Man City HOME Sunday August 12th 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Man City HOME Sunday August 12th 4pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:03 pm
Why on earth was Emery so quick to tie Xhaka down to a new contract, I bet he's regretting that already. And as for that earlier statement about building a team around Ramsey, I bet that ludicrous idea has been shelved as well. At least he jerked the pair of them, Wenger would have kept them on just to prove a point....under Wenger we would have probably shipped 5 yesterday.

What a chalice this unfortunate man has inherited, seems a decent enough bloke but I can see the crowd turning on him very quickly while the architect of this absolute clusterf**k is sitting with his feet up somewhere.... and still on our dime :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If Wenger was still presiding over this mess we would finish in the bottom half this season. Hell we still might.
It is my main concern tbh - that he doesn't get the time he needs to sort out the mess he inherited. The AKB in particular will turn on him quickly.

I don't however think there is a chance of us finishing bottom half (even if Wenger was still there) not because we are any great shakes but because the PL is actually that poor and there are literally only 6 or 7 teams guaranteed to finish in the top 10 and we are one of them.

I'm not reading too much into yesterday. Citeh are just a far better team than us. The fact it wasn't a 0-5 drubbing is a positive. And that citeh team will dish out a few 5-0 drubbings this season. I think it was Spiv Neville yesterday said that the chav game might be a better indicator of how ready the Arsenal are for this season as citeh are just a freak of a team.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:09 pm
xisstential wrote:
Why on earth was Emery so quick to tie Xhaka down to a new contract, I bet he's regretting that already. And as for that earlier statement about building a team around Ramsey, I bet that ludicrous idea has been shelved as well. At least he jerked the pair of them, Wenger would have kept them on just to prove a point....under Wenger we would have probably shipped 5 yesterday.

What a chalice this unfortunate man has inherited, seems a decent enough bloke but I can see the crowd turning on him very quickly while the architect of this absolute clusterf**k is sitting with his feet up somewhere.... and still on our dime :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If Wenger was still presiding over this mess we would finish in the bottom half this season. Hell we still might.
It is my main concern tbh - that he doesn't get the time he needs to sort out the mess he inherited. The AKB in particular will turn on him quickly.

I don't however think there is a chance of us finishing bottom half (even if Wenger was still there) not because we are any great shakes but because the PL is actually that poor and there are literally only 6 or 7 teams guaranteed to finish in the top 10 and we are one of them.

I'm not reading too much into yesterday. Citeh are just a far better team than us. The fact it wasn't a 0-5 drubbing is a positive. And that citeh team will dish out a few 5-0 drubbings this season. I think it was Spiv Neville yesterday said that the chav game might be a better indicator of how ready the Arsenal are for this season as citeh are just a freak of a team.
Love how after 90 minutes of the season so many decisions have been made by so called pundits and twats who call radio phone ins, City have won the league, nothing has changed at The Arsenal, Scousers will be the only team to challenge City, Cardiff are down and the **** are still the greatest team to grace the league even though they have won fuck all !
Calm the fuck down everyone, 90 mins of football so far, a long way to go and lots to happen. Not great yesterday agreed but also means nothing at this stage, see you in 3 ,months when we will be able to actually have opinions on how the season is going!

Post by 1989 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:51 am
1989 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:28 am

PS. If Guendouzi doesn't go on to become a world class midfielder, I'll eat my hat.
Some deluded Arsenal fans said the same about Wilshere. Just glad you stopped short of calling him the new Vieira :roll: :roll:
New Zidane mate (with hair!) :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:

I have a pic on my phone sent to me yesterday of two AKB's at yesterdays game with a huge "Wenger In" banner. Emery is not going to get the time he needs.... disgraceful really as he is not the creator of this mess, but he'll get the blame for it anyway.

The Xhaka issue is a huge problem for him though, he's stupidly given him a new contract....a terrible mistake, now what does he do with him?? Hopefully own up to the mistake and drop him. Ramsey thankfully, can still be sent on his way.

I hope Emery can at least hold his own over the next few months...these are going to be difficult times for all of us and him. I just see so many poor, sub standard players in and around the squad.

When I think of Wenger I feel like smashing my laptop :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Post by 1989 »

Thought Mustafi and SuckHerTits looked alright at the back

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

DB10GOONER wrote:

The AKB in particular will turn on him quickly.
Agree with post apart from this bit. Vast majority of "AKB"s or those that might have been referred to as such, will support whoever manages the team and, as far as I could tell yesterday, are doing just that.

On people leaving early:

It was sad to see the ground start emptying before the end although, to be fair to the "leavers" , it was a touch later than previous.

However, those at the end applauding the players who thanked the fans, were the same people who stayed to end last season and previous seasons. The same people left early and, generally, the same ones whinged as always. Whingers are whingers and will remain so.

It is clear that Emery has a plan and is working toward a goal he has in his mind. The changes in the way we play can be seen already and playing the same game as the current experts at it AGAINST that same team was always going to be a hard task. I think it's also true that next weekend's game will give us a more accurate measure of how things may go. I also think that by the time we play city again, we will have a better chance, the players having adapted more to the new way...

Onwards..... UTA.

Blade

Post by Blade »

This 'rubbish' are not my comments/quotes they are lifted verbatim from seasoned pros.Think about the weightage between an obscure blogger who never kicked a professional football in anger in his life and these guys:

Beihoff,Paul Breitner,Matthäus,Rummenigge,Hoeness,Brazil,Neville G,Neville P,Keown,Kahn,Basler,Souness,A Smith,Wright,Lineker,Reid,Murphy,Burley,Nicol.Wilkins,Owen,Seaman,Hoddle,Lehmann,Wilkins[bless him].

And they all take issue with him on that one point!.

So over and out -found a better forum.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Blade wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:59 pm
This 'rubbish' are not my comments/quotes they are lifted verbatim from seasoned pros.Think about the weightage between an obscure blogger who never kicked a professional football in anger in his life and these guys:

Beihoff,Paul Breitner,Matthäus,Rummenigge,Hoeness,Brazil,Neville G,Neville P,Keown,Kahn,Basler,Souness,A Smith,Wright,Lineker,Reid,Murphy,Burley,Nicol.Wilkins,Owen,Seaman,Hoddle,Lehmann,Wilkins[bless him].

ozilisalazybastard.com? :D

For what it is worth I thought he was poor yesterday but he was not the only one

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:55 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 am
augie wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 pm

I assume that is again aimed at Ozil ? If so then would you please shut the fcuk up or fcuk off to another forum cos this vendetta of yours is ridiculous- I thought that he was poor today but there were 4 or 5 worse than him, but all you seem to be able to do is focus on him
Have to agree augie. It's past tedious and nonsensical and is now just trolling - and we have clear rules about trolling. I'm reluctant to ban the idiot because I don't want to be accused of it being a personal thing but I also have rules to follow on here. If he keeps it up I'll give him a week off.

Oh for any of our entitled hipster pc twats -
one of the definitions for "trolling" is repeatedly posting nonsensical rubbish to provoke or irritate other forum users.

I don't think quoting Dixon or his other comments are trolling.

Clearly the two of you disagree. Ozil in particular divides fans, but there have been plenty of posters on here who have had vendettas against a variety of players. It might make our blood boil on occasion, but stupid speech is part of the price we pay for free speech.
Agreed. I dont see how criticising ozil can be construed as trolling. Everyone has a player they think isnt worthy of the badge. For me its Ramsey. I havent seen what other things the person in question has said but it does seem at times the modding on this forum is way over the top. No doubt cue a if you dont like it f off elsewhere response.
Again, no one said criticizing Ozil is trolling. Repeatedly posting ill thought out rubbish to provoke a negative reaction is trolling. And he has done that throughout the thread. But no you pop in to have a go without even reading what was posted. :roll: Re-read it and then read the rules on trolling.

As for your other typical chip on shoulder comment about the modding being OTT - are you, of all people, kidding??!! :roll: :lol: On any other forum you would be banned long ago for the personal abuse you have dished out on here.
Really? That’s just so not true. I haven’t seen the said poster trolling tbh, I just think you continually get your knickers in a twist. You really don’t like people questioning you do you DB10. In a way your reactions probably encourage certain people.

markyp

Post by markyp »

SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:24 am
markyp wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:35 pm
We could be here a month of Sunday's and would still not hit the target.i wish xhaka would just fuck off,fresh air theif,lichsteiner looks quality,lack of pace mean s fuck all when you know what you are doing,as for Aub from what I saw pre season and today he needs to wake the fuck up or be replaced by lacazaette
Not sure why you single out PEA??? As a striker it helps massively if you get some service and yesterday he got nothing at all.
you obviously didn't watch the pre season games??he offered very little in those either which is why after yesterday im pretty sick of the sight of him tbh

augie

Post by augie »

Blade wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Every single fcuking post you put up is about Ozil and it is way beyond annoying - I said for the last 8 months I would have sold him rather than give him a new deal so I ain't a fan of him either, but this is a forum about AFC not just Ozil and I would suggest that having your hatred of Ozil be known (many, many times) it is time you posted about something or someone else :roll: Do you think that repeatedly criticising Ozil is going to turn his fans against him and start agreeing with you ? You have made your position abundantly clear and I have no problem with that, but ffs post about something else for a change

augie

Post by augie »

A quick question that some of you might be able to answer for me -

A few minutes after almost kicking the ball into his own net ( :roll: ), Cech had the ball at his feet again and when he cleared it away, the fans gave a sarcastic cheer and he seemed to turn around a make a gesture towards them - was it a joking gesture or a fcuk you gesture to the fans ? The tv didn't show it again and I'm curious

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:59 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Blade wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:06 pm
" He can't get away with that type of aimless performance ,or he'll be sat next to UE".Lee Dixon.

After the 2nd half kicked off his first touch was in the 65th min.Very influential against an elite team.

I assume that is again aimed at Ozil ? If so then would you please shut the fcuk up or fcuk off to another forum cos this vendetta of yours is ridiculous- I thought that he was poor today but there were 4 or 5 worse than him, but all you seem to be able to do is focus on him
Have to agree augie. It's past tedious and nonsensical and is now just trolling - and we have clear rules about trolling. I'm reluctant to ban the idiot because I don't want to be accused of it being a personal thing but I also have rules to follow on here. If he keeps it up I'll give him a week off.

one of the definitions for "trolling" is repeatedly posting nonsensical rubbish to provoke or irritate other forum users.

Clearly the two of you disagree. Ozil in particular divides fans, but there have been plenty of posters on here who have had vendettas against a variety of players. It might make our blood boil on occasion, but stupid speech is part of the price we pay for free speech.
And nobody said quoting Dixon was trolling did they? No. What is trolling is repeatedly posting the same rubbish to provoke a negative reaction. Something he has done throughout this thread. Something that has provoked at least 2 other forum users to tell him to fuck off. Read the thread and then make a comment if you must, but at least do it from an informed position. Then read the rules regarding trolling.

I had already read the thread and the Ozil thread. Not reasonable to imply I hadn't.

I think most people agree that a WC winner on 350k pw should turn up (physically and metaphorically). Ozil divides opinion in the media in general and on these pages, although if you go back through the Ozil thread, there are more 'anti' posters than 'pro'.

Blade made it clear that he didn't want Ozil to play and he explained why, backing up his views with many quotes from a variety of sources in the game. You described these as 'wrong' and 'ill-informed hysteria and exagerration'! You also call him stupid and an idiot! I think every poster would bite back if those accusations were levelled against him.
During the game he highlighted instances that he believed back up his assertions. He also commented on other players and other aspects of the game, not just Ozil.

I disagree that his posts are 'nonsensical rubbish'. They are clearly shared by at least 15 other posters, who commented on the Ozil thread and others including this one. You may not agree with them and you often offer good counter arguments (when you're not hurling insults) but that doesn't mean you're right and he's wrong, let alone nonsensical.

Also, I don't think it's at all clear that his intention is to wind other posters up (we've had them on this thread in the past and I think the difference is clear). It's a very subjective test and, as an obvious admirer of Ozil, maybe you're not the best Mod to make that judgement here.

I can understand that some posters got fed up with the back and forth between the two of you, but to me it was just two people with strong opinions about a player, strenuously defending their opinion. It would probably have been better to take it to the Ozil thread, but strong, extreme views are all over this site and I much prefer that to having a bland 'let's all agree to disagree' style.

i think the two of you should have a big man-hug and drop the debate until the Chavs match. then we can all enjoy Round 2 :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:59 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

And nobody said quoting Dixon was trolling did they? No. What is trolling is repeatedly posting the same rubbish to provoke a negative reaction. Something he has done throughout this thread. Something that has provoked at least 2 other forum users to tell him to fuck off. Read the thread and then make a comment if you must, but at least do it from an informed position. Then read the rules regarding trolling.

I had already read the thread and the Ozil thread. Not reasonable to imply I hadn't.

I think most people agree that a WC winner on 350k pw should turn up (physically and metaphorically). Ozil divides opinion in the media in general and on these pages, although if you go back through the Ozil thread, there are more 'anti' posters than 'pro'.

Blade made it clear that he didn't want Ozil to play and he explained why, backing up his views with many quotes from a variety of sources in the game. You described these as 'wrong' and 'ill-informed hysteria and exagerration'! You also call him stupid and an idiot! I think every poster would bite back if those accusations were levelled against him.
During the game he highlighted instances that he believed back up his assertions. He also commented on other players and other aspects of the game, not just Ozil.

I disagree that his posts are 'nonsensical rubbish'. They are clearly shared by at least 15 other posters, who commented on the Ozil thread and others including this one. You may not agree with them and you often offer good counter arguments (when you're not hurling insults) but that doesn't mean you're right and he's wrong, let alone nonsensical.

Also, I don't think it's at all clear that his intention is to wind other posters up (we've had them on this thread in the past and I think the difference is clear). It's a very subjective test and, as an obvious admirer of Ozil, maybe you're not the best Mod to make that judgement here.

I can understand that some posters got fed up with the back and forth between the two of you, but to me it was just two people with strong opinions about a player, strenuously defending their opinion. It would probably have been better to take it to the Ozil thread, but strong, extreme views are all over this site and I much prefer that to having a bland 'let's all agree to disagree' style.

i think the two of you should have a big man-hug and drop the debate until the Chavs match. then we can all enjoy Round 2 :box:
Sorry I don't agree with most of that. He posted absolute gibberish across couple of threads. I quote:
Blade wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:58 am
cant stand Ozil.

He thinks he had the game to glide pass players a la Messi,Neymar,Ronaldhino but dosent reliaze he no skills and just throws up hand in exasperation when ball is taken off him.
Is that not ill informed rubbish? In what world is that anything other than absolute monkey shit? He repeatedly posted quotes from people often taken out of context. When I gave an argument as to why that was rubbish he just repeatedly posted the same quotes. His posts during the match were all sarcastic and repetitive. No effort to comment on the match or other players just repeating the same sarcastic rubbish. THAT is trolling wether you like it or agree with it or not.

Personally I find it insulting that you seem to think I've taken it personally because he doesn't like Ozil. I could give 2 fucks what he (or you or anyone) likes. What does piss me off is Arsenal fans in general are viewed by fans of other clubs as ill informed entitled morons that don't know football. And the kind of utter shit he posted on this public forum is embarrassing and gives credence to that belief of oppo fans.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:55 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Agreed. I dont see how criticising ozil can be construed as trolling. Everyone has a player they think isnt worthy of the badge. For me its Ramsey. I havent seen what other things the person in question has said but it does seem at times the modding on this forum is way over the top. No doubt cue a if you dont like it f off elsewhere response.
Again, no one said criticizing Ozil is trolling. Repeatedly posting ill thought out rubbish to provoke a negative reaction is trolling. And he has done that throughout the thread. But no you pop in to have a go without even reading what was posted. :roll: Re-read it and then read the rules on trolling.

As for your other typical chip on shoulder comment about the modding being OTT - are you, of all people, kidding??!! :roll: :lol: On any other forum you would be banned long ago for the personal abuse you have dished out on here.
Really? That’s just so not true. I haven’t seen the said poster trolling tbh, I just think you continually get your knickers in a twist. You really don’t like people questioning you do you DB10. In a way your reactions probably encourage certain people.
Oh God here we go again. Your fall back cheap shot again huh? I love when people disagree with me. It's what leads to informed debate which is one of the main reasons this forum exists. What I don't like is people posting stupid embarrassing stuff on a public forum that feeds the myth that all Arsenal fans are entitled knobs that know nothing about football.

All I've done is tried to engage him in a reasonable debate. I've asked him to explain why he thinks Ozil is shit and he just repeatedly posted the same quotes many of which were agenda-driven by the Germans or were taken out of context or edited to leave out any praise for the player.

If you want to see someone with permanently twisted knickers go and read most of your posts on the absolutely shit tedious Brexit thread.

I'm not getting back into this tit for tat bullshit with you. You've killed enough threads on here. Fill your boots with your inevitably tedious response. I won't be responding unless you break the rules or go into personal abuse.