Man City HOME Sunday August 12th 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Man City HOME Sunday August 12th 4pm

Post by clockender1 »

OPTA's verdict :

Most Passes - 47 - Guendozi
Most Touches - 72 - Guendozi
Most tackles won - 3 - Guendozi

Most balls lost - 19 - Xhaka.

fair this from the torygraph :
The Unai Emery era got off to a defeat which was maybe predictable enough given the opposition but after all the expectation of the Spaniard’s levels of preparation, the analysis, the drills and organisation the defensive failings were all too familiar to what he inherited from Arsene Wenger. It will take time to undo bad habits and it is hard to see players such as Granit Xhaka and Shkodran Mustafi fitting in.

Arsenal tried to go toe-to-toe with City but were just not up to it – not yet anyway

augie

Post by augie »

Guendozi was far and away our best midfielder today, but given that the other options were Ramsey and xhaka, it wasn't hard to be the best :roll:

Today was pretty much what I expected it to be - I told my lads before the game that I expected us to lose and I would accept that as long as the manner of the defeat was ok - I thought that we might crumble after conceding so early, but tbf we rode our luck for a while and settled down. There are a few very big negatives though that need recognising-

1. As I said on this thread the other day, in a game like this we cannot play Ramsey, Ozil and mikki at the same time. Ramsey was atrocious and I thought Ozil was very poor, but fcuk me mikki stank the place out today - his work rate was lazy and non existant, his attitude was poor, and how he lasted until half time baffled me much less play the full game :roll:

2. Xhaka is not a pro level footballer- he can't tackle, has fcuk all pace, and his football intelligence is woeful :oops: This clown was given a new contract lately and that is a shocking decision.

3. How can a team with a limited budget spend over £20m on a keeper and then not start him ahead of the ancient Cech ? I don't think that he was especially dire today, but if Leno isn't better than cech, then he should retire in the morning

4. Bangabang and Ramsey's attitude today was totally unacceptable- maybe playing on the streets of Gabon it is ok to have a carefree attitude to football, but this is the big time now and he needs to be told to work harder of fcuk out of here. Ramsey is an arrogant dickhead who thinks that he is better than he is :evil:

5. Mustafi is still, and always will be shite- sterling turned him twice in the area at the time Cech saved at his near post :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Blade wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:06 pm
" He can't get away with that type of aimless performance ,or he'll be sat next to UE".Lee Dixon.

After the 2nd half kicked off his first touch was in the 65th min.Very influential against an elite team.

I assume that is again aimed at Ozil ? If so then would you please shut the fcuk up or fcuk off to another forum cos this vendetta of yours is ridiculous- I thought that he was poor today but there were 4 or 5 worse than him, but all you seem to be able to do is focus on him

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Somebody passes the ball back to Cech, he turns to face his own goal and hits the ball out for a corner missing the goal by inches.

Sorry I just had to fucking write that down again for the record.

I mean if that goes in it just looks like he’s taken a bung right? Goalkeeper turns towards his own goal and kicks the ball straight in. You’ve seen the videos of it on twitter from some game in the Venezuelan second division that the mafia controlled.

Helmet head cannot be asked to play ball out from the back, his default mode is punting it 60 yards up the field straight to the opposition or directly out of play. To now ask him when he’s dead as a player to start playing passes to the full backs to get the attack started is insanity. It’s tragic watching him with the ball at his feet.

Agree with Augie about Mikhi, absolutely abject performance that stank the place out. Unless we start Leno, Lacazette and Torreira for Cech, Mikhi and Xhaka against the chavs then you can chalk that down as a nailed on defeat too I’m afraid.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:24 pm
Does anybody here think that Xhaka is anything other than a disaster and a fraud at this level?

Barely lasted five minutes before he needlessly gave away the ball in a really dangerous area under zero pressure. Did the same thing a few more tiles.

But forget about that - what did he do well today? NOTHING. It’s always fucking nothing. He is a painfully average footballer with zero pace and simply cannot get a foothold in any game against a half-decent side. Doesn’t win any fucking possession back, doesn’t do anything going forward.
I thought he was pretty shit early on in his Arsenal career, and that was nothing to do with Wengers coaching. I don’t know how he got a new contract, but what made me laugh was that prick Troopz who was rimming xhaka in an AFTV vid last year only to slag him off rotten last night. Once a flip flop always a flip flop.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 pm
Blade wrote:
" He can't get away with that type of aimless performance ,or he'll be sat next to UE".Lee Dixon.

After the 2nd half kicked off his first touch was in the 65th min.Very influential against an elite team.

I assume that is again aimed at Ozil ? If so then would you please shut the fcuk up or fcuk off to another forum cos this vendetta of yours is ridiculous- I thought that he was poor today but there were 4 or 5 worse than him, but all you seem to be able to do is focus on him
Have to agree augie. It's past tedious and nonsensical and is now just trolling - and we have clear rules about trolling. I'm reluctant to ban the idiot because I don't want to be accused of it being a personal thing but I also have rules to follow on here. If he keeps it up I'll give him a week off.

Oh for any of our entitled hipster pc twats -
one of the definitions for "trolling" is repeatedly posting nonsensical rubbish to provoke or irritate other forum users.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Anyway on to the game itself. It was a strange one. A Wenger side might have lost that 0-5. We were tighter in places and looked good when we pressed but the pressing didn't last long enough.

Cech looked awful but did save 3 nailed on goals too. But ultimately he is way past his best and has to be dropped.

Bellend is still awful both defensively and in attack. Mustafi and Sok did OK but both look accident prone as hell.

AM-N got roasted and whereas Ozil did give Bellend some cover particularly in the first half neither Xhaka or Mickey Tarragon gave AM-N any help. Lick-Her-Stinkhole did well but he looks like he'll get dragged into little personal spats too easily.

As for the midfield? The Dozer was our best player bar one absolute howler. The amount of shit short passes he recovered from Xhaka Ramsey and Mickey Tarragon was incredible. Ramsey, Xhaka and Mickey Tarragon were dreadful. All just pissed possession away and gave the CHs no cover whatsoever particularly for both goals. Ozil looked ok covering back but ultimately he was poor and his passing was off. Still he did put Boomerang through and put a sitter on a plate for Mickey Tarragon to balloon.

Boomerang was dreadful. He can finish but he still does not know where or when to run so often. He is a good striker but not a great one.

Lacazette did a Danny Wellwide impression: he "put in a shift" and lifted the crowd and tempo but with zero quality or end result.

Dick has inherited a pretty poor squad and he has to be given time to get it balanced and bring in more quality. I think it was Spit the Scouse said it yesterday that he needs at least three windows to rebuild. Worrying thing is with the wig molester now owning everything will the required money be available to rebuild?

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Wrong team & wrong tactics. Welbeck or Lacazette should have played instead of Ozil. Ozil just doesn't have an engine, in an era were you need to be an athlete as well as a footballer, Ozil is no athlete. He really shouldn't be starting in games in which we are likely not to have majority possession.

I was surprised how often City caught us out, it was like Wenger was still manager - no acknowledgment we were up against a better team & therefore we should play accordingly. Really disappointed with how the game turned out, had we lost 2-0 without giving so many chances away, it wouldnt have been so bad. But City torched us & it was a loss in which it was lucky to lose 2-0, rather than unlucky.

Mind you its Emery's first game, going up against Pep's team which has been fine tuned. I can easily see City winning the league by more than 15 points this season, as they did last year. I will give Emery a pass here, but I wont this week at Chelsea. Yes I know its away, but we fans cannot get into the habit of letting results & losses slide because of who the opposition is. We had enough of that with Wenger. Man United 8 Arsenal 2. WengerBoys: "Well what do you expect, it was United at Old Trafford".

nut flush gooner

Wilson wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:13 am
Wrong team & wrong tactics. Welbeck or Lacazette should have played instead of Ozil. Ozil just doesn't have an engine, in an era were you need to be an athlete as well as a footballer, Ozil is no athlete. He really shouldn't be starting in games in which we are likely not to have majority possession.

I was surprised how often City caught us out, it was like Wenger was still manager - no acknowledgment we were up against a better team & therefore we should play accordingly. Really disappointed with how the game turned out, had we lost 2-0 without giving so many chances away, it wouldnt have been so bad. But City torched us & it was a loss in which it was lucky to lose 2-0, rather than unlucky.

Mind you its Emery's first game, going up against Pep's team which has been fine tuned. I can easily see City winning the league by more than 15 points this season, as they did last year. I will give Emery a pass here, but I wont this week at Chelsea. Yes I know its away, but we fans cannot get into the habit of letting results & losses slide because of who the opposition is. We had enough of that with Wenger. Man United 8 Arsenal 2. WengerBoys: "Well what do you expect, it was United at Old Trafford".
Harsh imo, let’s start criticising the managers tactics when his team gets turned over rather than pretty much a Wenger starting eleven. It will probably take another 2 or 3 windows to get the players in that he needs to play the pressing game they tried yesterday.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Looking forward to our relegation battle against the Hammers in a couple of weeks. Should be an even game. This one was not - we wos 'ammered. They could have scored many more than 2. How many shots on target did we have ?. Give the kids a go. :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Give it time was the toughest start Emery could have had to his Arsenal career

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

markyp wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:35 pm
We could be here a month of Sunday's and would still not hit the target.i wish xhaka would just fuck off,fresh air theif,lichsteiner looks quality,lack of pace mean s fuck all when you know what you are doing,as for Aub from what I saw pre season and today he needs to wake the fuck up or be replaced by lacazaette
Not sure why you single out PEA??? As a striker it helps massively if you get some service and yesterday he got nothing at all.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 am
augie wrote:
Blade wrote:

Have to agree augie. It's past tedious and nonsensical and is now just trolling - and we have clear rules about trolling. I'm reluctant to ban the idiot because I don't want to be accused of it being a personal thing but I also have rules to follow on here. If he keeps it up I'll give him a week off.

one of the definitions for "trolling" is repeatedly posting nonsensical rubbish to provoke or irritate other forum users.

I don't think quoting Dixon or his other comments are trolling.

Clearly the two of you disagree. Ozil in particular divides fans, but there have been plenty of posters on here who have had vendettas against a variety of players. It might make our blood boil on occasion, but stupid speech is part of the price we pay for free speech.

nut flush gooner

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 am
augie wrote:
Blade wrote:

I don't think quoting Dixon or his other comments are trolling.

Clearly the two of you disagree. Ozil in particular divides fans, but there have been plenty of posters on here who have had vendettas against a variety of players. It might make our blood boil on occasion, but stupid speech is part of the price we pay for free speech.
Agreed. I dont see how criticising ozil can be construed as trolling. Everyone has a player they think isnt worthy of the badge. For me its Ramsey. I havent seen what other things the person in question has said but it does seem at times the modding on this forum is way over the top. No doubt cue a if you dont like it f off elsewhere response.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Not trolling.

Everything i posted are NOT MY QUOTES

They are quotes from ex-managers,ex-players,current players,qualified pundits.

The various negative comments on Miki,Bellerin,Xhaka,Cech,Ramsey,Mustafi are classified as what?.'Trolling'?