other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by the playing mantis »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:33 am
Andrew wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:31 pm
StuartL wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:14 pm
Wheels are off Ole :D
Let’s hope he has already signed a 4 year deal
How many losses make a crisis?

It only took about 3 wins to make him the Messiah - is he now just a very naughty boy?
that win over PSG is the best thing that could have happened.
they started to believe the hype and now they are falling apart :D

top 4 will be difficult, unlikely to now win a trophy, and I reckon no chance v Barcelona :lol:
I told my Manure colleagues from Kent and Hertfordshire that whether they get a result at their ground will depend on which dodgy referee they get. If it's the same one as the PSG or an incompetent one as that then they might win a leg but definitely no chance at the Camp Nou.

They said Tottenham got a result there but they think Barca played at their best in a match that made absolutely no difference to them. Doesn't get as deluded as them thinking they might win both legs only because 'we dominated PSG at their ground'.
spurs drew with barca kids/reserves in a dead game.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 am
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:33 am
Andrew wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:31 pm
StuartL wrote:

Let’s hope he has already signed a 4 year deal
How many losses make a crisis?

It only took about 3 wins to make him the Messiah - is he now just a very naughty boy?
that win over PSG is the best thing that could have happened.
they started to believe the hype and now they are falling apart :D

top 4 will be difficult, unlikely to now win a trophy, and I reckon no chance v Barcelona :lol:
I told my Manure colleagues from Kent and Hertfordshire that whether they get a result at their ground will depend on which dodgy referee they get. If it's the same one as the PSG or an incompetent one as that then they might win a leg but definitely no chance at the Camp Nou.

They said Tottenham got a result there but they think Barca played at their best in a match that made absolutely no difference to them. Doesn't get as deluded as them thinking they might win both legs only because 'we dominated PSG at their ground'.
spurs drew with barca kids/reserves in a dead game.
Try and explain this to both sets of deluded fans. Had the c*nts singing to me 'Scums at the Camp Nou Arsenal watching Doctor Who'. Funny that, none of them were talking after they picked City in the next round. Twats.

The other lot think if they beat Barca they are going all the way. The way they played against Wolves they won't get past Barca's B team.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:34 am
AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 pm
oh shit chelsea dropped all 3 points.
that good isn't it ? :rubchin:
Yeah just unexpected

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

:tumbleweed:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Fucking International breaks - just shoot me now :suicide:

I was just having a panic about the summer. Off on holiday for the first two weeks of June, Champions League is 1 June and the Nations League is 5 - 9 June but then what. How do I get to August and the new season without going mad. The women's world cup......NO :shock: I'm not a cricket fan so the world cup isn't really my cup of tea and the Ashes is August by which time we are into the countdown for the new season.

So I was genuinely happy to see that the African Cup of Nations is taking place in the summer for the first time so there is some real football to watch 21 June - 19 July :barscarf: So only 2 weeks to kill until August :lol:

Of course next year we have the Euros and 16? different venues which include those European hotspots of Belarus, Azerbaijan and Israel :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 am

I was just having a panic about the summer. Off on holiday for the first two weeks of June, Champions League is 1 June and the Nations League is 5 - 9 June but then what. How do I get to August and the new season without going mad. The women's world cup......NO :shock: I'm not a cricket fan so the world cup isn't really my cup of tea and the Ashes is August by which time we are into the countdown for the new season.

So I was genuinely happy to see that the African Cup of Nations is taking place in the summer for the first time so there is some real football to watch 21 June - 19 July :barscarf: So only 2 weeks to kill until August :lol:

Of course next year we have the Euros and 16? different venues which include those European hotspots of Belarus, Azerbaijan and Israel :roll:
The standard of that is so shit these days, you'd be better off watching dogs playing with a ball in the park.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Honestly International breaks make me go so mad. My God it's been a shit show on the Tv and everywhere the past week and a bit.

Using up this time to finish all my outstanding shows on Prime Tv and Netflix. The McCann tv show kept me in check this past week.

I'll take ACON even if the standards are shit, it's better than nothing.Thanks for the Cricket World Cup this year..

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Heathens everywhere :wink:

Not as big as the Ashes but should be good. Mind you think most games are during the day anyway to suit India :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:47 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

The standard of that is so shit these days, you'd be better off watching dogs playing with a ball in the park.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or "women's football" as it is also known. :shock:

:D :wink:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:47 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or "women's football" as it is also known. :shock:

:D :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

England up against Montenegro. Couple of the England strikers might be eyeing up a knighthood :? :? :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Absolutely loved the Arsenal women's result away at Liverpool. Whether its women's or men's, u-23, u-18 the scoreline; Liverpool 1-5 Arsenal, will always look spectacular.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Nice to see our ladies team hopefully win the league this year!

And that's the real quiz :barscarf:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:51 am
England up against Montenegro. Couple of the England strikers might be eyeing up a knighthood :? :? :?
Ouch! - Did Kane get his MBE because he was top scorer? If that's the case Rodriguez, Villa, Klose and R9 Ronaldo should've got one from their respective country. Not taking anything away from him but it's a bit soft handing one out for that.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:19 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:51 am
Ouch! - Did Kane get his MBE because he was top scorer? If that's the case Rodriguez, Villa, Klose and R9 Ronaldo should've got one from their respective country. Not taking anything away from him but it's a bit soft handing one out for that.
They hand them out like sweets.....to the extent that they have become virtually meaningless.