guendouzi played well and without inhibitions. He can't do it for the season though. Lichstiener looked like a defender, also looked like someone he doesn't like losing. Lacazette put himself about a bit. Too early to judge Emery but it's obvious there is too much to do in one pre season .